Off-season spending

Where would you rather spend the money?   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Off-season spending

• Zach Ertz
    • #2 CB
    • DE or LB

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What money? Buscaglia tweeted last night Sanders took us close to zero. We moved Smith for a couple mil. Then we tendered Ike Boettger and re-signed Levi Wallace. 

Bills can Fit Any player that they want in the cap. Havent we as fans learned this yet?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

Whose money are we spending? Because the Bills don’t have a lot left to spend last I looked.

Havent we learned yet as Fans the cap can always be manipulated to fit who you want in it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

What money? Buscaglia tweeted last night Sanders took us close to zero. We moved Smith for a couple mil. Then we tendered Ike Boettger and re-signed Levi Wallace. 

There's always cap money somewhere. There's still a bunch of players who they could restructure. Hughes could be extended a year and money moved. Somehow teams like the Rams who were 36m over a couple days ago find ways to sign players to 20m contracts. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Bills can Fit Any player that they want in the cap. Havent we as fans learned this yet?

Sure they can. Gotta find the right guy, then Beane will pull the trigger. Finding the right guy is the issue. ROI gets real with these early FA signings. In my eyes, the only way to get that return is via draft or trade. FA acquisitions seldom are good value gets.

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

There's always cap money somewhere. There's still a bunch of players who they could restructure. Hughes could be extended a year and money moved. Somehow teams like the Rams who were 36m over a couple days ago find ways to sign players to 20m contracts. 

This. If Beane and company want it bad enough, they will find a way. 

Wherever the best deal is for the bast value. Use the draft for what is leftover as the weak spot. 

One of the things I LOVE about this FO is we never have a single glaring need going into the draft. They cover most of the bases beforehand and we go into the draft flexible.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The chiefs were 15M over the cap 5 days ago.  They just made a FA guard the highest paid guard in history and signed other players.  

We can make plenty of cap space 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know, but I didn’t want to list a bunch of options. 

Well, because of your laziness, your poll sucks. no offense 

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Sure they can. Gotta find the right guy, then Beane will pull the trigger. Finding the right guy is the issue. ROI gets real with these early FA signings. In my eyes, the only way to get that return is via draft or trade. FA acquisitions seldom are good value gets.

That’s a lot different statement  than who’s money we spending because Bills about out. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs were 15M over the cap 5 days ago.  They just made a FA guard the highest paid guard in history and signed other players.  

Let’s not forget Saints 56M over signed a TE to a QB contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, because of your laziness, your poll sucks. no offense 

I would literally have to list like 15 of more options to encapsulate a variety of theoretical options. Even then, we could still trade for people that aren’t FAs. I thought this would be the better option. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thurst44 said:

You have to pay the piper at some point. Keep in mind we have to re-up Josh and Edmunds soon too. Logic would also dictate that if Beane wanted to free up money to go ham - he would have by now while everyone's being gobbled up. 

It's possible we make *a* move or two and work some stuff around. Ertz being the most likely IMO.

We've spent a fair amount of money already. It's just mostly been our own guys. Not every offseason is going to be crazy exciting. And when you have the type of winning team we have, it usually isn't. That's a good thing btw.

But to say "where are we spending the money" - the fact is it's not there atm.

This right here. Since your name isn't Jordan Poyer I'd like to buy you a beer lol!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1