Golladay approached Cin for a 1 yr deal

39 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you think someone like golladay, fuller, or Samuel would want to come to Buffalo where they would be the 2nd or 3rd option though? (Diggs and Beas)

I think part of them wanting to take a 1 year prove it contract is them knowing they will be the clear 1 on the team with a lot of balls coming their way. Especially someone like golladay

Based off our offense last year, yeah I do...specifically fuller 

even as a number 2 in Buffalo I bet that outpaces the numbers one of them would have had for cincy

Edited by Jerboski
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you think someone like golladay, fuller, or Samuel would want to come to Buffalo where they would be the 2nd or 3rd option though? (Diggs and Beas)

I think part of them wanting to take a 1 year prove it contract is them knowing they will be the clear 1 on the team with a lot of balls coming their way. Especially someone like golladay

^^^^ this, 100%.

Of course Golladay wants a 1-year prove-it type deal. He'll be the go-to target for one of the top young passers in the game and get a long-term deal at the end of the season when the cap jumps up. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

even as a number 2 in Buffalo I bet that outpaces the numbers one of them would have had for cincy

Bills aren’t going to pay Fuller 10-12 mil a year even on a 1 year deal.

And I don’t think fuller would want to come to Buffalo to be the 2nd/3rd option.

Sure his stats may be comparable say if he went to the bengals, but if he wants to get number 1 receiver money he has to prove it as the number 1.

And playing as the 2nd or maybe even 3rd option in Buffalo would do nothing to help that.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Because we need a role player which Sanders can do. Most of the guy's left wanting 1 year deals hoping to explode for a big year and cash in next year. Truth is Sanders or whomever we brought isn't going to beat out Diggs as our #1 a d might not beat out Beasley as our #2.

Sanders also has a ton of playoff experience, I find that very valuable to what we are trying to do this year compared to say Golladay from a scrub team like the Lions.

Edited by Rico

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

OK...But why Cincy then? Assuming Burrow comes back healthy, and I think that a fair assumption. They have Boyd and Higgins already...And the way Higgins played with Burrow once they got clicking last year, his projection is a clear #1 in Cincy...

If Golladay is only looking to looking to pile up #1 WR stats in 2021, I don't think Cincy is the best option. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

OK...But why Cincy then? Assuming Burrow comes back healthy, and I think that a fair assumption. They have Boyd and Higgins already...And the way Higgins played with Burrow once they got clicking last year, his projection is a clear #1 in Cincy...

If Golladay is only looking to looking to pile up #1 WR stats in 2021, I don't think Cincy is the best option. B-)

Golladay would be the clear number 1 in cinci IMO as he is way better than Boyd and Higgins 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Golladay would be the clear number 1 in cinci IMO as he is way better than Boyd and Higgins 

Really? OK...He had back to back 1000 yd seasons in 2018 and 2019...He is an absolute physical beast when healthy...I'll give you that...But his best year (2019) was only 17 yds a game better than Higgins rookie year, with a Rookie QB that went down in week 11 turning the passing game over to...Basically nothing...Higgins still had 67 receptions as a Rookie which is 2 better than Golladay's 2019 season...Golladay's best season for receptions was 2018 with 70...

Boyd also had back to back 1000 yd seasons in 2018 and 19...Golladay did have 179 more yds total and 4 more TD's in those 2 seasons combined...He played one more game than Boyd from 2018-2019. But Boyd also had 31 more receptions in those 2 years combined. 

I think a heathy Golladay is a very good NFL WR...And certainly his upside is better...Don't get me wrong...But he is not WAY better than Boyd. And while Higgins is a little bit of a projection right now, he's certainly off to a better career start than Golladay...

Maybe it was just the way he was used in Detriot...But Golladay certainly has not proven he's a complete NFL WR...He's not even in the same league as the elite WR's yet...Maybe he'll get there...But he's not there yet. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

Dude is a fragile womanly WR (sorry Notre Dame fans and feminists) that needed to use PEDs during his contract season because he knew he is too weak to withstand a season without getting hurt.

he’s a really good wr......but his body isn’t made for the nfl.  Any team to invest big guaranteed money in him is playing Russian roulette imo. 

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Really? OK...He had back to back 1000 yd seasons in 2018 and 2019...He is an absolute physical beast when healthy...I'll give you that...But his best year (2019) was only 17 yds a game better than Higgins rookie year, with a Rookie QB that went down in week 11 turning the passing game over to...Basically nothing...Higgins still had 67 receptions as a Rookie which is 2 better than Golladay's 2019 season...Golladay's best season for receptions was 2018 with 70...

Boyd also had back to back 1000 yd seasons in 2018 and 19...Golladay did have 179 more yds total and 4 more TD's in those 2 seasons combined...He played one more game than Boyd from 2018-2019. But Boyd also had 31 more receptions in those 2 years combined. 

I think a heathy Golladay is a very good NFL WR...And certainly his upside is better...Don't get me wrong...But he is not WAY better than Boyd. And while Higgins is a little bit of a projection right now, he's certainly off to a better career start than Golladay...

Maybe it was just the way he was used in Detriot...But Golladay certainly has not proven he's a complete NFL WR...He's not even in the same league as the elite WR's yet...Maybe he'll get there...But he's not there yet. B-)

I think golladay would be the best wr in Cinci, but Boyd is a nice player and might have more production based on familiarity.  I’d give golladay the benefit and give him the #1 spot though

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think golladay would be the best wr in Cinci, but Boyd is a nice player and might have more production based on familiarity.  I’d give golladay the benefit and give him the #1 spot though

I don't disagree...Like I said Golladay's ceiling is clearly very high...

But I would not sleep on Higgins there...He had a very nice Rookie season in only 11 games with Burrow. And there was clearly a chemistry building between those 2...B-)

11 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Cincy makes sense for a few reasons. He needs to prove he’s healthy so it’s best he’s not the only main option on the team so he can take it easy when he’s sore or hurting. They will probably still lose a lot of games, meaning they’ll be throwing a ton trying to stay in it so he’ll see a lot of targets. Popular division with some tough defenses to gain exposure. As a 1 year prove it deal Cincinnati isn’t a terrible idea to increase your value 

14 hours ago, Process said:

I really don't understand why we rushed to sign Sanders. I don't hate the signing. But its looking like some of these premium receivers are going to get stuck signing one year deals. 

If we could have had Golladay or Fuller or Samuel on a one year deal for a reasonable price, the Sanders signing is going to be very disappointing.

It's far more about the receiver type we prioritize. Sanders is great route runner and an "open window" receiver. He also is incredibly experienced and doesn't get hurt. You can't say that about Fuller. 

12 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I don't have a problem with either of these players, but be careful about the counting stats. Someone has to catch the ball, just like someone has to score 20 ppg in the NBA for even the worst teams. If you're a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a great player. Stevie Johnson, who was average at best, put up 3 straight 1000-yard seasons. Then he went to a good team and the numbers cratered. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

It's far more about the receiver type we prioritize. Sanders is great route runner and an "open window" receiver. He also is incredibly experienced and doesn't get hurt. You can't say that about Fuller. 

I don't have a problem with either of these players, but be careful about the counting stats. Someone has to catch the ball, just like someone has to score 20 ppg in the NBA for even the worst teams. If you're a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a great player. Stevie Johnson, who was average at best, put up 3 straight 1000-yard seasons. Then he went to a good team and the numbers cratered. 

Be careful? OK...I've only been doing this for 30 plus years...I have a proven history of getting a ton of this correct right here on TSW since the mid 90's...But thanks for the advice Dave...:D

Seriously though I understand what you're saying...Rest assured I'm taking many things beyond statistics into consideration when evaluating NFL players and Draft picks...B-)

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Cincy makes sense for a few reasons. He needs to prove he’s healthy so it’s best he’s not the only main option on the team so he can take it easy when he’s sore or hurting. They will probably still lose a lot of games, meaning they’ll be throwing a ton trying to stay in it so he’ll see a lot of targets. Popular division with some tough defenses to gain exposure. As a 1 year prove it deal Cincinnati isn’t a terrible idea to increase your value 

Oh I agree Cincy is a great option for Golladay...I'm a Burrow fan...But the conversation was about an assumption that he would waltz into Cincy and be the clear cut #1 guy...And I don't agree with that...It's possible. But I also think he's coming off an injury plagued season, he has to learn a new Offense, and Burrow clearly has built some chemistry with Tee Higgins in their Rookie seasons. Plus I do not believe, as good as Golladay has looked at times, that he is a proven NFL #1 WR in the Diggs, Hopkins, Adams, or even Metcalf mold. He certainly can move into that category. He has the natural ability for sure. But so far in his career he has not been a complete WR yet. Maybe it was Detroit's Offense...We'll see...B-)

14 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

He could be a number 1, for sure but it's not cut and dried. Boyd and Higgins were having great seasons until Burrow went down. I guess it's kind of irrelevant either way.

I tell you if I was CIN, I would be more worried about fixing defence and OLine. Their HC will lose his job with another below .500 season.

I don't love the Sanders signing but I don't hate it either. It's just with the way the market is right now for WR I wonder if they could have picked up Fuller or JUJU on a 1 year prove it for 7-8 per.