Bills re-sign Levi Wallace

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I haven’t played much the last 2 years. But I think they worked that one out. Finding good return on trades was way harder in the last one. I’ve been tempted recently to start playing again. 

I just bought Madden 21 after playing 18 for ten years it seemed. I've noticed FA trade is still flawed. I can take a player most notably Leveon Bell in FA. Trade him for a player or pick, then check Free agency next week or two. Leveon is back in FA. Keep repeating the process and build your team lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

I love that Levi Wallace told his agent not to even entertain any other offers, because he wants to be a Bill, because “we are going to win a Super Bowl”.

How can you not love that?!

As others have said, Levi is a GREAT “worse case scenario” to have as CB2, but I bet they draft one high and give Dane Jackson a long look, too.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I love that Levi Wallace told his agent not to even entertain any other offers, because he wants to be a Bill, because “we are going to win a Super Bowl”.

As others have said, Levi is a GREAT “worse case scenario” to have as CB2, but I bet they draft one high and give Dane Jackson a long look, too.

I could see a scenario where Levi would rather be on the Bills for 1 more year and see what happens and the sign a 3 year contract

with either the Bills or another team.  I think it's smart of him.

• Like (+1) 2

If Wallace was not re-signed, I would guess the # 30 pick to be a CB.  Now I'm not so sure.  The DE, DT, TE class does not seem to be that strong at pick 30 so I will not be surprised if the pick is one of top 3 RBs.  CB is still a good value at #30 though.  TE/ CB at 2nd round.  3rd; TE/CB.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wow. I didn't see any possible way we'd be able to retain an, at least, adequate young CB for under 2.13 million. Beane never ceases to surprise me.

I think all the teams are strapped for cash, so the big paydays that players ordinarily look for aren't there this year.   The result is that the differential between what others are offering and what the Bills offer isn't so large, so there's no reason for a guy to leave a team where he's had success to go to a new team and an uncertain future. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wallace gets unfairly maligned. Being the number 2 CB when no one throws near Tre, is probably one of the hardest jobs on the team. They also don’t often help him out with the coverage. He always plays hard and with good technique— just seems to be a step slow when he gets beat. 

For a #2 CB, we could do a lot worse. 

True and many teams will move their #1 guy to follow the offenses #1 WR, the Bills don't seem to do that very much so Wallace is often going up again the #1 guy.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think what he said is "don't even counter" which is a little different.  Says the offer that came in was unacceptable.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

He Called me back😎

Been waiting for this news! So underrated!

100% class guy too.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

One positive, we won’t be worse than last year on pass defense, which was pretty good.  

I love that we can go BPA in the draft 

Unlikely. It is what Beane says but not what he does.  If they do not sign a pass rusher or TE in free agency, you can bet he will draft two DL(edge and NT) and TE witin the first four picks.  The fourth will be either a DB or RB.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think all the teams are strapped for cash, so the big paydays that players ordinarily look for aren't there this year.   The result is that the differential between what others are offering and what the Bills offer isn't so large, so there's no reason for a guy to leave a team where he's had success to go to a new team and an uncertain future. 

That's a very valid point.  Especially when you are a "middle class" player, teams can promise you a lot - but how much is guaranteed?  You could go there where you don't know the system or the coaches, go through training camp, and get cut in September to find yourself looking for an new job.

There's a certain value in staying where you know the system and trust the coaches.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm listening....who are these ***** ton of edge rushers still available that can def. improve us?

We're currently bringing now 20/22 starters from a team that made it to AFC Championship game! 

Even if we bring in no edge guys. You bank on your 2nd year guys progressing and keep drafting good!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t even have time to miss him!

oh, I missed every second he was away.  

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unlikely. It is what Beane says but not what he does.  If they do not sign a pass rusher or TE in free agency, you can bet he will draft two DL(edge and NT) and TE witin the first four picks.  The fourth will be either a DB or RB.  

that would be very disappointing given the developmental talent at 30 at DE and TE.  

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm listening....who are these ***** ton of edge rushers still available that can def. improve us?

It's just my opinion but I am hoping Beane can find an Edge guy (be it DE or OLB) to fill the role similar to Lorax.

This time with a little more of pass rush.

I will not presume to know about all the players on this list but there is quite a few.  I hope it would happen.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/edge/