Bills re-sign Levi Wallace

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

It seems like we are keeping key players in key positions with a light duty FA and build with Depth in draft

I have been critical of Wallace, but this is a move you make all day. I haven’t seen numbers yet. But if he’s in the $2-2.5M range, I would even consider pushing it to 3 and tack on a few years. If he gets better, great, you have a solid CB2 on a dirt cheap deal for 3 years. If he stays the same, he’s just depth and is paid like depth. 

Don’t create holes unless you have to. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There was/still are a ***** ton of Edge rushers available that can def improve what we have... 

but what about Watkins being traded,  just busting you 👍, remember those decisions aren’t made by dumb azsez fans like us, people who see the whole picture and need to attend to all aspects of what it takes to make a team successful make those decisions,  any one of us morons can in a vacuum pick a better option, but there is a lot more to these selections than what fans know...

If Wallace is the 11th best starter on D then the D will be pretty good. He probably will have significant competition for the starting spot. 

This also means that the Bills have all 11 starters back on D plus Taron Johnson the nickel (or AJ Klein as 3rd LB) so top 12 are all back, 9 of 11 on offense, with #10 Boettger tendered. Only John Brown is gone and they get potential starters Cody Ford and Star (on D of course) back from injury and opt out, respectively.

In the salary cap era that has to be extremely rare.

Edited by jwhit34
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

well I kept him around in madden and he is an 88 overall in 2025, so there's hope.

This Wallace move used to be a weird glitch. I think they fixed it, but it was around forever. But you’d take a mid level starter like Wallace. Overpay but still cheap on like a 6 year/$4M AAV. If you can rotate him in properly and he gets better it is stupid cheap. Then trade him for a 1st or 2nd in the contact year, while you’ve already tried to do the same with somebody else. 

The super great glitch that has most definitely been fixed in the last Madden is the draft. You’d take a dude like Wallace, flip him for a 2nd in a contract year. Trade that second for a 1st the next year. Rinse and repeat. At one point I did this a couple seasons in a row, ended up with 7 or 8 firsts and another 2-3 seconds. The game maxed out at like 12 picks in a draft, so eventually you have to use the firsts and reset the process. 

Beane is doing some household chores getting a punter, Ike B. and Levi signed up.

I'm waiting for one signing that gives a good chance of improvement in the DE/RB/TE/CB positions to take us to the draft!

If he can do 2 I will be elated!

Levi Frazier back in the mix!

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

This Wallace move used to be a weird glitch. I think they fixed it, but it was around forever. But you’d take a mid level starter like Wallace. Overpay but still cheap on like a 6 year/$4M AAV. If you can rotate him in properly and he gets better it is stupid cheap. Then trade him for a 1st or 2nd in the contact year, while you’ve already tried to do the same with somebody else. 

The super great glitch that has most definitely been fixed in the last Madden is the draft. You’d take a dude like Wallace, flip him for a 2nd in a contract year. Trade that second for a 1st the next year. Rinse and repeat. At one point I did this a couple seasons in a row, ended up with 7 or 8 firsts and another 2-3 seconds. The game maxed out at like 12 picks in a draft, so eventually you have to use the firsts and reset the process. 

Free agents till week 8 are bargaining chips. Grab a few FA's, hit manual trade and trade them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Levi Frazier back in the mix!

Free agents till week 8 are bargaining chips. Grab a few FA's, hit manual trade and trade them.

Also, the long game used to be, all picks would roll up a round if you traded them for a future pick. So every draft you take your 7th in 2021 and trade it for a 6th in 2022, and do that all the way up. In 6 years your second becomes an extra 1st. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So many guys saying I want to be in Buffalo. One of the only guys I can remember saying that when we were terrible was Jerry Hughes (one of the reasons he’s my favorite player). Now multiple players are doing and taking “hometown discounts” to do so. If you count the 2020 football season and this offseason as one year- I can’t remember when I’ve had more fun as a Bills fan. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Also, the long game used to be, all picks would roll up a round if you traded them for a future pick. So every draft you take your 7th in 2021 and trade it for a 6th in 2022, and do that all the way up. In 6 years your second becomes an extra 1st. 

Hmm. Never knew that, I have to try that out. 

4 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Hmm. Never knew that, I have to try that out. 

I haven’t played much the last 2 years. But I think they worked that one out. Finding good return on trades was way harder in the last one. I’ve been tempted recently to start playing again.