Bills re-sign Levi Wallace

16 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Meh.....

Depth, nothing more.

Need an upgrade at CB2

Except that the meh, depth, need an upgrade, guy wins the CB2 position battle every year... put that in your pipe and smoke it...

• Like (+1) 1

Wallace gets unfairly maligned. Being the number 2 CB when no one throws near Tre, is probably one of the hardest jobs on the team. They also don’t often help him out with the coverage. He always plays hard and with good technique— just seems to be a step slow when he gets beat. 

For a #2 CB, we could do a lot worse. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Beane is doing exactly what he told us he would do.  Draft and resign our own.  Free Agents only when they fit the system and can improve what we have.  

Feliciano and Williams were free agent signings not draft picks. They were not drafted by the Bills.  Wallace was a UDFA not a draft pick.  So only the Milano signing really fits your statement. 

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wallace gets unfairly maligned. Being the number 2 CB when no one throws near Tre, is probably one of the hardest jobs on the team. They also don’t often help him out with the coverage. He always plays hard and with good technique— just seems to be a step slow when he gets beat. 

For a #2 CB, we could do a lot worse. 

I think that’s well said.

In saying that, I still hope the bills can find an upgrade over Levi.

Draft a CB day one or 2 and hope he takes the reigns.

While Levi is a serviceable player and plays hard, he’s still a mediocre CB2 IMO.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

I can't defend his production to date, but there is no TE available that is as good as Knox.  He's the best prospect at TE Bills have had in decades.

The most dangerous word in sports is potential, I don't want to be in TE purgatory with Knox. 

• Agree 1