Chiefs sign Kyle long

Good signing (Fairly low risk high reward) but they still need offensive tackle help, their guard play was actually good for most of 2020. Just weird to see them go so hard after guards when they need tackle help.

Edited by billsfan89

18 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Wouldn't have minded taking a swing on his guy.  But, we have our line for the most part.  Just have to hope that Ford pans out.  I have my doubts, though.  Guess we'll see.

Yep, this year’s line. I see us adding some guys to develop so we can improve down the road, getting younger and cheaper. If he/they can contribute earlier, all the better. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well we couldn't touch Mahomes against their back ups so I'm sure they'll be fine.

The Bills getting pressure is indeed a a real issue. We are all aware, against almost any team. 

Would it be rude to ask if there is anything you actually feel good about? 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Good signing (Fairly low risk high reward) but they still need offensive tackle help, their guard play was actually good for most of 2020. Just weird to see them go so hard after guards when they need tackle help.

1st ...addressing the bolded comment...NO. No it was not.  See last response for more on this.

Your resident Chiefs fan here to offer insight.....

That's waht this is....a low risk, high reward signing....Long spent the last 4 years of his playing career hurt often...then retired...an now back....very talented when healthy....of course...that's the key here isn't it?  Keep in mind KC signed Long as possible starter, and depth piece...he can play tackle as well if needed.  

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good player...about 5 years ago. 

Yep....he may well suck....5 million to see if he does or not....OK...for one year prove it deal..that's fine.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Well we couldn't touch Mahomes against their back ups so I'm sure they'll be fine.

I've alluded to it before....KC's oline looked really great against the Bills in week 6..and was good in the conference championship game.....but in week 6 KC started the backup C...who was better than the starter....and probalby that lineup was the BEST one we fielded all year.  ....even if you consider the regular grouping though...our interior O LINE WAS BAD.  no push..not good at pass protection either (ignore the sack number, Mahomes makes alot of that look way better than it is)  Stats and national pundits always think KC has "good line"....they haven't had a good line since 2018.  It's been steep downhill on the IOL since.  

Long is NOT being looked at as a surefire starter...he will compete for the RG job..but if doesn't win that....will be depth peice.  Also plays tackle if needed..he's a depth peice that might win starting job.  Good signing in that regard.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

1st ...addressing the bolded comment...NO. No it was not.  See last response for more on this.

Your resident Chiefs fan here to offer insight.....

That's waht this is....a low risk, high reward signing....Long spent the last 4 years of his playing career hurt often...then retired...an now back....very talented when healthy....of course...that's the key here isn't it?  Keep in mind KC signed Long as possible starter, and depth piece...he can play tackle as well if needed.  

Yep....he may well suck....5 million to see if he does or not....OK...for one year prove it deal..that's fine.

I've alluded to it before....KC's oline looked really great against the Bills in week 6..and was good in the conference championship game.....but in week 6 KC started the backup C...who was better than the starter....and probalby that lineup was the BEST one we fielded all year.  ....even if you consider the regular grouping though...our interior O LINE WAS BAD.  no push..not good at pass protection either (ignore the sack number, Mahomes makes alot of that look way better than it is)  Stats and national pundits always think KC has "good line"....they haven't had a good line since 2018.  It's been steep downhill on the IOL since.  

Long is NOT being looked at as a surefire starter...he will compete for the RG job..but if doesn't win that....will be depth peice.  Also plays tackle if needed..he's a depth peice that might win starting job.  Good signing in that regard.

Are you guys expecting the MD back?