Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Let him go to Miami--who cares?  If posters think the Bills would have a problem getting past the Miami Watsons...then they can't think the Bills are a threat to the Chiefs.

He’s a point here, you know.

Counterpoint, there’s a diff between facing a team once in the playoffs and facing them every season, twice a season.  Most people say latter is harder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Counterpoint, there’s a diff between facing a team once in the playoffs and facing them every season, twice a season.  Most people say latter is harder.

Bills won't be meeting the Fins in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I want a team that can beat everyone else no matter how hard it is. This team and Josh gives me hope that we are on that path. I don't think the 90's Bills would have won a SB if Marino wasn't in our division - and if Watson becomes a Dolphin I'll still expect Josh and the Bills to still be better. IMO, great teams/players embrace playing and beating other great teams/players.   

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I want a team that can beat everyone else no matter how hard it is. This team and Josh gives me hope that we are on that path. I don't think the 90's Bills would have won a SB if Marino wasn't in our division - and if Watson becomes a Dolphin I'll still expect Josh and the Bills to still be better. IMO, great teams/players embrace playing and beating other great teams/players.   

Go Bills!

I don’t disagree, but it sure didn’t hurt the Patriots* to play a dysfunctional AFCE for a couple decades. Those bye weeks and home playoff games were worth a ring or two, I’m guessing. 

I do like the spirit and attitude, however! 

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t disagree, but it sure didn’t hurt the Patriots* to play a dysfunctional AFCE for a couple decades. Those bye weeks and home playoff games were worth a ring or two, I’m guessing. 

I do like the spirit and attitude, however! 

No doubt about the Patriots - and I thought similar as I was typing my post. 

I've spent the majority of my life rooting for teams with limited success. I want more! 

And as it turns out the three teams I root for are all looking pretty good right now. But I need at least one to dominate. Bills may be the most likely of the three to do that. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills won't be meeting the Fins in the playoffs.

Weo, I’m sure you know Hap means we would likely face the Chiefs in the playoffs for probably many years, vs. we definitely will face the Fins twice every year, and the Fins are better with Watson.  I’m not afraid of a Watson led Fins team, but I would respect their talent.  We’ve owned the Dolphins for the Allen years.  It will be harder winning against the Dolphins with Watson at the lead.  They have a talented team outside of the QB.  

If he is traded my understanding was before everything cooled off in the spring the Panthers were the team at the head of the chase. Their view is allegedly if he doesn't face criminal charges they want him, hence they didn't draft a guy they took a flier on Sam Darnold. That isn't to say Miami couldn't re-emerge but it is by no means a done deal that if he is traded it is to the Dolphins.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I’m sure you know Hap means we would likely face the Chiefs in the playoffs for probably many years, vs. we definitely will face the Fins twice every year, and the Fins are better with Watson.  I’m not afraid of a Watson led Fins team, but I would respect their talent.  We’ve owned the Dolphins for the Allen years.  It will be harder winning against the Dolphins with Watson at the lead.  They have a talented team outside of the QB.  

I agree it will be harder, but I don't see the worry re: Bills path to the SB.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go?

The Texans are better off telling Watson to stay home until there js more clarity on his legal matters. Once that is settled teams might be more willing to pay a premium to acquire him. 

I'm pretty skeptical that a team and an owner would move 3 firsts given the current state. 

Honestly if I was an owner I wouldn't take Watson for free. I dont want people like him in my organization especially at the QB position representing my franchise. 

Edited by DJB
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not with a 10 foot pole for this PR nightmare 

Exactly.  I am not sure why this is even a thing right now.  I also agree with the Texans stance.  If I am the GM there I want everything and more.  Teams only get a QB of Watson's ability once every 20 years.   If I cant get 3+ first round picks, plus players in return, then he can sit at home or retire.  He signed the contract very recently, it was the same owner then. 

Not wanting to see Watson in Miami has nothing to do with fear. Realistically its just a sober assessment that our path is more difficult the better the competition in AFCE becomes. Its already going to be hard enuf to win a championship.

People are discounting what Watson could bring to that team, maybe because they dont think he will wind up there. And his not winding up there would be my preference for sure. 

We had our hands full beating Fitz at times. Watson is without question an elite playmaker at the all important position.  He would transform that offence IMO.

• Agree 1