Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

On 4/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, YoloinOhio said:

“eight of the plaintiffs “bragged about, praised and were excited about massaging” Watson; (2) seven of the plaintiffs “willingly worked or offered to work” with Watson “after their alleged incidents”; (3) three plaintiffs “lied about the number of sessions they actually had” with Watson; (4) five plaintiffs “lied about their alleged trauma and resulting harm”; (4) five plaintiffs “told others they want to get money out of” Watson; and (5) five plaintiffs have “scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts.”

I've tried and tried but I cannot get this to fit the tune to the 12 Days of Christmas

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have been to a lot of status conferences across the country.  Including many in Houston.  I have never seen a plaintiff’s attorney bring a client, and if they did, I would think it was very odd.  

this is buzbee continuing to try the case in the public.  What a circus 

Edited by Crayola64

20 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I have been to a lot of status conferences across the country.  Including many in Houston.  I have never seen a plaintiff’s attorney bring a client, and if they did, I would think it was very odd.  

this is buzbee continuing to try the case in the public.  What a circus 

Yeah, I have a hard time separating out appropriate concern for the clients (if they were subjected to inappropriate or coercive behavior) and for Watson (who deserves the benefit of doubt until all the evidence is made available) from my total disdain for BOTH lawyers as sleaze buckets.

Is Buzbee trying the case in public?  Yes.

Is Hardin handling that well by complaining of it, while attempting his own "try it in public" fest?  IMO no.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I have a hard time separating out appropriate concern for the clients (if they were subjected to inappropriate or coercive behavior) and for Watson (who deserves the benefit of doubt until all the evidence is made available) from my total disdain for BOTH lawyers as sleaze buckets.

Is Hardin handling that well by complaining of it, while attempting his own "try it in public" fest?  IMO no.

The thing is, lawyers, much like people in many professions, tend to like each other. The fact that it is much harder for lawyers to make big bucks these days also would seem to point towards a settlement imo. Which lawyer would be willing to risk a total loss in the case, ya know? 

The thing is, how does Watson settle without looking like a complete perv, let alone a man who abuses women? My guess is that he can only do so by shelling out HUGE bucks to the victims AND his legal team.

I don't think someone without the big bucks could survive this, although he might not have to. 

Of course, the above is jmo.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Defending his client by bringing in other women who had multiple sessions with him and saying "See he behaved then" makes absolutely no sense especially since the women suing for most part did not book additional sessions due to his actions.   It would be like Kr*ft saying - see we did not caught cheating in this game to explain away other cheating.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Defending his client by bringing in other women who had multiple sessions with him and saying "See he behaved then" makes absolutely no sense especially since the women suing for most part did not book additional sessions due to his actions.   It would be like Kr*ft saying - see we did not caught cheating in this game to explain away other cheating.

Agree, yes - or bringing up all the times you were driving and didn't speed to defend yourself from a speeding ticket

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree, yes - or bringing up all the times you were driving and didn't speed to defend yourself from a speeding ticket

My wife only gets tickets or warnings for going to slow.  She speeds more than I do and has never got a ticket.

• Eyeroll 1

Looks to me like one of those weird situations where he is equally guilty and innocent.  Like he's probably a huge d-bag and guilty of at least some of what he's accused of, with a definite cash grab from some of the other women.

• Eyeroll 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is the only logical thing that could’ve happened.  There’s probably not enough evidence to file criminal charges but the longer this dragged out, the worse all parties involved would’ve been.  The plaintiffs wouldn’t get nearly as much money if he’s not able to play football.  Watson can now continue his career, start the long process of re-habilitating his reputation, apologize to the plaintiffs and also probably write them each 7 figure checks.