Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So Watson likes a finger in his ***.  Ewww.

Bob Kraft says "hold my beer."

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The first, ahem, shoe to drop.

• Haha (+1) 5

Has any of his teammates come out to defend him? Former teammates? I havent seen anything like that.

That to me is very telling. I realize there is an investigation and players may want to keep their names out of it, but I remember when Kellen Winslow was arrested and ultimately convicted, former teammates told stories of how they hated being Winslow's roommate on trips because he would ***** in the rooms and was like well known to have a sex addiction 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This could be the biggest fall from grace from any athlete in my lifetime.  These are just allegations so he is innocent now but it's not looking good.

Sponsorship gone, he will pay millions to his 24+ victims. His lawyers will drain his bank account and I’m sure the Texans will go after his signing bonus. End up in prison and broke.... Pretty sad, what a call from grace. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Has any of his teammates come out to defend him? Former teammates? I havent seen anything like that.

That to me is very telling. I realize there is an investigation and players may want to keep their names out of it, but I remember when Kellen Winslow was arrested and ultimately convicted, former teammates told stories of how they hated being Winslow's roommate on trips because he would ***** in the rooms and was like well known to have a sex addiction 

Only his personal QB coach and Dhop that I’ve seen. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe Bryant had one accuser and she dropped the charges?  Watson has 22 women...this is Bill Cosby territory.

Bryant was criminally charged with rape and went to court. The court case was covered daily similar to the OJ case. 

He settled. He then rebounded pretty well. So that is an example of fall from grace and coming back from it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bryant was criminally charged with rape and went to court. The court case was covered daily similar to the OJ case. 

He settled. 

He did, charges dropped and done.  22, just the number is really bad.  Watson's career in jeopardy.

Bryant was tarnished for a bit but then came back up and became loved again.  It isn't looking good for Watson but this hasn't played all the way out yet.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is just the beginning. It's all about to come tumbling down. 

I'm starting to think this guy's career is over.  If there were some sort of exculpating evidence or any kind of innocent explanation for what's happening, we would have heard it by now.  Whatever happens to him from a legal perspective, it's pretty obvious that Watson is a deviant MFer.  I can't see any NFL team wanting anything to do with him. 

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sponsorship gone, he will pay millions to his 24+ victims. His lawyers will drain his bank account and I’m sure the Texans will go after his signing bonus. End up in prison and broke.... Pretty sad, what a call from grace. 

Even thought it is the Texans, I would be shocked if they didn't put in a morality clause in his contract allowing them recoup a good chunk of their money.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He did, charges dropped and done.  22, just the number is really bad.  Watson's career in jeopardy.

Bryant was tarnished for a bit but then came back up and became loved again.  It isn't looking good for Watson but this hasn't played all the way out yet.

Yes it was done because he settled out of court. Watson will also. Watson's problem is the public already sentenced him to banishment. 20 years ago Watson likely escapes. Roethlisberger also. The growth of social media the last 10 years has changed so much. 

Take the Ray Rice incident. Greg Hardy had an incident that was going away. But once the Ray Rice incident became viral on social media Greg Hardy's incident came back in the light. Hardy's career over. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe Bryant had one accuser and she dropped the charges?  Watson has 22 women...this is Bill Cosby territory.

Exactly.  It was easy for fans and teammates to believe Kobe over his one accuser...this is completely different.  It's looking like we are talking about a serial sex offender... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don't think it's telling at all. First, his teammates probably have no idea what actually happened, and second, sticking your neck out for him could cost them something too, as the Twitter mob would set their sights on that player.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This could be the biggest fall from grace from any athlete in my lifetime.  These are just allegations so he is innocent now but it's not looking good.

OJ is still the king, America loved him. I would bet a whole lot of people never heard of Watson.

• Like (+1) 1

People always say wait for the legal process to play out, but that isn’t always the reasonable standard.  Did anyone need to let the legal process play out to know ray rice did something wrong and illegal?  No, because we saw the evidence.

in other words, we were made aware of facts before the legal process played out and that was enough.

20+ accusations isn’t evidence or a fact we can look at like a video.  But it’s damning enough circumstances that judging him is more than reasonable.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes it was done because he settled out of court. Watson will also. Watson's problem is the public already sentenced him to banishment. 20 years ago Watson likely escapes. Roethlisberger also. The growth of social media the last 10 years has changed so much. 

Take the Ray Rice incident. Greg Hardy had an incident that was going away. But once the Ray Rice incident became viral on social media Greg Hardy's incident came back in the light. Hardy's career over. 

Yeah, I do agree that social media is adding to the flame but 22 is the biggest reason.  It makes him look like a serial sexual predator like Cosby. 

For him to have that many suits against him, the public is going to have a hard time forgiving him IMO.

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm starting to think this guy's career is over.  If there were some sort of exculpating evidence or any kind of innocent explanation for what's happening, we would have heard it by now.  Whatever happens to him from a legal perspective, it's pretty obvious that Watson is a deviant MFer.  I can't see any NFL team wanting anything to do with him. 

I've been saying this for weeks, that his career may be over. If not I see a 2 to 3 year disruption while things play out. The whole situation and the circumstances in itself is not only strange, but disturbing to say the least. I can't see anyone wanting him to be the face of their franchise and choose to deal with the surrounding circus unless he is somehow fully exonerated, which seems HIGHLY unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1