Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think 42 women is approaching Hugh Hefner / Playboy Mansion territory. Still not close to Wilt Chamberlain though.

It’s really insane. His predatory mind probably thought by having these women sign a NDA he can sexually abuse and harass women with zero impunity.... A serious question would also be who wrote this NDA for him? Was there collusion to

abuse women? Insanity. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

It’s really insane. His predatory mind probably thought by having these women sign a NDA he can sexually abuse and harass women with zero impunity.... A serious question would also be who wrote this NDA for him? Was there collusion to

abuse women? Insanity. 

It is likely his lawyer drafted it for more innocent purposes whether that be a normal sexual encounter or a relationship - that is not very unusual for sports stars and actors - what is unusual is taking one with you to all your massage appointments.... Watson definitely intended to behave the way he did but I doubt his lawyers were specifically prepping NDAs for him for that purpose.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is likely his lawyer drafted it for more innocent purposes whether that be a normal sexual encounter or a relationship - that is not very unusual for sports stars and actors - what is unusual is taking one with you to all your massage appointments.... Watson definitely intended to behave the way he did but I doubt his lawyers were specifically prepping NDAs for him for that purpose.

Fair enough. But it’s also a fair question to ask at this point. 

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Fair enough. But it’s also a fair question to ask at this point. 

You are right that Watson probably thought the NDA gave him some level of immunity. Personally I think NDAs are barely worth the paper they are normally very badly written on. They are very difficult to enforce legally except in clear commercial contracts because the person breaching the NDA has to have something to lose from it being enforced which even in a consensual one night stand situation the non-famous person doesn't. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Those are really disturbing to read. I can’t see how anyone can defend this type of behavior. Should be interesting to see who continues to defend him after reading that. Very disturbing. 

It’s crazy to think that not that long ago he was one of the very few good things the Texans had going for them. Now? Just a little more fuel for the dumpster fire......

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t forget to throw in Tua

I’m sure dozens of GMs are kicking the tires on him...who would want a (alleged) serial sex offender as the face of your franchise?

As I've mentioned previously, I've been/remain a professional Investigator (not a PI).

Given abundance of certain common techniques and databases; copious e-records: legal discovery providing in-roads to further investigation leads; ability to establish "pattern of behavior"; establishing destruction of records as indication of criminal/personal intent; obtaining contemporaneous records (oral, document) of accusers; etc, etc, etc...I pretty much can say one thing with certainty:

DW is totally and completely f***ked. 

If a lawyer came to me with this case, I would hardly ask her/him to pay me, as the job would be so easy.

Just my Fyi.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

As I've mentioned previously, I've been/remain a professional Investigator (not a PI).

Given abundance of certain common techniques and databases; copious e-records: legal discovery providing in-roads to further investigation leads; ability to establish "pattern of behavior"; establishing destruction of records as indication of criminal/personal intent; obtaining contemporaneous records (oral, document) of accusers; etc, etc, etc...I pretty much can say one thing with certainty:

If a lawyer came to me with this case, I would hardly ask her/him to pay me, as the job would be so easy.

Just my Fyi.

Very well said 👏, I think many people would agree with that. What’s interesting is to see all the illogical people that tried tooth and nail to defend Deshaun Watson in the media and on here for some alternative reasons, now have done a 180 and clearly see Deshaun is most likely a serial predator and not some grand conspiracy they were pushing of the Texans owner, Texans Management, numerous lawyers, at least 2 dozens women colluding to ruin Deshauns career.  It is wild watching people push that narrative. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Very well said 👏, I think many people would agree with that. What’s interesting is to see all the illogical people that tried tooth and nail to defend Deshaun Watson in the media and on here for some alternative reasons have done a 180 and clearly see Deshaun is most likely a serial predator and not some grand conspiracy they were pushing of the Texans owner, management, lawyers, at least 2 dozens women colluding to ruin Deshauns career.  It is wild watching people push that narrative. 

Until I see Watson’s attorney UNSUCCESSFULLY deploy the Chewbacca Defense, which to this day remains undefeated in a court of law, I remain decidedly unconvinced.  Good day, sir.

I SAID, GOOD DAY!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

Very well said 👏, I think many people would agree with that. What’s interesting is to see all the illogical people that tried tooth and nail to defend Deshaun Watson in the media and on here for some alternative reasons have done a 180 and clearly see Deshaun is most likely a serial predator and not some grand conspiracy they were pushing of the Texans owner, management, lawyers, at least 2 dozens women colluding to ruin Deshauns career.  It is wild watching people push that narrative. 

Totally agree, and we'll said.

I don't want to extend this much further, but one other key point:

If DW wants to go legal route, he is open to deposition (not certainty, but likely).

I've spent--I don't know for sure--but likely well over 1,000 hours in the box. Some "legal"; but most "extra-legal" outside CONUS.

To me, as an interrogator, Watson would be like fresh meat to a lion.

(Aside: my 1st post to this forum ~Oct 2019 compared me theoretically interrogating Mayfield, Darnold, and Allen. I suggested that JA would be the ONLY guy I couldn't break and that, therefore, he was "The One". I saw it in his eyes and demeanor).

My point is that I have a fair record/intuition on these matters.

NO way DW takes the "legal" route. He will try to go "public/media" route. But it will fail.

4 hours ago, Rico said:

I think 42 women is approaching Hugh Hefner / Playboy Mansion territory. Still not close to Wilt Chamberlain though.

42 woman in one offseason ??? Wilt Chamberlain would be jealous!!! 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Very well said 👏, I think many people would agree with that. What’s interesting is to see all the illogical people that tried tooth and nail to defend Deshaun Watson in the media and on here for some alternative reasons, now have done a 180 and clearly see Deshaun is most likely a serial predator and not some grand conspiracy they were pushing of the Texans owner, Texans Management, numerous lawyers, at least 2 dozens women colluding to ruin Deshauns career.  It is wild watching people push that narrative. 

Agree ^^^^ D W would need a dream team for his defense better then OJ’s and even then UNLESS the jury every one of them are males and ALL own a # 4 jersey I still think he’s F****d 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If true, as awful as that is at least they can live to talk about it and probably get compensated.  The dogs on the other hand........

I’m a dog guy , but never would I place  the potential rape of a fellow innocent human being below the death of an animal. Sorry but priorities are priorities 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Just my Fyi.

Maybe I've been missing some stuff that came out, or maybe I'm less logical than I think I am, but I'd still reserve judgement on whether he's hosed until all the facts/evidence come out.  I mean, I've seen cases that I thought were pretty slam-dunk get systematically unraveled in court.  Of course these were criminal cases so 🤷‍♂️

I'm not defending Watson as innocent or suggesting a conspiracy or anything, just that it wouldn't surprise me

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, wppete said:

Wow! Just wow! 

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

I’m a dog guy , but never would I place  the potential rape of a fellow innocent human being below the death of an animal. Sorry but priorities are priorities 

I didn’t realize one of the woman accused that she was forced to perform oral sex.  I thought she could’ve walked out if she wanted.  If her accusation is true, I take it all back.  Vick will always be a POS though.

Edited by Doc Brown

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe I've been missing some stuff that came out, or maybe I'm less logical than I think I am, but I'd still reserve judgement on whether he's hosed until all the facts/evidence come out.  I mean, I've seen cases that I thought were pretty slam-dunk get systematically unraveled in court.  Of course these were criminal cases so 🤷‍♂️

I'm not defending Watson as innocent or suggesting a conspiracy or anything, just that it wouldn't surprise me

Absolutely a good point Hap.

It is indeed the transformational aspect of the US justice system: innocent until proven guilty; right to confront one's accusers, etc. Unlike, for example, the French system.

I suppose I was coming at this from two ways: (1) "real world" practical perspective...that is, my experience, how I would approach this (fr the accusers side) and the no-s**t path an investigator will take; (2) "empirical" perspective; that is, case results based on public data available, and the results I've seen over the years... though, I must admit, I didn't always have to ensure beyond reasoned "guilt" in many cases.

Again, based on experience, I would say he's screwed, but of course I cannot say w 100% certainty that he's liable across ALL cases (unlikely).

But, I will double down: it sure as s**t don't look good. And this lawyer--whatever we think of him--has by now a team of serious investigators.

And, like sharks, they will smell blood in the water, from miles away.

• Like (+1) 1