Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some people would argue he was a better QB (higher completion %, more ypg) albeit a less effective rusher.  I’m not going to go there.

The point is, he returned to the NFL game after being suspended, tried, convicted and serving time in prison.

Hmm...

let’s see. 

he had a 20-20 record with zero playoff appearances after his return from dogfighting. 

id say that qualifies as ineffective. 

maybe that’s effective in your book. A judgement call I guess. 

• Dislike 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In the METOO climate we live in, if convicted I highly doubt the NFL would ever welcome him back. If they can blackball Kap for kneeling to the anthem then they’ll definitely blackball Watson from the NFL without a second thought. NFL is political and the worry about their reputation. The last thing they would want is the media chewing them a new ####### for letting a rapist back in the league

Kaepernick isn't being blackballed for kneeling. He's being blackballed because he's terrible at football.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Hmm...

let’s see. 

he had a 20-20 record with zero playoff appearances after his return from dogfighting. 

id say that qualifies as ineffective. 

maybe that’s effective in your book. A judgement call I guess. 

I was not a big Vick guy before or after the suspension but I think 2010 was his best season. 

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Kaepernick isn't being blackballed for kneeling. He's being blackballed because he's terrible at football.

It is both actually. If he was a true franchise level Quarterback his kneeling would have been overlooked. But he isn't. He was however less terrible at football than many of the guys around the league in backup jobs then and now. The issue is NFL teams have 1 pretty clear rule about backup QBs.... they must not be a distraction to the team. And Kap would be. That is why as of last season Blaine Gabbert was still in the league and Kap wasn't. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

19 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Vick should’ve been banned from the NFL for life. He’s a piece of ***** excuse for a human being. I don’t care what he did to to change himself, he will always be a dog killer and abuser. Another one of 

Goodell’s screw ups. I’ll never ever respect Vick after all he did

Killing and abusing dogs is horrible, no doubt.

If all this stuff is true though, when it comes to being a human being,

Mike Vick > Deshaun Watson.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is both actually. If he was a true franchise level Quarterback his kneeling would have been overlooked. But he isn't. He was however less terrible at football than many of the guys around the league in backup jobs then and now. The issue is NFL teams have 1 pretty clear rule about backup QBs.... they must not be a distraction to the team. And Kap would be. That is why as of last season Blaine Gabbert was still in the league and Kap wasn't. 

This. 

He wants to be a distraction and the juice ain't worth the squeeze. No way I'm fielding 5 questions about why my Backup QB did x y or z every press conference. 

• Agree 5

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Plenty have for various reasons, but I never hurt or tortured defenseless animals like Vick did. To me there’s never any forgiveness when it comes to sexual assault or hurting animals.

I dunno man.

I tend to value women more than dogs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

58 minutes ago, Rico said:

Killing and abusing dogs is horrible, no doubt.

If all this stuff is true though, when it comes to being a human being,

Mike Vick > Deshaun Watson.

I don’t know how you can call Vick a good human being. I really fail to see that picture, but to each his own. 

25 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I dunno man.

I tend to value women more than dogs. 

I tend to value all animals in general more than human beings, but that’s just me. 

• Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t know how you can call Vick a good human being. I really fail to see that picture, but to each his own. 

I tend to value all animals in general more than human beings, but that’s just me. 

I didn't say Vick was a good human being. I said that if all this stuff about Watson is true, then Watson is worse than Vick.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I was not a big Vick guy before or after the suspension but I think 2010 was his best season. 

Kaep wasn't significantly better than Gabbert and that is what started this whole thing in the first place.  Kaep wanted starter money.  If he took a team friendly deal like Winston and Trubisky he is probably Lamar's primary back up at this point.

Edited by Mat68

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Kaep wasn't significantly better than Gabbert and that is what started this whole thing in the first place.  Kaep wanted starter money.  If he took a team friendly deal like Winston and Trubisky he is probably Lamar's primary back up at this point.

It depends on your interpretation of significantly. But it was pretty clear seeing both on the field with the same supporting cast in 2016 that Kap was better. Agree that in the early years he was probably wanting too much money, but it is mainly about distraction from a position that needs to be not seen and not heard.

16 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Let’s face it. 

Vick wasn’t  an effective football player after the dog fighting charges and conviction. 

He was PB his first season as Eagles starter and they made the playoffs.  Had career highs for passing and rushing TDs in only 12 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Rico said:

I didn't say Vick was a good human being. I said that if all this stuff about Watson is true, then Watson is worse than Vick.

Disagree but I'm a dog person.  Betting on two dogs fighting to the death is pretty sick.  Hanging, electrocuting, and drowning dogs deemed not aggressive enough is pretty appalling.

I'm not downplaying him putting these women in extremely uncomfortable situations but there's been no accusations of rape to the best of my knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Disagree but I'm a dog person.  Betting on two dogs fighting to the death is pretty sick.  Hanging, electrocuting, and drowning dogs deemed not aggressive enough is pretty appalling.

I'm not downplaying him putting these women in extremely uncomfortable situations but there's been no accusations of rape to the best of my knowledge.

The forced BJ would be considered Rape in many circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

The forced BJ would be considered Rape in many circumstances.  

If true, as awful as that is at least they can live to talk about it and probably get compensated.  The dogs on the other hand........

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those are really disturbing to read. I can’t see how anyone can defend this type of behavior. Should be interesting to see who continues to defend him after reading that. Very disturbing. 

• Like (+1) 1