Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I saw a reply in a tweet that noted that all of these massage therapists are women which I mean maybe that doesn't mean anything but it certainly doesn't help.

I mean still it's not like he can be sued without them identifying themselves at some point, this feels like a weird thing for them to keep pointing out.

The weird part is the lawyer creepily celebrating that there is a criminal filing 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I said that about Michael Vick.  And yet....

That is an excellent point.

If any of the numerous allegations against Watson are true, maybe we will see who the NFL is more concerned about alienating: dog lovers or women. 

PS: For the record, I believe that it shouldn't come down to this. It would be pretty cool if right and wrong entered into the equation.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just force Watson to kneel during the anthem 🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Imagine if a team had traded 3 firsts+ for him before all this came out! 

21 hours ago, without a drought said:

Still not getting his happy ending.

The Texans aren't either.

What the hell is this? father and son accounts?

• Haha (+1) 4

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Just the fact that he has been to so many massage therapists is creepy. What's that, like at least 40? That's not normal. Usually you find one or two you like and schedule with them. Why on earth would you need to go to so many unless it was for some fetish?

And while not a crime, he met with many of them during the Covid pandemic when he was supposed to be limiting contact with people outside the organization 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

what if the Texans helped make sure that this got out?

by "The Texans" I would assume you mean, one or more people in a position of power with the Texans?

In that case, I believe an immediate SAR operation should be launched to find said person's last remaining neuron or neurons and return them safely to their skull.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

For a long time,  there has been a long list of specific penalties and corresponding fines suspensions.  The new CBA now has the initial penalty decided by a neutral arbitrator.  Goodell only handles appeals.

He’s not spinning the penalty wheel.  

Ah. You are correct.  I didn’t realize the new CBA changed the procedure.  There is now disciplinary officer, who is approved of by both the NFL and NFLPA, in charge of initial findings and penalties. Goodell has the ability to place a player on an exempt list where they don’t practice or play, but get paid. And he handles appeals, as you said.  Here is an article that explains this all wrt Watson if anyone else wants to read up on it. 

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Ah. You are correct.  I didn’t realize the new CBA changed the procedure.  There is now disciplinary officer, who is approved of by both the NFL and NFLPA, in charge of initial findings and penalties. Goodell has the ability to place a player on an exempt list where they don’t practice or play, but get paid. And he handles appeals, as you said.  Here is an article that explains this all wrt Watson if anyone else wants to read up on it. 

The new CBA is a huge difference from before.  The judge and jury is now the arbitrator.  There may be fewer appeals needed with this process.  But the article reiterates the existence of a fine/suspension schedule and the mandatory minimums.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Am I the only one who took this as, “Now that we know who she is, we can drag her name through the dirt”

Maybe.  But a fundamental in our legal process is that we all have the right to face our accusers.  And I get the media and their right to protect their sources.  But all of these unnamed and anonymous sources we've experienced lately are approaching, and perhaps have crossed, a sense of fairness.

I guess my thought is that this point was going to have to come.  I'm also glad we've got to this point and it is in no way because I want to see anyone dragged through the dirt.  I want the truth to prevail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Maybe.  But a fundamental in our legal process is that we all have the right to face our accusers.  And I get the media and their right to protect their sources.  But all of these unnamed and anonymous sources we've experienced lately are approaching, and perhaps have crossed, a sense of fairness.

I guess my thought is that this point was going to have to come.  I'm also glad we've got to this point and it is in no way because I want to see anyone dragged through the dirt.  I want the truth to prevail.

I completely agree about the need to face your accuser(s). It’s one of the invaluable benefits of our system of laws and justice. 

My comment is more along the lines of what was said, in the context of this case. Once they get a name, they’ll be able to aim a world class marketing machine at the individual to win in the court of public opinion. 

Think about all the people and companies who have invested in the Watson persona. All the endorsements, the agent, the NFL, the Texans, friends of Watson ( in and out of the locker room), Social Justice/Community Investment outreach programs he supports, etc. all have a vested interest in the Watson brand surviving this situation. 

And all they have to do it convince a certain percentage that the accuser is a less than stellar / upstanding / squeaky clean person. 

The gleeful tone of the tweet just made my skin crawl is all. And again, this is why women usually don’t step forward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vick should’ve been banned from the NFL for life. He’s a piece of ***** excuse for a human being. I don’t care what he did to to change himself, he will always be a dog killer and abuser. Another one of 

Goodell’s screw ups. I’ll never ever respect Vick after all he did

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Vick should’ve been banned from the NFL for life. He’s a piece of ***** excuse for a human being. I don’t care what he did to to change himself, he will always be a dog killer and abuser. Another one of 

Goodell’s screw ups. I’ll never ever respect Vick after all he did

Hope no one ever holds you to the same standard of no forgiveness. 

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Hope no one ever holds you to the same standard of no forgiveness. 

Plenty have for various reasons, but I never hurt or tortured defenseless animals like Vick did. To me there’s never any forgiveness when it comes to sexual assault or hurting animals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Let’s face it. 

Vick wasn’t  an effective football player after the dog fighting charges and conviction. 

Some people would argue he was a better QB (higher completion %, more ypg) albeit a less effective rusher.  I’m not going to go there.

The point is, he returned to the NFL game after being suspended, tried, convicted and serving time in prison.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some people would argue he was a better QB (higher completion %, more ypg) albeit a less effective rusher.  I’m not going to go there.

The point is, he returned to the NFL game after being suspended, tried, convicted and serving time in prison.

In the METOO climate we live in, if convicted I highly doubt the NFL would ever welcome him back. If they can blackball Kap for kneeling to the anthem then they’ll definitely blackball Watson from the NFL without a second thought. NFL is political and the worry about their reputation. The last thing they would want is the media chewing them a new ####### for letting a rapist back in the league

• Vomit 1