Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Going to be very interesting to see how this ends up.

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say the cases get settled (for large amounts of money) and the NFL dishes him a lengthy suspension due to inappropriate behaviour. 

But all it takes is 1 person wanting to go to court, so will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

But all these current plaintiffs are represented by the same lawyer, so the chances of one or two holding out to go to trial is very low.

another absolutely bizarre statement from Buzbee in there really exposing what a viper pit it is down there in Houston.

”No evidence is going to be provided to the police. Why? Too many political enemies on the police force.”

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

another absolutely bizarre statement from Buzbee in there really exposing what a viper pit it is down there in Houston.

”No evidence is going to be provided to the police. Why? Too many political enemies on the police force.”

This is a strange twist.  I can think of one reason for it: If he withholds the information from the police now, it gives the plaintiffs greater leverage in their negotiations with Watson’s team.  Once the cat’s out of the bag and it becomes a law enforcement matter, the civil case gets harder to settle.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Wait.  What?

Whose political enemies?  His?  Watsons?  The Clients?

Bizarre indeed

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Again.......you are putting yourself in the shoes of Watson.

Upwards of 40% of NFL players are evangelical christian...........and the majority of players are christians of one denomination or another.

Watson isn't an atheist like Aaron Rodgers.........he's a guy who has gotten a good deal of mileage out of being a man of faith.      

Faith In Action award winner.........baptized in the River Jordan........I'm thinking maybe you aren't the same guys. :lol:

For sure I am not the same guy. I don't get off on having random women massage my anus either. 

Still don't see what him wanting out of Houston and being a creep have to do with each other. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait.  What?

Whose political enemies?  His?  Watsons?  The Clients?

Bizarre indeed

He said hardin’s son works for the Houston PD

“Our team has been roundly criticized because these numerous brave women haven’t filed formal criminal complaints with HPD (although we have provided info to other organizations),” Buzbee said on Instagram. “Here is my worry. When I ran for Houston mayor against the CURRENT mayor, I called for the resignation of the former police chief. I was thus reluctant initially in these important cases to provide info to HPD, at least while Art Acevedo was the Police Chief — even though my brother-in-law is a long-term HPD officer. Mr. Acevedo has now left Houston for Miami. Yet, I’ve since learned that my legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD. I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson’s lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers — I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. Stand by.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Our team has been roundly criticized because these numerous brave women haven’t filed formal criminal complaints with HPD (although we have provided info to other organizations),” Buzbee said on Instagram. “Here is my worry. When I ran for Houston mayor against the CURRENT mayor, I called for the resignation of the former police chief. I was thus reluctant initially in these important cases to provide info to HPD, at least while Art Acevedo was the Police Chief — even though my brother-in-law is a long-term HPD officer. Mr. Acevedo has now left Houston for Miami. Yet, I’ve since learned that my legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD. I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson’s lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers — I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. Stand by.”

thanks for quoting all that yolo.

tl:dr - buzbee says “I’m not saying Watson’s lawyer and son are corrupt, but...”

21 hours ago, wppete said:

These conspiracy theorists are embarrassing.... this would be one grand conspiracy involving at 24 women/accusers and im

Sure more to come, a whole gang of lawyers, a NFL owner, a NFL manager and others. Also a Female SI reporter..... Criminal charges to follow most likely. Pretty insane how many people are making every excuse possible for Watson who surely looks like a predator to any logical thinking person. The precedence this is setting should be Interesting to see when the next NFL player is accused.... The only losers here are the 24 victims. 

And people wonder why most victims don’t say anything. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't work for someone who wants to run prayer sessions with me. Now call me a heathen if you wish, but I'd be out. 

Cool cool cool. Do you feel the same about the other side of the spectrum? Seems to be a lot more “woke” pushing than “religion” pushing these days. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DaggersEOD said:

Cool cool cool. Do you feel the same about the other side of the spectrum? Seems to be a lot more “woke” pushing than “religion” pushing these days. 

I don't push my atheism on anybody, no. If people start trying to talk religion to me I politely explain my stance and suggest we move on to other topics. 

I would say people seeking to push religion onto me happens rarely, most people of faith are normal, respectful individuals. One of my best friends is as devout a Christian as they come, I used to live with a practicing Muslim and I worked for a very religious Jewish lady earlier in my career. But when it has happened (and I'd say pre-covid it was 2 or 3 times a year on average) it is ordinarily pretty vociferous. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems to me that's exactly what he's implying though.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

But all these current plaintiffs are represented by the same lawyer, so the chances of one or two holding out to go to trial is very low.

Going to take a lot of money to settle 20+ grievances.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

oh, Ok then

Tough to prove a negative, but showing that Watson has utilized the services of ANOTHER 20 therapists doesn’t make his case sound better IMO. 

Such a strange defense strategy. 

Yeah those women said I did something to them, but these over here said I didn’t with them, therefore those others must be lying?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1