Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still don't get the link you are trying to make. He was right about Texans management. It sucks. The fact that Watson is a creep off the field doesn't change that.

I get what he is talking about. Some people on here, others on websites/social media platforms I would read, and even some bobble-heads in the National Media were saying that Watson wanted out partly because the organization was being run by "Jesus Freaks". They were trying to demonize them because of their beliefs and talking like some cult had been formed within the organization. This led to Easterby being called the puppeteering cult leader. 

To your point though, yes, as of right now that organization is a tire fire. Some of it is still on O'Brien, some of it is on who's there now, and some of it is on Watson himself. I don't know who really would genuinely want to be there right now. We'll see how it plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I get what he is talking about. Some people on here, others on websites/social media platforms I would read, and even some bobble-heads in the National Media were saying that Watson wanted out partly because the organization was being run by "Jesus Freaks". They were trying to demonize them because of their beliefs and talking like some cult had been formed within the organization. This led to Easterby being called the puppeteering cult leader. 

To your point though, yes, as of right now that organization is a tire fire. Some of it is still on O'Brien, some of it is on who's there now, and some of it is on Watson himself. I don't know who really would genuinely want to be there right now. We'll see how it plays out. 

I wouldn't work for someone who wants to run prayer sessions with me. Now call me a heathen if you wish, but I'd be out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't work for someone who wants to run prayer sessions with me. Now call me a heathen if you wish, but I'd be out. 

Yeah, you can't force your beliefs onto others. If anything that pushes them away. It reminds me of Cousins in Minnesota, how it caused a rift between him and some of the players. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, you can't force your beliefs onto others. If anything that pushes them away. It reminds me of Cousins in Minnesota, how it caused a rift between him and some of the players. 

Indeed. All my point is you can both believe that Watson was right that Houston is badly run by unqualified people and that he sounds like a predatory creep. There is nothing about those statements that is mutually exclusive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. All my point is you can both believe that Watson was right that Houston is badly run by unqualified people and that he sounds like a predatory creep. There is nothing about those statements that is mutually exclusive.

Agreed, but now you also gotta question the guys motives for demanding a trade.  I’m sure he’s known these lawsuits were coming.  Did he think he could run away from his legal troubles to a new town?  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed, but now you also gotta question the guys motives for demanding a trade.  I’m sure he’s known these lawsuits were coming.  Did he think he could run away from his legal troubles to a new town?  

I mean I suppose it is possible, but these lawsuits are not all from Houston.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At best he looks like a control-driven narcissist who gets off on humiliating and disrespecting women. Not a crime if he’s not found guilty of breaking the law ...maybe he will face punishment from the league, maybe not. Maybe he thinks he’s above that and will continue to say he did nothing wrong because that’s what he truly believes. Maybe teams don’t care because they want to win above all else. The beat goes on.

Agreed. Not to go all feminist theory on folks, but really - a guy like Watson would have tons of opportunities to engage his, umm, sexual desires in a completely consensual manner, and the fact that he allegedly has settled on this pattern instead - setting up massages with legit female massage therapists, then trying to get them to do what illegitimate massage therapists do - is just creepy at best, criminal at worst. As everyone says, we'll see how it plays out. But I just can't see any team wanting to take on this baggage unless/until he's somehow cleared.

• Like (+1) 1

I get that it is natural to go down various paths of thought, but may I suggest we all let this play out and see what the facts are? 

I would want out of the Houston dumpster fire on a purely football basis. Beyond that, I’ll try to hold off on any conjecture. I totally get what it looks like, but I’ll just wait. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm starting to think there might be something to these wonderlic tests after all...

https://www.al.com/sports/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_deshaun_watsons.html

"Of course, scores on the Wonderlic score don't automatically translate to success - or failure - on the NFL level. Pro Bowl running back Frank Gore scored a 6 on his test before he was drafted."

Damn.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. Not to go all feminist theory on folks, but really - a guy like Watson would have tons of opportunities to engage his, umm, sexual desires in a completely consensual manner, and the fact that he allegedly has settled on this pattern instead - setting up massages with legit female massage therapists, then trying to get them to do what illegitimate massage therapists do - is just creepy at best, criminal at worst. As everyone says, we'll see how it plays out. But I just can't see any team wanting to take on this baggage unless/until he's somehow cleared.

This is the type of individual who ends up on the sex offender registry.  No team in their right mind is trading for this guy and making him the face of their franchise.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I'm honestly not sure he's known that.

It seems plausible to me that Watson may sincerely believe he respects women and that what he did was nothing wrong, just a harmless kink or thrill.  He undoubtedly knew he was making the women uncomfortable (and that may have been the point) but he also may feel he stopped short of a boundry anyone would care about from a legal standpoint.  The outliers to that would be the allegations of forced oral sex.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm honestly not sure he's known that.

It seems plausible to me that Watson may sincerely believe he respects women and that what he did was nothing wrong, just a harmless kink or thrill.  He undoubtedly knew he was making the women uncomfortable (and that may have been the point) but he also may feel he stopped short of a boundry anyone would care about from a legal standpoint.  The outliers to that would be the allegations of forced oral sex.

This.

Denial can be a potent agent of self-deception, which may have served to blind Watson to the realities of how wrong and inappropriate his actions were.

Edited by Logic

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Robert Kraft might take him

Going to be very interesting to see how this ends up.

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say the cases get settled (for large amounts of money) and the NFL dishes him a lengthy suspension due to inappropriate behaviour. 

But all it takes is 1 person wanting to go to court, so will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Again.......you are putting yourself in the shoes of Watson.

Upwards of 40% of NFL players are evangelical christian...........and the majority of players are christians of one denomination or another.

Watson isn't an atheist like Aaron Rodgers.........he's a guy who has gotten a good deal of mileage out of being a man of faith.      

Faith In Action award winner.........baptized in the River Jordan........I'm thinking maybe you aren't the same guys. :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Again.......you are putting yourself in the shoes of Watson.

Upwards of 40% of NFL players are evangelical christian...........and the majority of players are christians of one denomination or another.

Watson isn't an atheist like Aaron Rodgers.........he's a guy who has gotten a good deal of mileage out of being a man of faith.      

Faith In Action award winner.........baptized in the River Jordan........I'm thinking maybe you aren't the same guys. :lol:

Amen.

• Haha (+1) 1