Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

20 hours ago, H2o said:

Yes, but I think it's just the precursor to the league suspension in this instance. 

Yeah I see it as, “we are still gathering info still to determine whether to suspend but there is no way we can have this guy on the field representing the Shield given current circumstances”

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Exactly - I'm leaning toward Watson being guilty and almost everyone else here already has him guilty with no criminal charges filed. I put a theory out there as far-fetched as it may be and if I'm way off, so what ? Wouldn't be the 1st time someone in a position of power tried to ruin someone. 

But until there's evidence that Watson is guilty other than words, I will wait until it plays out. 

Roy, thx for wisdom.  You maybe right, or it could be a coordinated payday.  How does any of us know?  I just think in these situations sit back,

wait and the truth you hope will come out.  I don’t want to disparage him or the women.  Either wrong result is not good.  

more times than not the truth comes out.  Even if it is an NDA three years from now we figure it out.  If there was criminality, the police is going to be all over it with this press.  No one wants to think the press matters and everyone is equal, but now they have more pressure to make a call than most.  Whoever is wrong I hope they feel those consequences.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not been charged and no one has pressed charges, so that doesn't matter for this discussion.  He's being sued.

But go ahead and answer my question:  how did this lawyer and the team owner plant all those texts (that he is now furiously deleting) on his cell phone.  They would had to have for your conspiracy to be at all plausible.  How did they do it?

Considering Weo I’m an avid Chicago PD fan, nothing is truly deleted.  I’m just kidding bud.  If Watson did stuff like that, they’ll find it.  The techs on the board can enlighten.

Some punishment will be handed down to DeSean, and he will probably be moved next off season. A settlement will be given to the complainants. Having said that, the Dolphins are the logical destination because they have mega draft capital and by the end of this season they can move on from Tua. If this happens, Miami will be a pain to deal with. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If criminal charges follow his career is over. If this remains purely a civil matter he is looking at a 1 year suspension by the NFL I would think. The interesting thing is would the NFL suspend him for a season he was actively considering sitting out in any event? I suspect they would not and so you do then get into a potential 2 year disruption of his career.

Another lesson for people who rallied behind Watson under the premise that this "poor guy" shouldn't have to play for "Jesus Freaks".

You don't know these guys.

Stick to what you ACTUALLY know about them..........which in Watson's case was that he signed a huge contract that nobody forced him to.......knowing that the organization was under intense criticism for their decisions.......and 5 months later was demanding he be traded.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not been charged and no one has pressed charges, so that doesn't matter for this discussion.  He's being sued.

But go ahead and answer my question:  how did this lawyer and the team owner plant all those texts (that he is now furiously deleting) on his cell phone.  They would had to have for your conspiracy to be at all plausible.  How did they do it?

I saw something just like this happen on a TV show once. It can be done.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Another lesson for people who rallied behind Watson under the premise that this "poor guy" shouldn't have to play for "Jesus Freaks".

Stick to what you ACTUALLY know about them..........which in Watson's case was that he signed a huge contract that nobody forced him to.......knowing that the organization was under intense criticism for their decisions.......and 5 months later was demanding he be traded.

I am not at all sure how the two are linked. And Easterby is a Jesus Freak.

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Poor Deshaun. :(

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Roy, thx for wisdom.  You maybe right, or it could be a coordinated payday.  How does any of us know?  I just think in these situations sit back,

wait and the truth you hope will come out.  I don’t want to disparage him or the women.  Either wrong result is not good.  

more times than not the truth comes out.  Even if it is an NDA three years from now we figure it out.  If there was criminality, the police is going to be all over it with this press.  No one wants to think the press matters and everyone is equal, but now they have more pressure to make a call than most.  Whoever is wrong I hope they feel those consequences.

Considering Weo I’m an avid Chicago PD fan, nothing is truly deleted.  I’m just kidding bud.  If Watson did stuff like that, they’ll find it.  The techs on the board can enlighten.

He can't erase the messages on the women's phones.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since in the cases which have come to light, Watson specified that he was looking for a "massage for relaxation, not a sports massage", asking for licensed sports massage therapists would not produce the relevant names.

But let's just look at the bigger issue here.  You're proposing a conspiracy that hasn't come unglued.  That relies on all the moving parts of the conspiracy to keep silent.  Now you're proposing that in order to start the conspiracy off, whoever it is you think is conspiring against Watson - who is it, anyway?  McNair?  Easterby?  Caserio?  Someone in McNair's pay who doesn't work for the Texans? - left a trail by going around to Texans staff and players asking "who do you use to give you massages?".  Now, somehow, none of these teammates and coaches and staff, have "connected the dots" and come forward to say "McNair's personal assistant contacted me 6 weeks ago to ask for names and contact info of all the "personal relaxation massage therapists" we use.  Now Watson is being sued by a bevy of personal relaxation massage therapists.  Hell of a coincidence, isn't it?" 

You just multiplied the number of people who must keep silent to support the conspiracy by a large factor - 5 or 10x, making a united front of silence even more improbable.

Read Hapless post right here.  Talking to 70 other people for names, raises the probability that one of those 70 will speak out and then the rest will follow and say "yeah, he ask me that same question" and start the smoke that would point back to the conspiracy fire.

Now I'm outta here too.

Not only that but for this to have worked they after somehow getting those names would have had to of contacted them and convinced them to hop aboard this conspiracy with none of them disagreeing and outing it.

Not to support a conspiracy but it'd be far more likely that for the FO/Ownership to be involved in this somehow that they were aware of the situation all along and simply chose to to act on it now. Even then they'd gain nothing from it and actively hurt themselves by doing it all for some form of petty revenge.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

These conspiracy theorists are embarrassing.... this would be one grand conspiracy involving at 24 women/accusers and im

Sure more to come, a whole gang of lawyers, a NFL owner, a NFL manager and others. Also a Female SI reporter..... Criminal charges to follow most likely. Pretty insane how many people are making every excuse possible for Watson who surely looks like a predator to any logical thinking person. The precedence this is setting should be Interesting to see when the next NFL player is accused.... The only losers here are the 24 victims. 

At best he looks like a control-driven narcissist who gets off on humiliating and disrespecting women. Not a crime if he’s not found guilty of breaking the law ...maybe he will face punishment from the league, maybe not. Maybe he thinks he’s above that and will continue to say he did nothing wrong because that’s what he truly believes. Maybe teams don’t care because they want to win above all else. The beat goes on.

Edited by YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on. 

I just don't see how the two are linked. How is his professional dispute with the Texans about their management structure related to the disturbing behaviour he is accused of in his personal life? 

I don't see why revelations about his seemingly unacceptable and predatory behaviour in his personal life mean people were wrong to think he was on the right side of the argument with the Texans. It was an odd thing to bring up in this context.

Anyone defending Watson or claiming conspiracy will likely at some point be proven to be on the wrong end of this argument, but it doesn't mean anyone who thought his criticism of the Texans management structure was off base too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

53 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Given his wealth and fame, going to so many different masseuses to attain a happy ending is bizarre, for one so privileged.....not named R.K.

Just seems like he gets off on the thrill of finding new masseuses and seeing how far he can get them to go. The one accusation of forced oral is going to be a major issue if proven. Creepy as hell. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just seems like he gets off on the thrill of finding new masseuses and seeing how far he can get them to go. The one accusation of forced oral is going to be a major issue if proven. Creepy as hell. 

Yea, reading the papers my guess is that it wouldn't work for his particular deviance or kink for it be the same masseuse over and over. His 'thrill' is seeing the uncomfortable reaction to his exposure and arousal. Once they are expecting it part of his thrill is gone. Extremely troubling pattern of behaviour.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I just don't see how the two are linked. How is his professional dispute with the Texans about their management structure related to the disturbing behaviour he is accused of in his personal life? 

I don't see why revelations about his seemingly unacceptable and predatory behaviour in his personal life mean people were wrong to think he was on the right side of the argument with the Texans. It was an odd thing to bring up in this context.

Anyone defending Watson or claiming conspiracy will likely at some point be proven to be on the wrong end of this argument, but it doesn't mean anyone who thought his criticism of the Texans management structure was off base too. 

"It was an odd thing to bring up in this context".........GMAFB GB.:lol:

When it came out that Watson was demanding a trade people,  like yourself,  RUSHED to defend him with the logic that the Texans management were lesser quality human beings ("Jesus Freaks!") than him.    

He deserved to work with better people.

My opinion was stand by what you actually know about the situation.    

You really knew nothing about either side personally...........but you filled in A LOT of blanks to contrive an argument for one side.

It's a common mistake.......you will probably insist otherwise because you are stubborn.........but I suspect next time you might be more inclined to realize that you don't know what you don't know rather than just auto-filling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When it came out that Watson was demanding a trade people,  like yourself,  RUSHED to defend him with the logic that the Texans management were lesser quality human beings ("Jesus Freaks!") than him.    

You really knew nothing about either side personally...........but you filled in A LOT of blanks to contrive an argument for one side.

It's a common mistake.......you will probably insist otherwise because you are stubborn.........but I suspect next time you might be more inclined to realize that you don't know what you don't know rather than just auto-filling.

Pot....meet....Kettle

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I still don't get the link you are trying to make. He was right about Texans management. It sucks. The fact that Watson is a creep off the field doesn't change that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2