Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, this is

-from a woman who was contacted by SI (she didn't contact them) BEFORE learning she had worked with Watson

-she is NOT part of Buzbee's suit and in fact, when she contacted him after his request to talk to massage therapists who had worked with Watson, she declined to sign up with him
-to me, it's notable that Watson reached out to her through her own business page (vs the business that referred him initially) and when she made it clear she would only work with him if he covered with a sheet and behaved "professionally", that ended his interest in booking.

Yeah, if I had a story like that or a family member had a story like that and I'd just kind of let it go and moved on from it,  I'd be pissed off to have the person involved be denying everything, and that would motivate me to come forward or urge them to come forward.

The best I can say is 1) gross 2) damned weird way of defining "never treated a woman with anything but the utmost respect" by Watson.  Bet that's not what he'd think if that was a female relative of his, or his girlfriend.

I'm a big innocent until proven guilty type person. I get we live in a very litigious society and some are looking for handouts, but the evidence, especially this piece, is quite damning.

This is psychopathic and he has a serious problem. 

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm a big innocent until proven guilty type person. I get we live in a very litigious society and some are looking for handouts, but te evidence, especially this piece, is quite damning.

Completely agree. It is amazing to see people still defending him after these allegations and the sheer number of women having a similar experience. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, colin said:

the goofiest thing is watson could have just paid for these scenarios to happen.  he could get some kind of wrangler to set it up so it seemed legit or whatever his particular paraphilia is, and not hurt these women nor mess up his once shining future.  what a sick freak.

He obviously thinks he's better than that...

• Agree 1

I see lots of accusations but have the police stated they have received any info? When the cops officially say they have materials to look through I will be more inclined to believe the women. Though I will state at this point it will not take much for me to believe them, especially if more than one can show him apologizing about what happened through IG.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm a big innocent until proven guilty type person. I get we live in a very litigious society and some are looking for handouts, but te evidence, especially this piece, is quite damning.

Even with the number of women that have come forward, there are some who believe that the Texans are orchestrating this whole thing with Buzbee as retribution for Watson's threat to sit out. Rumor also is that Buzbee is a close pal of Cal McNair and they live practically next door to each other. Whole thing mirrors the Daniel Holtzclaw crimes and I would expect criminal charges to be filed soon. 

If this stuff is true his ass should be exiled from the league 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Even with the number of women that have come forward, there are some who believe that the Texans are orchestrating this whole thing with Buzbee as retribution for Watson's threat to sit out. Rumor also is that Buzbee is a close pal of Cal McNair and they live practically next door to each other. Whole thing mirrors the Daniel Holtzclaw crimes and I would expect criminal charges to be filed soon. 

That seems far fetched 

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Maybe so, but I'd bet the McNairs have a lot of legal and political influence in Houston.

What’s your theory?  That the McNairs paid off 20 or so otherwise law-abiding women to engage in a criminal conspiracy to extort Deshaun Watson, even knowing he’s rich and will be able to defend himself with the best lawyers in the country?   And the motive would be to devalue their franchise’s prime asset...Makes perfect sense.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, this is

-from a woman who was contacted by SI (she didn't contact them) BEFORE learning she had worked with Watson

-she is NOT part of Buzbee's suit and in fact, when she contacted him after his request to talk to massage therapists who had worked with Watson, she declined to sign up with him
-to me, it's notable that Watson reached out to her through her own business page (vs the business that referred him initially) and when she made it clear she would only work with him if he covered with a sheet and behaved "professionally", that ended his interest in booking.

Yeah, if I had a story like that or a family member had a story like that and I'd just kind of let it go and moved on from it,  I'd be pissed off to have the person involved be denying everything, and that would motivate me to come forward or urge them to come forward.

The best I can say is 1) gross 2) damned weird way of defining "never treated a woman with anything but the utmost respect" by Watson.  Bet that's not what he'd think if that was a female relative of his, or his girlfriend.

Absolutely spot on if the allegations are accurate.

The thing about an article like this—the author mentions the part about the family member who corroborates the facts as related by Mary immediately after the interaction, but no mention of a follow up to the referring massage therapist?   

This strikes me as a bit odd given the nature of the story.  There’s no obligatory “we reached out to the other massage therapist but did not hear back..” or “they declined to speak with us.”. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

What’s your theory?  That the McNairs paid off 20 or so otherwise law-abiding women to engage in a criminal conspiracy to extort Deshaun Watson, even knowing he’s rich and will be able to defend himself with the best lawyers in the country?   And the motive would be to devalue their franchise’s prime asset...Makes perfect sense.

Don't really have a theory but I'm sure Watson's $156 mil contract would be voided if the McNair's lawyers could prove any misconduct legally and no other team would even sign Watson essentially ending his football career. The timing is certainly suspicious given Watson's stance of not ever playing for the Texans again. 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Don't really have a theory but I'm sure Watson's $156 mil contract would be voided if the McNair's lawyers could prove any misconduct legally and no other team would even sign Watson essentially ending his football career. The timing is certainly suspicious given Watson's stance of not ever playing for the Texans again. 

And how is that a better outcome for the McNairs and the Texans than trading Watson to the NY Jets (or some other team) for 3 or 4 first round draft picks, which would also solve the problem of the $156 million contract?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

So what are the odds of him playing football THIS YEAR??

Who knows, but I’m told teams in the AFC East are eager to trade for him nonetheless.  They are playing the long game...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

And how is that a better outcome for the McNairs and the Texans than trading Watson to the NY Jets (or some other team) for 3 or 4 first round draft picks, which would also solve the problem of the $156 million contract?  

To you, it might not be but maybe the McNairs are vindictive SOBs who basically are taking the position "don't f*k with us". You don't want to play with us so you'll end up playing nowhere. Or maybe there's more to the story we haven't heard yet. Or maybe yet, he's actually guilty of the accusations and the timing is coincidental. 

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

To you, it might not be but maybe the McNairs are vindictive SOBs who basically are taking the position "don't f*k with us". You don't want to play with us so you'll end up playing nowhere. Or maybe there's more to the story we haven't heard yet. Or maybe yet, he's actually guilty of the accusations and the timing is coincidental. 

Do you realize how little sense you're making right now? 

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Do you realize how little sense you're making right now? 

Either the claims in the lawsuits are true or not. If they're not, someone paid these ladies to manufacture the claims against Watson. Let's assume the claims are false. Who would've paid the women to make them up, contact Buzbee, and get the lawsuits filed ? 

Edited by Roy Hobbs