Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

Here's another article that claims Watson was already trying to settle these cases, deleting DM's, and whatnot. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31158486/lawsuit-accuses-deshaun-watson-deleting-instagram-messages-contacting-accusers-attempt-settle-cases

Three new lawsuits accusing Deshaun Watson of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct were filed Sunday night, including one that claims the Houston Texans quarterback is deleting Instagram messages and contacting the women "who formally provided him massages, in an attempt to settle" those cases.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

Here's another article that claims Watson was already trying to settle these cases, deleting DM's, and whatnot. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31158486/lawsuit-accuses-deshaun-watson-deleting-instagram-messages-contacting-accusers-attempt-settle-cases

Very interesting article.... I think the people that blindly defended him in the beginning  are turning on him with more and more details coming out. Sounds like a serial predator. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Very interesting article.... I think the people that blindly defended him in the beginning  are turning on him with more and more details coming out. Sounds like a serial predator. 

Yeah, it's not looking good at the moment. If the women aren't settling, and in it for just the money, then this whole situation begins to look a lot different as well imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

All he needs is a trade to the AFC East—problem solved!

• Vomit 1

On 3/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep, settle it........tell everyone you have a mental disorder that traces back to only being able to get network television channels with trashy talk shows as a kid.   

Then announce that he is receiving spiritual counseling from that reformed tv preacher that was screwing the hockey player back in the 80's..........fans love a comeback story.

image.thumb.jpeg.e293a179c377e824c5b54941354457ae.jpegErnest Angley! 

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/deshaun-watson-three-new-cases-allege-harassment-assault?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm now he’s trying to delete all his text messages that he sent lol. This guy is turning out to be more of a scum bag than he already is

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What a crazy turn for Watson. He was on his way to becoming a poster boy for the NFL. Now, I'm not sure he suits up this season

I agree, even if he does play this season, I guarantee he plays distracted the whole season. No way would all this not be on his mind IF he does suit up

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What a crazy turn for Watson. He was on his way to becoming a poster boy for the NFL. Now, I'm not sure he suits up this season

I'm not sure if he suits up ever again after this. If he does I think it may be two or three years down the line. At some point in the next month or two Goodell will put him on the exempt list, prior to TC. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm not sure if he suits up ever again after this. If he does I think it may be two or three years down the line. At some point in the next month or two Goodell will put him on the exempt list, prior to TC. 

This.

we got a long ways until next season and I can only see more women and evidence coming forward. 

It is not looking good for him

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Commissioner's Exempt List" kinda like the "Screw the Team that's got the player under contract" list ie, that player still gets paid and still counts against the cap?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Commissioner's Exempt List" kinda like the "Screw the Team that's got the player under contract" list ie, that player still gets paid and still counts against the cap?

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/deandre-baker-could-be-headed-for-commissioners-exempt-list/

Evidently you're right. I didn't think players were getting paid while on the list, but I guess they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, but I think it's just the precursor to the league suspension in this instance. 

the goofiest thing is watson could have just paid for these scenarios to happen.  he could get some kind of wrangler to set it up so it seemed legit or whatever his particular paraphilia is, and not hurt these women nor mess up his once shining future.  what a sick freak.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think he will. Like you said, 2 or 3 yrs... maybe less, however long it takes to clear up. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

OK, this is

-from a woman who was contacted by SI (she didn't contact them) BEFORE learning she had worked with Watson

-she is NOT part of Buzbee's suit and in fact, when she contacted him after his request to talk to massage therapists who had worked with Watson, she declined to sign up with him
-to me, it's notable that Watson reached out to her through her own business page (vs the business that referred him initially) and when she made it clear she would only work with him if he covered with a sheet and behaved "professionally", that ended his interest in booking.

She told SI she is sharing a public testimony, her account of Watson’s behavior, with the hope of preventing this from happening to any other professionals in her industry. In an effort to corroborate Mary’s account, SI reviewed text and social media messages, and interviewed a family member Mary spoke to in the immediate aftermath of the session—that family member’s account was consistent with Mary’s.

Moreover, Watson’s blanket denial of ever treating women with disrespect helped spur Mary to speak up and lend her voice as a witness.

“More than anything, the fact that he’s denying all the allegations makes it more of a reason for us to use our voice and say what we have to say,” she says.

Yeah, if I had a story like that or a family member had a story like that and I'd just kind of let it go and moved on from it,  I'd be pissed off to have the person involved be denying everything, and that would motivate me to come forward or urge them to come forward.

The best I can say is 1) gross 2) damned weird way of defining "never treated a woman with anything but the utmost respect" by Watson.  Bet that's not what he'd think if that was a female relative of his, or his girlfriend.