Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

interesting that he doesn’t deny Watson had sex with the women. Only that he didn’t force them to have sex.

There’s clearly cell phone and social media evidence he set up massage appointments with all the accusers.  And because of the similarity and sheer number of the accusers his only defense is to say these were consensual encounters.  That defense might spare him criminal charges but hard to see him not paying each of these women millions of dollars.  

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I love it when TBD's finest legal minds come together.  I've been reading this thread with this playing on loop.

*walking away from crime scene with dead masseuse covered by white sheet*

“I guess there was no happy ending here.”

image.png.83eecda2cf80e17b8961b1c37bfb695a.png

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

A lawsuit calls Deshaun Watson a 'serial predator.' 16 lawsuits against him now allege sexual assault

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/deshaun-watson-sexual-assault-lawsuits-spt/index.html

I know that people are innocent until proven guilty. I know there is due process. I try not to jump the gun in rushing to judgements in situations like these. The more allegations come out and the more lawsuits you see though, as well as the statements around them, it's hard to think that this will end well for Deshaun. The more this keeps piling up, the more this could be a career ending scenario. I know some people will laugh at that thought, but when have you EVER seen someone have so many accusers like this where it happens to be an "all's well that ends well" type of scenario? I think the threat of criminal charges are now a real possibility and this could be extremely life altering for Deshaun in his personal as well as professional life. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

At end of day going to result in a 10 game suspension that will get reduced to 6 on appeal sometime in 2022. 

Let’s go NFL just fast forward to you response already so we can stop hearing about it. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

At end of day going to result in a 10 game suspension that will get reduced to 6 on appeal sometime in 2022. 

Let’s go NFL just fast forward to you response already so we can stop hearing about it. 

You forgot the part where the Bills are scheduled to play him the week he is reinstated. 

• Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I love it when TBD's finest legal minds come together.  I've been reading this thread with this playing on loop.

I mean with how that show works with ripped from the headlines episodes we'll probably get this episode at some point.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This seems weak sauce to me.  Since these are all apparently women Watson hired to provide massage services, shouldn't his lawyer already have names and the dates/locations?  How does the lawyer intend to "fully investigate their claims" that information from his client wouldn't enable?

I mean I don't see how they don't get those names at some point, feels like that would be required for any sort of lawsuit to move forward.

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Bottom line is no team is dropping two #1s to get this guy 

I just can’t see any team trading anything for him right now until the details come out. These are billion dollar businesses and no business wants the main guy representing them with these types of accusations and this number of accusers. Not looking good for him playing football next year or in the near future... Time will tell. Innocent until proven guilty. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I just can’t see any team trading anything for him right now until the details come out. These are billion dollar businesses and no business wants the main guy representing them with these types of accusations and this number of accusers. Not looking good for him playing football next year or in the near future... Time will tell. Innocent until proven guilty. 

There are teams right now attempt to lowball the Texans with miniscule offers to "take Watson off their hands".

I think you underestimate the power of a top level quarterback over feeble minds.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

There are teams right now attempt to lowball the Texans with miniscule offers to "take Watson off their hands".

I think you underestimate the power of a top level quarterback over feeble minds.

Very true, good point. But if the details start to come out as they are expected to be whichever  team decides to trade for him will deal with the outrage that is coming.... Time will tell, these are very serious allegations by An unbelievable amount of women.... For me everyone should be innocent until

proven guilty... My “gut” Tells me this is guy is guilty....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I know that people are innocent until proven guilty. I know there is due process. I try not to jump the gun in rushing to judgements in situations like these. The more allegations come out and the more lawsuits you see though, as well as the statements around them, it's hard to think that this will end well for Deshaun. The more this keeps piling up, the more this could be a career ending scenario. I know some people will laugh at that thought, but when have you EVER seen someone have so many accusers like this where it happens to be an "all's well that ends well" type of scenario? I think the threat of criminal charges are now a real possibility and this could be extremely life altering for Deshaun in his personal as well as professional life. 

Big Ben laughs at your (correct) logic.

Edited by NobesBLO13

The ironic thing about all this is that in the beginning, when Watson wanted to leave the Texans, he used the excuse of “social justice” as the reason...and now social justice may be coming down on him...but, I guess, whatever keeps him out of the division...😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For both legal teams, it's all about controlling the narrative. It looks like Watson slept around and put himself in a bad situation. This seems like the type of thing the general population quickly forgets, though.

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Very true, good point. But if the details start to come out as they are expected to be whichever  team decides to trade for him will deal with the outrage that is coming.... Time will tell, these are very serious allegations by An unbelievable amount of women.... For me everyone should be innocent until

proven guilty... My “gut” Tells me this is guy is guilty....

Short-lived outrage by the general public, I imagine. And the typical NFL fan probably won't care that he's still playing.

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The ironic thing about all this is that in the beginning, when Watson wanted to leave the Texans, he used the excuse of “social justice” as the reason...and now social justice may be coming down on him...but, I guess, whatever keeps him out of the division...😉

At this point I bet he just keeps his mouth shut and plays football.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s really getting out of hand now. This guy really has to be a serial predator... insanity. 20 cases now and up to 24 accusers. Shocked how anyone can blindly defend this guy after 24 accusers... 

Tony Buzbee claims four more cases have been filed against Deshaun Watson

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26/tony-buzbee-claims-four-more-cases-have-been-filed-against-deshaun-watson/

Edited by wppete
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s really getting out of hand now. This guy really has to be a serial predator... insanity. 20 cases now and up to 24 accusers. Shocked how anyone can blindly defend this guy after 24 accusers... 

Tony Buzbee claims four more cases have been filed against Deshaun Watson

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26/tony-buzbee-claims-four-more-cases-have-been-filed-against-deshaun-watson/

Dolphins stocking up on 2024 draft picks for when he’s out of the clink 

• Haha (+1) 4

On 3/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, H2o said:

Florio thinks Watson should settle all of these cases now. I have to agree with him for once. The number of accusers makes this clearly seem like a pattern and not a joint effort at a money-grab. Watson could very well end up facing criminal charges and incarceration. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-needs-to-settle-these-cases-now/

Yep, settle it........tell everyone you have a mental disorder that traces back to only being able to get network television channels with trashy talk shows as a kid.   

Then announce that he is receiving spiritual counseling from that reformed tv preacher that was screwing the hockey player back in the 80's..........fans love a comeback story.

• Haha (+1) 3