Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean you can assert whatever you like in your statement of claim, but you might be asked to evidence that statement at some point and I agree given that these are at the moment separate lawsuits it is hard to see how you would support that unless the woman involved was subject of or witness to multiple incidents. 

Yeah. I dunno. It’s all a shitshow for sure.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Well at least we won't have to worry about him ending up on the Dolphins.

My uncle doesn't know his neighbors but knows what they do (Rich Doctor). Meanwhile my old block where my parents still live they know everyone(Middle Class).

I live on a street with doctors and scientists driving $120k sports cars. Trust me that’s not the same community as people who own sports teams. Those communities are mega rich. Trust me they know each other. They all have yacht clubs and helicopters. 

10 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I live on a street with doctors and scientists driving $120k sports cars. Trust me that’s not the same community as people who own sports teams. Those communities are mega rich. Trust me they know each other. They all have yacht clubs and helicopters. 

Maybe you just got on a special street b.c like I said it's not really like that. Not like that matters anyway since this is up to how many women now?

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Sorry but that makes zero sense to me.  I don't understand how a person wouldn't first go to the police in a sexual assault situation.  Like I understand the victims hesitation to do anything based on fear or other factors, but if the person has the courage to come forward, the police should be contacted right away instead of the media or a lawyer.  

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police. At that point they don’t know it’s not isolated to them and would be accusing a huge superstar on their own. Now, they may feel comfort and strength in numbers, bouyed by legal representation.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police. At that point they don’t know it’s not isolated to them and would be accusing a huge superstar on their own. Now, they may feel comfort and strength in numbers, bouyed by legal representation.  

Biggest red flag for me though in this specific case is this:  Lawyer's first statement insisted this "wasn't about money" but that was only AFTER he first offered Watson a 6 figure cash settlement that he turned down.  

Its clearly 100% about money and not justice from the get go if you are going to allow the accused to just settle with a financial settlement and not even file the civil suits.  So thats not a good look for the accusing lawyer IMO.  

And this lawyer forcing this issue into the court of public opinion on social media is another red flag.  

So while I agree with your point above about why some women will be intimidated to come out against a celebrity, there is a lot to be suspicious of in this exact case.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Biggest red flag for me though in this specific case is this:  Lawyer's first statement insisted this "wasn't about money" but that was only AFTER he first offered Watson a 6 figure cash settlement that he turned down.  

Its clearly 100% about money and not justice from the get go if you are going to allow the accused to just settle with a financial settlement and not even file the civil suits.  So thats not a good look for the accusing lawyer IMO.  

And this lawyer forcing this issue into the court of public opinion on social media is another red flag.  

So while I agree with your point above about why some women will be intimidated to come out against a celebrity, there is a lot to be suspicious of in this exact case.  

How do you a lawyer is lying? 

they are speaking. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I still remain skeptical of all these accusations more based on the fact that the lawyer filing these suits to me has a bunch of red flags and seems to be on a mission focused on his personal fame and also money.

I will say this though...I have seen a lot of people say that Watson is innocent because he has been such a good person image wise on and off the field.  

Yet...squeeky clean image guys like Peyton Manning are sex addicts with all kinds of regular sexual transgressions outside their marriage.  Peyton even has apartments set up in different places for his side girls and stuff.  

Just like how Tiger Woods had a squeaky clean image too until all his sexual transgressions came to light. 

Bill Cosby in the publics eye was a saint until he wasn't.  

So while it definitely seems out of character for Watson, thats definitely not a reason to just assume he is innocent either.  I am still waiting to form an opinion on his guilt or innocent until I see more evidence from the accusers.  The first batch of text messages were an absolute joke and in no way proved any wrong doing by Watson.  

• Shocked 2

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still remain skeptical of all these accusations more based on the fact that the lawyer filing these suits to me has a bunch of red flags and seems to be on a mission focused on his personal fame and also money.

I will say this though...I have seen a lot of people say that Watson is innocent because he has been such a good person image wise on and off the field.  

Yet...squeeky clean image guys like Peyton Manning are sex addicts with all kinds of regular sexual transgressions outside their marriage.  Peyton even has apartments set up in different places for his side girls and stuff.  

Just like how Tiger Woods had a squeaky clean image too until all his sexual transgressions came to light. 

So while it definitely seems out of character for Watson, thats definitely not a reason to just assume he is innocent either.  I am still waiting to form an opinion on his guilt or innocent until I see more evidence from the accusers.  The first batch of text messages were an absolute joke and in no way proved any wrong doing by Watson.  

Holy *****, is that Peyton stuff for real? I apparently missed that one. Exactly why you can't judge a book by it's cover. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The carefully curated public personas of celebrities is hardly any indication of their true character.  Thinking we know these people from their press conferences and charity work is the big set up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Holy *****, is that Peyton stuff for real? I apparently missed that one. Exactly why you can't judge a book by it's cover. 

Yeah, I have friends who work at NFLN, NFL, etc and its not exactly a secret, yet its never really come out either because its never been forced out via an incident.  Its also believed his wife is fully aware and they have an open relationship.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I have friends who work at NFLN, NFL, etc and its not exactly a secret, yet its never really come out either because its never been forced out via an incident.  Its also believed his wife is fully aware and they have an open relationship.  

Also Peyton will kill a snitch.

• Haha (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Getting out in front of things and just going to start accusing some women of sexual harassment to be safe.  Then if they accuse me, it’s just a revenge suit.

this whole story is wild. 

Don't you have to meet some women first?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jimbo used to hook him up after games in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, and probably some form of addiction. 

It seems to me that Watson was making decisions. He did NOT want to go down the roads of Von Miller and Shady McCoy. They got bad press. Watson appears to have wanted powerless women that he could feel free to enjoy, abuse, and then dispose of. 

Again, open any newspaper and see what horrific things VERY powerful men are doing to women. In many circumstances, these women get little to no support, even from other women. 

As for posters on this board, maybe we should ask ourselves just how many allegations of sexual abuse/misconduct we could accumulate before we would get into very serious trouble. 

It just isn't fair what athletes and others in power can get away with. 

You make some valid points, but when it comes to allegations...I would hope that no one on this board, nor Watson, will get into trouble for allegations of anything before investigation and some form of judicial process takes place.

I don't care for things being adjucated in the press/social media.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

^^ Everyone should read this.

Also, it is possible that these women are telling the truth and this Buzbee lawyer is a huge money-grubbing scumbag. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Reported that several teams are still interested in trading for Watson:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/21/report-several-teams-remain-interested-in-a-deshaun-watson-trade/

With seven lawsuits filed, five more promised, and at least 10 more possibly coming, common sense suggests that it has become difficult if not impossible for the Texans to trade quarterback Deshaun Watson. A Saturday report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle suggests otherwise.

Wilson cites unnamed sources to support the claim that multiple teams remain interested in Watson: Eagles, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers and Broncos.

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cal Ripken Jr had a reputation that was kept out of the news. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1