Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I've built (not alone, obviously) a few massage clinics from scratch (it is a chain, and they liked using our company) but we never put cameras in the rooms. Usually we'd come across subs like electricians, concrete guys and plumbers, but I don't recall any security firms putting cameras in the rooms, either. 

Idk if this applies to all clinics (or if Watson was even in a clinic)

"the two eventually scheduled an appointment at the plaintiff's home"

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"the two eventually scheduled an appointment at the plaintiff's home"

Yeah maybe I should actually read stuff before opining.

For me, though, this makes Watson less suspicious. At least in a clinic, there would be other people to corroborate the story. I don't understand why Watson would risk his career and reputation on asking some random masseuse for a handy.

I do not want to venture into assumptions of guilt or innocence on either side, but it's tipping for Watson for me.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a little-known site feature that if someone posts the same .gif 3x within a space of time I won't reveal, it auto-replaces their Avatar.

Lol I don't care about locking the thread, just felt that this would be a fun gif again🤣

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

For me, though, this makes Watson less suspicious. At least in a clinic, there would be other people to corroborate the story. I don't understand why Watson would risk his career and reputation on asking some random masseuse for a handy.

I do not want to venture into assumptions of guilt or innocence on either side, but it's tipping for Watson for me.

This could be asked of a LOT of people over the years but yet...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

How is anyone going to prove this?  

Are their cameras?

It also sounds incredible dumb.  

This is a classic he said she said type of scenario. I thought that original post by that attorney looked to be really sleazy and this thing stinks. just somebody trying to get money. Unless there was an active camera or a hidden camera going which would raise ethical concerns abou a massage therapist, I don’t see how this goes anywhere and is something that will be quickly dismissed. I don’t think it has any effect on what happens to Watson  

Listening to Trent Dilfer on the Pat McAfee show, he really feels like the relationship with the Texans is over and that there’s no way Watson returns and Tyrod probably starts while grooming a draft project. Dilfer feels the fins are the prob landing spot with all the draft capital ,  still Jets with 2 Nd pick could yet be in play. Biggest take from Dilfer, who is very well spoken and logical, is that Watsons relationship with Texans is beyond repair and I think Dilfer has enough inside experience to be credible   Not great news as I bet he ends up in Miami ( let’s hope Pats are not in this, unlikely they would have brought Cam back if they were making a big push) and the AFC East could get very competitive just one year after Brady left.  

• Disagree 1

48 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has been accused of indecent conduct involving a licensed massage therapist in March 2020, according to a civil complaint filed Tuesday night in Harris County, Texas.

The complaint alleges that Watson contacted the plaintiff on Instagram inquiring about a massage and the two eventually scheduled an appointment at the plaintiff's home. Per the complaint, Watson informed the plaintiff prior to meeting that he wanted a "massage for relaxation" as opposed to a sports massage

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

So a sports massage includes an ending that's happy???  😆

36 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Listening to Trent Dilfer on the Pat McAfee show, he really feels like the relationship with the Texans is over and that there’s no way Watson returns and Tyrod probably starts while grooming a draft project. Dilfer feels the fins are the prob landing spot with all the draft capital ,  still Jets with 2 Nd pick could yet be in play. Biggest take from Dilfer, who is very well spoken and logical, is that Watsons relationship with Texans is beyond repair and I think Dilfer has enough inside experience to be credible   Not great news as I bet he ends up in Miami ( let’s hope Pats are not in this, unlikely they would have brought Cam back if they were making a big push) and the AFC East could get very competitive just one year after Brady left.  

TBH, I think the Texans would be better off holding his contract and waiting him out.

It doesn't matter the draft capital, no amount would be worth potentially getting dominated by him later in his career. I mean he has to be the best QB the franchise has ever had. They don't want him playing somewhere else.

To top it all off,  all you'd get was draft picks that aren't guaranteed to work out. The chances they'd be able to land a QB as good as him are very low.

Let him rot until he gets over it and mends the relationship.

Edited by DaggersEOD
deleted extra text
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

It certainly adds to the drama, however it's also part of the defense if caught.  Why would I be so stupid to risk my fame etc...

The reality is if he looked up and connected to a random MT via social media, then its more suspicious to me.  I mean I goto an MT, and it took me weeks of research and numerous recommendations before my first appointment.  

The relaxation vs sports massage is quite irrelevant, they are both actual types of massages. Is he supposed to only ask for a sports massage because he's a football player?

Every single thing I've seen released/leaked about this case is constructed to sound as lurid as possible. I have no idea if this is a legit suit or not, but if it's legit the lawyer is doing his client a disservice because this is coming off as a money-grab.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The relaxation vs sports massage is quite irrelevant, they are both actual types of massages. Is he supposed to only ask for a sports massage because he's a football player?

Every single thing I've seen released/leaked about this case is constructed to sound as lurid as possible. I have no idea if this is a legit suit or not, but if it's legit the lawyer is doing his client a disservice because this is coming off as a money-grab.

I would think that's one reason she hired him..

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

How is anyone going to prove this?

Contemporaneous discussions/texts re details of incident. Logs, billing slips, checks. Witnesses testifying to abrupt change in demeanor or behavior on/about said date. Counselor notes.

Etc, etc.

Not saying that's what she has, but many ways to skin the cat.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Phone went bananas