Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has been accused of indecent conduct involving a licensed massage therapist in March 2020, according to a civil complaint filed Tuesday night in Harris County, Texas.

The complaint alleges that Watson contacted the plaintiff on Instagram inquiring about a massage and the two eventually scheduled an appointment at the plaintiff's home. Per the complaint, Watson informed the plaintiff prior to meeting that he wanted a "massage for relaxation" as opposed to a sports massage

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

• Haha (+1) 1

The complaint alleges that Watson contacted the plaintiff on Instagram inquiring about a massage and the two eventually scheduled an appointment at the plaintiff's home. Per the complaint, Watson informed the plaintiff prior to meeting that he wanted a "massage for relaxation" as opposed to a sports massage.

The complaint alleges that during the massage Watson said that he wanted the focus to be on "his groin area." Watson later allegedly exposed himself from under his massage towel, and then touched the plaintiff's hand with his genitals after moving his body to further expose himself. The plaintiff then ended the massage and asked Watson to leave.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Just tell him to call Kraft that guy knows how to get out of these sorts of things.

Thats why he is going to NE....to get that legal representation.......hell they had video of Kraft!

6 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

How is anyone going to prove this?  

Are their cameras?

It also sounds incredibly dumb.  

I've built (not alone, obviously) a few massage clinics from scratch (it is a chain, and they liked using our company) but we never put cameras in the rooms. Usually we'd come across subs like electricians, concrete guys and plumbers, but I don't recall any security firms putting cameras in the rooms, either. 

Idk if this applies to all clinics (or if Watson was even in a clinic) but that's my two cents. I'd have to imagine it's akin to putting cameras in bathrooms.

Edit: I also live in Canada, but from what I understand, personal freedoms are...less important here, so I don't see why the States would have cameras while we don't

Edited by Boxcar

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I've built (not alone, obviously) a few massage clinics from scratch (it is a chain, and they liked using our company) but we never put cameras in the rooms. Usually we'd come across subs like electricians, concrete guys and plumbers, but I don't recall any security firms putting cameras in the rooms, either. 

Idk if this applies to all clinics (or if Watson was even in a clinic) but that's my two cents. I'd have to imagine it's akin to putting cameras in bathrooms.

Edit: I also live in Canada, but from what I understand, personal freedoms are...less important here, so I don't see why the States would have cameras while we don't

In the LMT's personal home.

Another difference between this and Kraft (besides Civil and not Criminal) is that the witness can testify.  The "not really massage people" were not available to testify against Mr. Kraft.