Ike Boettger tendered

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you guys liking me or my post?  I didn't actually tender him myself....just wanted to make that clear.

As long as yer pants remain on all is good!!!! 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't mean to be negative, but this is why I don't understand the Feliciano deal. Boettger is not much worse, if at all, and excels at the same aspects Mongo does. Yet, he's tendered less than half of what Mongo got.

Probably an unpopular take, but Boettger's emergence was a huge reason this offense was successful because Brian Winters was AWFUL.

Edited by Boxcar
Probate? Autocorrect sucks sometimes.
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I don't mean to be negative, but this is why I don't understand the Feliciano deal. Boettger is not much worse, if at all, and excels at the same aspects Mongo does. Yet, he's tendered less than half of what Mongo got.

Probably an unpopular take, but Boettger's emergence was a huge reason this offense was successful because Brian Winters was AWFUL.

I kinda get what yer saying but perhaps the Bills Brain trust likes the "mean streak" aspect and was willing to pay for that.  Mongo also proally has more NFL cred than Ike has so that too could have led to the extra $$$$

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Feliciano was an UFA and Boettger an RFA.  When you're an UFA you can command more money.  From an ability standpoint, I agree with you not much difference.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Feliciano was an UFA and Boettger an RFA.  When you're an UFA you can command more money.  From an ability standpoint, I agree with you not much difference.

Oh yeah, I totally understand the RFA vs. UFA. However, if we are looking at Mongo as a, idk, 50% down guy, I'd rather take Boettger for half and then dump that extra money into Kevin Zeitler...who I am still not completely over 😢

10 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Mongo can play center and with Morse a long term question mark you have a security blanket in Mongo. As he can start at RG or C. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Mongo can play center and with Morse a long term question mark you have a security blanket in Mongo. As he can start at RG or C. 

Yeah, I suppose...but is there a huge difference between Bates and Mongo @ C?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Oh yeah, I totally understand the RFA vs. UFA. However, if we are looking at Mongo as a, idk, 50% down guy, I'd rather take Boettger for half and then dump that extra money into Kevin Zeitler...who I am still not completely over 😢

I'm hoping the Bills strategy is to draft an OL guy or 2 in the later rounds.  

• Like (+1) 1