The Bears Went HAM After Wilson, Still Came Up Empty Handed

H2o

That honestly doesnt sound like that much. If you trade for Wilson you need a QB. Assuming one of those firsts was this years, CHI picks 20 so no QB. Assuming Wilson helps out the team youre still picking in the late teens - late 20s for two more years...yay?

and two starters? Who gives about two starters when it comes to trading picks. Without Wilson the Seahawks are toast. Any trade starts at 4 first rounders.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I dunno that id call this HAM.  Seems like a reasonable enough offer, but i would think itd take one year of nearly Ricky Williams trade status, and then the two 1s after.  Not saying its a good move for Chi, just itd take more.  "Everything is for sale" yet doesnt mean if I walk up to anybody and offer 150% value on their home theyre going to take it either.

Three 1st's, a 3rd, and two starters (albeit not named)? That's a pretty hefty offer imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Chicago - Needs a team around Wilson to make this worth it.  A team loaded for the next 3 years, or it doesn’t work.  Blowing 3 first rounders is a tough swallow, at least one should pan out if they drafted them.

Seattle - would need to be able to get a top QB this year.  The picks in this package don’t really get you there.  Can trade Russ straight up and get a few more picks and get the first or 2nd overall.  

Sounds like a lot.  Not useful to Seattle unless they had a starting QB on the wings.  Not many FA’s available other than Alex Smith?

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah im a moron and read right over the starters part.  W/o details obviously seems like a solid offer now 🤦‍♂️

My guess is one of those players was Khalil Mack and that led to the restructure of his deal after they were shot down by Seattle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

My guess is one of those players was Khalil Mack and that led to the restructure of his deal after they were shot down by Seattle. 

I thought the same thing.  His salary is too high for that to be a great trade piece imo. Great player, just crippling debt comes with

• Agree 1

I know Chicago is starved for a legit QB, but that's a Deshaun Watson package, not Russell Wilson.  

Dude starts off on fire every year lately, everybody screams "Let Russ cook!", and then he walks out of the kitchen down the stretch. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I know Chicago is starved for a legit QB, but that's a Deshaun Watson package, not Russell Wilson.  

Dude starts off on fire every year lately, everybody screams "Let Russ cook!", and then he walks out of the kitchen down the stretch. 

Fans: "Let Russ cook!"

Russ: "Eff this.  I'm calling UberEats."

• Haha (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, jletha said:

That honestly doesnt sound like that much. If you trade for Wilson you need a QB. Assuming one of those firsts was this years, CHI picks 20 so no QB. Assuming Wilson helps out the team youre still picking in the late teens - late 20s for two more years...yay?

and two starters? Who gives about two starters when it comes to trading picks. Without Wilson the Seahawks are toast. Any trade starts at 4 first rounders.

Yep It’s all about the QB us bills fans should no that more then anyone. We’ve had top 5 defense great running game and only to see 7-9 8-8 every year. If I’m a GM no thanks keeping my franchise QB 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Now add the Bills first 2 draft picks to the mix. Bills get Mack, Houston gets the house, Chicago gets Watson.👀

• Awesome! (+1) 1