[Vague Title] Thoughts on a hypothetical trade.

dbfla10

IF he were to fall to A LB needy team would you trade Edmunds and our 1st for Kyle Pitts? Edmunds is going to start to cost the Bills a lot of money after this year, and hasnt shown hes worth it. Pitts would make the offense as deadly as the Chiefs and would obviously be on a rookie deal for the next 4years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, dbfla10 said:

IF he were to fall to A LB needy team would you trade Edmunds and our 1st for Kyle Pitts? Edmunds is going to start to cost the Bills a lot of money after this year, and hasnt shown hes worth it. Pitts would make the offense as deadly as the Chiefs and would obviously be on a rookie deal for the next 4years. 

Who plays mike? A rookie? We don’t have cap to sign one. 

I'd do it in a heartbeat.   The "Two Time Pro Bowl Linebacker"  shouldn't be in the Bills plans long term.   He will cost too much and he is not nearly good enough  after three years in the league.   Maybe he proves a lot of us wrong this year, but I think he is a below average middle linebacker who makes little to no impact on the game.   If you get Pitts you upgrade your offense, and can still use your second round pick on one of the many good linebacker prospects in the draft. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

I really think Edmunds will have a breakout year in this defense and we would have to pay him big dollars...I'm not objected to the idea of trading him but not for a TE.

I've watch Every game of pitts the last 2 yrs. Dude is like Kelce or Kittle, and has really improved his blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Nope - not a chance would I make that trade.

Get rid of a young 2X Probowl LB for a questionable TE that we will barely use.

I think we need to rethink a few things around here. 

🤦‍♂️

For any other TE, no.  For Pitts, yes.  The dude is a beast.  Also, Edmunds likely gone after this year or next because of the tag number and/or some team will overpay for the physical traits and not production.  We can replace Edmunds with Dodson and 2nd round rookie.  

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I don’t like the idea of drafting a TE that high since most of them bust, but if they feel Pitts is a “can’t miss” guy then I would certainly offer Edmunds.

Agree, everyone here seems to think it's easy to find the next Gronk or Kelsey.

I also feel the Bills are in a win now mode so overall in 2021 the team may be better with a vet like Ertz rather than rookie.   Same goes for edge.   To me TE and Edge are two positions that can often take the longest to develop.  Take a CB in Rd 1, that's a safe position to start as a rookie.  That an O-line as long as it's only one rookie on the line are safe spots.

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

I would certainly do that trade.  But I am very much in the minority on the message board as far as my feelings for Edmunds.  I think most of the posters get Edmunds confused w Takeo Spikes in his prime.  Or even Sam Cowart or Sam Rogers for us long time fans who remember the late 90's teams.  If Edmunds stays, I just hope he gets a lot better.  His tackling is just brutal.  Maybe he can practice all offseason tackling his father who was a pretty decent TE years ago.  LOL