John Brown to Raiders

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

He said in an interview after he came back that he couldn't play in Denver due to his sickle cell trait. I remember this distinctly because it was the exact opposite of what his agent had said when he was a FA.

To be fair to him it may have been a medical directive from the Bills and it may have had to do with the stage he was at in his injury recovery. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have a question have we seen Sanders details yet? Because in agent speak this is a 1 year $5.5 million deal. 

Is Sanders 1 year fully guaranteed? 

Sanders is 1/6 with $6.5M upside through incentives 

Brown is 1/3.75 with $5.5M in upside through incentives

The smaller # for is flat out guaranteed... they larger number is possible based on performance. 

Edited by JGMcD2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huh? His salary with the Bills was 9.5 mil. He wasn’t a FA

He can play there

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huh? His salary with the Bills was 9.5 mil. He wasn’t a FA

He can play there

He couldn’t last year and I was told it had nothing to do with COVID, something to do with his sickle cell condition 

17 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I hate Beane.

Fire him now. This off-season has been horrible and just cements that him winning Executive of the Year was a big time fluke. 
This regime is no better than previous regimes... they’re just INCREDIBLY lucky.

^^^ Something along these lines will likely be said 

You're a Bad Man (tm).  🦨

🙄😅

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's toast.

Older, smallish speed guy that isn't physical. And not a great route runner. 

Brown is under-appreciated as a route runner.  He can run beautiful routes.

He did occasionally and for whatever reason take one off (I can think of a handful at key moments - Ravens last year, Browns last year, etc)

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bills should have utilized McKenzie more in the playoffs. He couldn't have performed worse than Brown.

By the AFCCG, he was back to his typical # snaps over the year

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Sanders is 1/6 with $6.5M upside through incentives 

Brown is 1/3.75 with $5.5M in upside through incentives

The smaller # for is flat out guaranteed... they larger number is possible based on performance. 

I think you mean the smaller number is earned if he's on the roster and possibly guaranteed?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He's an older speed guy coming off an injury plagued year...  I don't think people should be shocked.

I'd still rather have Sanders at his price tag.  Love Brown, but he isn't what we need to beat a team like KC with their press man coverage. 

That's gotta be what they see in Sanders, right? He can beat the press coverage even if he's a bit banged up?

I honestly wasn't thrilled to see that much money go to a 33 year old WR on the decline.

I know it was only 1 game, but Brown was terrible in the Colts playoff game.  Dropped passes, no separation, and basically bullied by the Colts DB’s.  And he played about the same against KC.  I don’t know much about Sanders but he seems to have much better hands in traffic and gets open.  

• Like (+1) 1

This was a bargain deal for Vegas. Brown has upside to be their #1 guy while Ruggs tries to raise his game. 
Smoke probably could of gotten more money but it’s a risk and possible he doesn’t get the same usage he’ll get for Vegas. Essentially he’s betting on himself to produce a good season for them and get more money next year. Let’s just be clear here, buffalo did not want him back. Not at any salary so the numbers don’t really matter compared to sanders. It was just time to part ways. 

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know Nucc.  They can always go to a player and rework a contract.  It just tells me they didn’t have the desire.  At worst, they cut and resign lower.  They didn’t have an interest.  I thought before for cap reasons, but obviously not.

Even if they did offer a pay cut I doubt he would take 1/2 of what he was going to earn. The other guys took haircuts of like 1-2 mill. His agent would have told him to hit the market regardless. I do think the WR FA market is saturated this year plus a strong WR draft and that hurt his value 

56 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Well, hopefully whatever patchwork line the Raiders trot out this year will give his deeper route tree enough time to develop, otherwise, it will be a long/unfruitful season for Smoke. Wish him luck though. Also, Gruden loves him some ex-Bills! 

Agreed.  My Brother in Law is a Raiders fan so we talk about our two teams often.  He loves what the Bills are doing, specifically he is a big Josh Allen fan.  I feel bad for him because when I look at the current Raiders roster, it really is a mess.   I love that they signed Smoke, in his short time here he became on of my favorite Bills ever, but what they really needed was a bigger boundary wideout.   Watching them reminds me so much of the old Bills teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Another guy drooling to play with Nate Petermen

I thought it was being able to access the same barber as Mark Davis.

Also: "John, go play catch with Nate.  Nobody else wants to."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This was a bargain deal for Vegas. Brown has upside to be their #1 guy while Ruggs tries to raise his game. 
Smoke probably could of gotten more money but it’s a risk and possible he doesn’t get the same usage he’ll get for Vegas. Essentially he’s betting on himself to produce a good season for them and get more money next year. Let’s just be clear here, buffalo did not want him back. Not at any salary so the numbers don’t really matter compared to sanders. It was just time to part ways. 

Maybe but 31 year old speed Receivers need to take as much guaranteed money as possible.  I wouldn’t be betting that my value is gonna go up as a 32 year old speed Receiver, but maybe market will be better for wideouts next year.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Maybe but 31 year old speed Receivers need to take as much guaranteed money as possible.  I wouldn’t be betting that my value is gonna go up as a 32 year old speed Receiver, but maybe market will be better for wideouts next year.  

100% it will be better next year. If he gets 80 targets in Vegas opposed to say 45 in Green Bay he’ll have a much better chance at more money next year 

Good.  Bills made the right move.  He's a speed man that showed he's losing speed.  He's a small guy that showed He's beat up and sanders is a more dependable guy at creating separation.  

Love John brown but this was the right move.