Trent Williams re-signs with SF (6 year $138 mil / $55mil guar / $30 mil SB )

5 hours ago, Aireskoi said:

Chiefs tried but missed on Williams, thank goodness.  

Absolutely. This is the best, and most relevant, part of this news.

Chiefs released both OTs, then missed on Williams. Buffalo re-signed both of their starting OTs. Win for the Bills.

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not really. He was involved in a dispute over injury with the WFT who basically were implying he was faking the injury. He threatened retirement trying to get them to trade or release him. 

Didnt WFT med staff "overlook" a brain tumor w/o telling him.  Details are fuzzy but i remember thinking it sounded borderline criminal what they did.  Dont blame him one bit for getting out of dodge

• Agree 1

Heres the article on what happened with Williams and the tumor in his head. Drs were aware, but decided football was more important.  They ignored it for years, and the second he went outside the organization, they told him it was weeks away from growing to his brain where it had a high chance of becoming lethal.  I cant believe how much this organization has swept under the rug.  Anywhoooo, glad Trent got out of there and got paid!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/31/trent-williams-reveals-he-had-cancer-says-redskins-failed-test-it-six-years/

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

Holy cripes.  That's a lot of coin..  That contract has reset the market.  When will these owners learn?

Learn what?

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've not been able to find any news regarding that. 

I was told by someone who has a source in the 49ers building Trent told them he was considering calling it a career.

• Haha (+1) 1