Jets fielding trade calls for CJ Mosley, hopefully Buffalo is one of them.

Not sure we'd pay that much for a backup, though. About a 99% chance we aren't one of those teams.

We've got our starters, and while a few on here seem determined to whine, moan and speculate ridiculously, the FO likes them a lot. The last thing you'd do in a year where you're fighting cap tightness is throw out a starter you're very happy with and pay more for someone else.

Mosley is a really really good player, even coming off an injury and an optout, he'd clearly cost a lot more than any sensible person would pay a backup. We've got our starters. 

Just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would the Jets trade him to a division rival

Yeah, it's rare. Can only remember really old dudes being exchanged within the division, not really anybody like Mosley. I like the idea but can't see it happening.

Why do we want him? We play almost always 2 lbs in our nickel defense which would be Edmunds and Milano and Klein is a capable backup. Mosley is always hurt too, the Jets are the one team who would trade him in the AFC East though 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

Yeah, it's rare. Can only remember really old dudes being exchanged within the division, not really anybody like Mosley. I like the idea but can't see it happening.

It happens. But only when the offer from the division rival is far and away better than anyone else's. And I doubt Beane's offering a pick high enough to be far and away better than anyone else. Pats traded us Bledsoe - but we were the only one offering a 1st.

Remember the Jets spending spree in the 2019 off-season.  LOL.  They better hope Davis and Lawson turn out a little bit better.

CJ Mosley - 5 years, 85 million

Le'Veon Bell - 4 years, 52 million

Jamison Crowder - 3 years, 28 million

Henry Anderson - 3 years, 25 million

34 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

Mosley is infinitely better than Edmunds.

Infinitely!! Wow, so he's essentially Thanos?

If I assume he's better, we've now decided that we're going to upgrade every position, apparently? 

Gotcha. Who are we going after at QB? Aaron Rodgers? Or should we work on trading up for Trevor Lawrence? And after we get our new QB, who will we get for our #1 CB and #1 WR?

28 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

With salary room becoming scarce one of the ways to improve this defense is for McBeane to swallow their pride and admit that Edmunds simply isnt a good MLB and replace him with someone better.

Oh, another one of those guys who's smarter than McDermott and Beane. I didn't realize.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Remember the Jets spending spree in the 2019 off-season.  LOL.  They better hope Davis and Lawson turn out a little bit better.

CJ Mosley - 5 years, 85 million

Le'Veon Bell - 4 years, 52 million

Jamison Crowder - 3 years, 28 million

Henry Anderson - 3 years, 25 million

A few looked bad even at the time. Man, that Bell deal was awful.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Infinitely!! Wow, so he's essentially Thanos?

If I assume he's better, we've now decided that we're going to upgrade every position, apparently? 

Gotcha. Who are we going after at QB? Aaron Rodgers? Or should we work on trading up for Trevor Lawrence? And after we get our new QB, who will we get for our #1 CB and #1 WR?

Oh, another one of those guys who's smarter than McDermott and Beane. I didn't realize.

Lol...That is quite the leap.  Because I feel CJ Mosely is a better LB than Edmunds which he clearly is, and want to improve the MLB position on the Bills because I feel we dont get good enough play, I therefore want to improve QB, #1CB, and #1WR where we get elite play. Gimme a break. I'm not even saying the Bills should trade for Mosley, its not feasible... just that he is better than Edmunds and we need to improve the play from the position.

And just because I think they missed on Edmunds being a good MLB doesn't mean I think Im smarter than them.  Another ridiculous statement.  Oh another one of those McBeane nuthuggers who thinks they are infallible. I didnt realize.

Edited by Billy Zabka

30 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

Lol...That is quite the leap.  Because I feel CJ Mosely is a better LB than Edmunds which he is, and want to improve the MLB position on the Bills because I feel we dont get good enough play, I therefore want to improve QB, #1CB, and #1WR where we get elite play. Gimme a break.

And just because I think they missed on Edmunds being a good MLB doesn't mean I think Im smarter than them.  Another ridiculous statement.  Oh another one of those McBeane nuthuggers who thinks they are infallible. I didnt realize.

The leap isn't big at all. You want to take the little money we have and improve at positions where we're already good enough, positions where we already have Pro Bowlers. Clearly that means we need to upgrade at all the positions where those less smart than you - Beane and McDermott, for instance - think we're fine. You came right out and said that the way to get better is to spend a lot of money upgrading a position where we have a Pro Bowler who McDermott and Beane are happy with.

Of course, when I put it that way, it sounds ridiculous, right? Yeah, that's because it is ridiculous, what you said. 

The problem that you clearly do have isn't that you thought they missed. No, you have determined that they should "swallow their pride." That they need to "admit" you're right.

1 hour ago, Billy Zabka said:

With salary room becoming scarce one of the ways to improve this defense is for McBeane to swallow their pride and admit that Edmunds simply isnt a good MLB and replace him with someone better.

So, yeah, you do clearly think you're smarter.

Edited by Thurman#1

52 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The leap isn't big at all. You want to take the little money we have and improve at positions where we're already good enough, positions where we already have Pro Bowlers. Clearly that means we need to upgrade at all the positions where those less smart than you - Beane and McDermott, for instance - think we're fine. You came right out and said that the way to get better is to spend a lot of money upgrading a position where we have a Pro Bowler who McDermott and Beane are happy with.

Of course, when I put it that way, it sounds ridiculous, right? Yeah, that's because it is ridiculous, what you said. 

The problem that you clearly do have isn't that you thought they missed. No, you have determined that they should "swallow their pride." That they need to "admit" you're right.

So, yeah, you do clearly think you're smarter.

Because I want to improve at MLB where we got disappointing play last year and average play the year before, I "clearly mean we need to upgrade at all pro Bowl positions" -- I guess there is no sense in debating someone who will twist things around like that. You realize that Edmunds making the Pro Bowl was laughable. Maybe you like MLB's who make few big plays, have poor instincts, miss a lot of tackles, but rack up big tackle numbers hugging guys down 7 yards past the line of scrimmage but I don't.  And yeah sometimes teams take too long to move on from 1st round mistakes, especially when you trade up for them.  Mcdermott is an elite coach and Beane an elite GM but Its ok to admit they make mistakes, that way you dont have to always hug their nuts and pretend Edmunds is a better linebacker than CJ Mosley like you do. 

Edited by Billy Zabka

Never happen in division nor does either party have an interest.  The team likes Edmunds and Milano.  Edmunds looked better in 2019 when Star was in front of him.  He’s not the reincarnation of Ray Lewis.  He’s a sideline to sideline athletic LB. I’m not getting into this non stop debate.  Bottom line, I see Edmunds value, and doesn’t make sense to me going after a very expensive most likely LB in division when we have our two LBers who the team likes.  If we could afford a difference making TE or Edge Rusher, yeah, but not a LBer.

Have fun with this debate.  I’m out.

I love how people hate on Edmunds. He is much better than what everyone thinks. No he isn't Ray Lewis, admittedly Devin White is better than him already. 

So I get it he isn't the best MLB in the league, but he is above average with room to grow. I wouldn't kick him off for a guy that has showed no desire to play ball since he got paid, the Ravens let him walk for a reason.

Mosley was also constantly hurt in college as well, his run with the Ravena was the only time he didn't have constant injuries. 

• Thank you (+1) 1