Watson bombshell?

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Is “from what I’ve seen” a hard grouping of words to understand?... I thought I was being clear, but I guess not “Mr. WEO” clear. Forgive me. 

This team we’re talking about is the one that’s been accused of having their players followed and has made some of the stupidest decisions ever in the past several years. Is anything truly off the table?

You were clearly fabricating an opinion based on no more insight or info than any of us here have.  You know nothing about this guy. That was pretty clear.

Trading away Clowney and Hopkins is pretty much the same as hiring a woman to fabricate a sexual assault story so she could then hired a lawyer to file a suit in order to tarnish a QB they have under contract.  

Good point.

i rule nothing out, him trying to get a handy isn't exactly ken winslow jr type deviance, and houston trying to strike out at him isn't impossible.

that said, if houston is doing this, it will totally poison the well with him, and quite possible other players as well.

maybe there is a morality clause in the contract, and they just want to get out of it?

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There is no need to poke the WEO bear, he is already awake and active in this thread.

WEO Bear? I don't get it.. what is a WEO Bear?

Edited by wppete

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You were clearly fabricating an opinion based on no more insight or info than any of us here have.  You know nothing about this guy. That was pretty clear.

Trading away Clowney and Hopkins is pretty much the same as hiring a woman to fabricate a sexual assault story so she could then hired a lawyer to file a suit in order to tarnish a QB they have under contract.  

Good point.

in what way was it not clear that I was fabricating an opinion?... I said “From everything I’ve seen.” 

Don’t be idiotic. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

Well this is pretty simple. Either she has these messages or she doesn't. If the law suit goes to court we will know. if Watson settles out of court we will know the truth and if she drops the case then we will know she was lying... Now they will let the process play out but either way this is a blow to Watson. Horrible. 

At face value, this isn't even close to sexual assault. The continuous use of the word "masseuse" is also throwing me off, because massage therapists and masseuses are different things.

There's also really only one area that isn't potentially touched by an RMT, so if she was asked to massage his ass, that's completely legit.

My god, even assuming all this is true, him asking for the lady to jerk him off is worth a six figure settlement?!

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

in what way was it not clear that I was fabricating an opinion?... I said “From everything I’ve seen.” 

Don’t be idiotic. 

You've seen nothing unique regarding Watson to allow you to speculate that the team may be creating this story.  You fabricated a clean past  for him and went from there.

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

At face value, this isn't even close to sexual assault. The continuous use of the word "masseuse" is also throwing me off, because massage therapists and masseuses are different things.

There's also really only one area that isn't potentially touched by an RMT, so if she was asked to massage his ass, that's completely legit.

My god, even assuming all this is true, him asking for the lady to jerk him off is worth a six figure settlement?!

If he's in Florida, walking into the situation with $100 bill is considered sufficient, and business as usual...

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

Well this is pretty simple. Either she has these messages or she doesn't. If the law suit goes to court we will know. if Watson settles out of court we will know the truth and if she drops the case then we will know she was lying... Now they will let the process play out but either way this is a blow to Watson. Horrible. 

Sorry but you could be further from reality, that is NOT the way lawsuits work.

If Watson settles it might just mean instead of spending hours/days in discovery & court and a $100,000 legal bill he pays here lawyer $50k to go away.  And no if she drops it doesnt mean she was lying, maybe she doesnt want to relieve the experience in public.  And for both of them to make it go away may have nothing to do with this particular incident but they might be fearful of what the other side might find out in discovery and what the press would do with it, a lot of people have skeletons in the closet they dont want opened.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sorry but you could be further from reality, that is NOT the way lawsuits work.

If Watson settles it might just mean instead of spending hours/days in discovery & court and a $100,000 legal bill he pays here lawyer $50k to go away.  And no if she drops it doesnt mean she was lying, maybe she doesnt want to relieve the experience in public.  And for both of them to make it go away may have nothing to do with this particular incident but they might be fearful of what the other side might find out in discovery and what the press would do with it, a lot of people have skeletons in the closet they dont want opened.

Don't think so.. If Watson settles in the majority of the publics eyes he is guilty.. We have seen this many times with public figures.. If he stands by his statement from last night he would want to clear his name and not settle and make it go away. just my opinion...

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You've seen nothing unique regarding Watson to allow you to speculate that the team may be creating this story.  You fabricated a clean past  for him and went from there.

Are you this obtuse? I mean, I know you’re one of “those posters” but seriously - try to grasp the English language before using it for debate.

In my original post I made three statements regarding the situation. 

The first was the fact that Watson has a clean reputation. This is based on public knowledge and isn’t up for debate. It’s true. It’s a fact. Nothing like this has ever happened before and everything you read about him says he’s a stand up guy. 

My take on Watson as a person has nothing to do with my other statement that I wouldn’t be shocked if this was some crazy thing made up by the team- the team that has been accused of having their players followed, which is completely unprecedented. What’s one more crazy entry.

You’re acting like I claimed first hand knowledge of watson or the situation, while anyone with a 2nd grade reading comprehension level can tell from my original post that I clearly did not.

again, don’t be stupid.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Don't think so.. If Watson settles in the majority of the publics eyes he is guilty.. We have seen this many times with public figures.. If he stands by his statement from last night he would want to clear his name and not settle and make it go away. just my opinion...

Nice try but no.

You wrote if Watson settles "we will know the truth", now you change it to "publics eyes he is guilty", that is a huge difference.  Public perception versus whether or not has is lying.

And those are YOUR assumptions about the public perception, sounds like that is yours and I already stated why he might not want to spend the time and money to "clear his name".  A trial could turn into a media hanging circus with every girlfriend or and lady Watson has ever interatecd with.  

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Nice try but no.

You wrote if Watson settles "we will know the truth", now you change it to "publics eyes he is guilty", that is a huge difference.  Public perception versus whether or not has is lying.

And those are YOUR assumptions about the public perception, sounds like that is yours and I already stated why he might not want to spend the time and money to "clear his name".  A trial could turn into a media hanging circus with every girlfriend or and lady Watson has ever interatecd with.  

Nonsense... if he is guilty or settles and doesn't clear his name then he is done... We have seen it with countless public figures over the last few years... Its a new world like it or not.

Just now, wppete said:

Nonsense... if he is guilty or settles and doesn't clear his name then he is done... We have seen it with countless public figures over the last few years... Its a new world like it or not.

LOL.

You fail to understand that a civil case is as much an economic decision as anything else.

Settling out of court is NOT an admission of guilt.

And no settling out of court and not  "clearing  his name" doesnt mean "he is done", whatever crap that means.  Yea no team will sign him, do i have the right?    He settles out of court quickly and this will be nothing more than a trivia question on his wikipedia page.

• Vomit 1