Watson bombshell?

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Once again, no need for personal insults. Would you slow down if acknowledged the fact that you are a really tough guy? I will do it if this is what you want. 

I guess it shpould happen at least once in all of our lifetimes. 

So, here it goes: You are a TOUGH GUY!!!  😁😃😄

Bill, you seem like a fine gent who has all his marbles firmly in place and is never in asinine arguments with respected posters on this board in which you look like an idiot. I hope you have a beautiful day. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It’s a lawsuit about what we have no clue. It could be as simple as he said something she was offended by and feels this is a way make a big payday. (It could also be very serious but we don’t know yet and I’m a firm believer in seeing proof before guilt.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

File a sexual assault suit against him? I mean the Texans are a mess but that’s taking things a bit far

Do you not watch Flack? :)

Seriously, though, yeah, that would be way over-the-top.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Journalism in 2021: 

I love journalism in 2021. Instagram post from shady lawyer comes across desk, no need for investigation, just blow it up on Twitter.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but isn't sexual assault a crime that would involve...police? And not just a civil suit?

Really! What is this Albright dude thinking? No one cares if anything is true anymore. We really need some new social media laws on the books.

1 minute ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Word is this lawsuit is on behalf of a masseuse. Evidently Watson requested a happy ending.

There are no claims he touched the masseuse at all.

Who knew Deshaun Watson and Robbert Kraft have so much in common.. Maybe a trade to new England is next 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

Definitely the McNairs using it as an excuse to the fans as to why they'll trade Watson.  Pretty low.  I expected them to wait at least a year before cracking.

Stuff like this puzzles the ***** out of me. 

We don't know a thing right now beyond that the lawyer put out a "flex" instagram that had more details about him than about the lawsuit allegedly filed, that someone tweeted out the complaint involved a masseur or massage therapist, and that Watson denies it and says he was contacted with a settlement demand prior to the suit being filed, he hasn't seen it yet, and he's done nothing wrong.  Oh, and the lawyer is apparently a neighbor of the McNairs (which could mean he's at outs with 'em).

Yet here comes someone who "Definitely" knows what it's about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s a lawsuit about what we have no clue. It could be as simple as he said something she was offended by and feels this is a way make a big payday. (It could also be very serious but we don’t know yet and I’m a firm believer in seeing proof before guilt.

Especially if you’re interested in trading for him. 😜

2 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

Matt Damon is a NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!

Agree.

lets bury him!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Journalism in 2021: 

I love journalism in 2021. Instagram post from shady lawyer comes across desk, no need for investigation, just blow it up on Twitter.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but isn't sexual assault a crime that would involve...police? And not just a civil suit?

To the former: I'm not trying to defend journalists as "lilly white" but once something is out on social media, it does get news coverage.

To the latter:  It can be, but people file lawsuits all the time over misconduct where either criminal investigation was not sought, or criminal investigation took place but for one or another reason criminal charges not filed.  The standard of proof is different and it removes the filter of whether or not the prosecutor can maintain his/her "win record" with the case.

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Good point. An NFL player never has and never will abuse any woman but if they did, the "timing" would have to be just right.

Oh, c'mon Bill.  Put the safety back on the sarcasm projector. 

We all know that the timing of a lawsuit filing and the timing of any action on which the lawsuit is based aren't correlated.

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Not sure what you mean by this.

Joke.

At this point all we can do is sit and wait for details to emerge.  No form of of sexual harassment should be taken lightly.  That goes without saying.  On the flip side, no allegations should ever be made without substantial evidence.  We can't just generalize cases like this. 

I guess we'll see how this one pans out.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well this is pretty simple. Either she has these messages or she doesn't. If the law suit goes to court we will know. if Watson settles out of court we will know the truth and if she drops the case then we will know she was lying... Now they will let the process play out but either way this is a blow to Watson. Horrible. 

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oof.... my first instinct is to call bs. Watson has been nothing but a standup guy going back to Clemson - from everything I’ve ever seen.

My second instinct is to say: who the hell would be surprised if the Texans (specifically Easterbe) was doing something to try and sully Watson’s name? With what we’ve heard that seems perfectly on brand. 

My third instinct is to say - dang. This’ll be interesting. 

really my third is my first. 

My immediate first thought, and exactly what this feels like. Especially after reading that entire "announcement" which was a lot of blabber about the lawyer and his family, with no substance.