Watson bombshell?

Journalism in 2021: 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No details

No information at all

What timing

I love journalism in 2021. Instagram post from shady lawyer comes across desk, no need for investigation, just blow it up on Twitter.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but isn't sexual assault a crime that would involve...police? And not just a civil suit?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Journalism in 2021: 

I love journalism in 2021. Instagram post from shady lawyer comes across desk, no need for investigation, just blow it up on Twitter.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but isn't sexual assault a crime that would involve...police? And not just a civil suit?

how can you blame journalists when it was the plaintiff’s attorney that announced this suit via a crazy facebook post implicating a famous pro athlete? 

A lack of criminal investigation or charges does not preclude someone from filing a civil suit.

24 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

how can you blame journalists when it was the plaintiff’s attorney that announced this suit via a crazy facebook post implicating a famous pro athlete? 

A lack of criminal investigation or charges does not preclude someone from filing a civil suit.

If this was about seeking justice, why the hell would there be no criminal charges or allegations? Just a civil suit for money?

Doesn't smell right.

Also, a masseuse is someone at a rub n' tug. My sister is an RMT and they don't tolerate being called masseuses.

22 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

If this was about seeking justice, why the hell would there be no criminal charges or allegations? Just a civil suit for money?

Doesn't smell right.

Also, a masseuse is someone at a rub n' tug. My sister is an RMT and they don't tolerate being called masseuses.

well no one ever said it was about justice. Only point is “journalists” don’t work en masse in some secret cabal and decide when something is or isn’t covered. When the lawyer put that out someone was going to pick it up and run it. After that happens everyone else, regardless of the merits of the claim, is going to report it. 

If you think it’s bogus then blame the attorney for the accuser, not the reporters.

I know the difference between RMTs and sex workers and don’t have anything against either of them. Not sure what the heck you’re talking about there but carry on I guess.

I don't believe it. "I represent those.." blah, blah, blah. In reality it's "I've got a case I'm filing against an NFL Superstar and I'm going to milk this mf'er for every dime and ounce of publicity I can get." 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The timing on this is almost too much to even begin to believe...

Good point. An NFL player never has and never will abuse any woman but if they did, the "timing" would have to be just right.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL I think that's thrown in there because Texas. 

Not sure what you mean by this.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Pick your option. 

1. Watson making up the lawsuit to get himself out of Houston either via cutting or traded (which helps damage the Houston owners in the process because they get little value in return). 

2. Another team is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point Houston either cuts him, or they can come in with a low offer (helps this team acquire Watson for “cheap” ). 

3. Houston is making up the lawsuit to lower Watson’s value to the point no other team becomes interested and Watson stays with the team until the contract is finished ( I don’t see this as being the case, because why would they damage his value as to possibly get nothing in return for their investment). 

4. Watson didn’t do anything and is getting slandered by some crazy woman/lawyer. Which hurts Watson and really every party involved except for some team willing to deal with the allegations. 

5. Watson did something and possibly hurt his career. 

Option 6. Watson did something and hurt an innocent woman.

Ya know it IS posible, no?

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

What?

So he ends up getting cut and goes to NE in free agency?

The timeline for the next 6 months:

Month 1 - Allegations come out, and have enough merit to go to court

Month 2 - Texans support Watson and tell all to wait and let the justice system do its thing

Month 3 - NFL investigates and decides to suspend him indefinately

Month 4 - Texans finally release him

Month 5 - Sign with NE

Month 6 - Settles suit out of court, cleared legally, and NFL lifts suspension just in time for him to start opening weekend

I'm not a huge fan of Watsons attempt to force his way out after signing a long term deal so recently. 

This situation though? Hard to believe. I suppose anyone can make a horrendous mistake, it doesn't say what he did. 

The idea that the Texans have something to do with this lawsuit seems silly. It greatly gums up any compensation they could get and would essentially make the owner lose the team (literally, like he can't be an nfl owner anymore) so that seems unfathomable. At least I hope that's not what happened. 

With all that said Watson always seemed like a stand up community guy, if he's guilty of this I would be shocked.

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oof.... my first instinct is to call bs. Watson has been nothing but a standup guy going back to Clemson - from everything I’ve ever seen.

My second instinct is to say: who the hell would be surprised if the Texans (specifically Easterbe) was doing something to try and sully Watson’s name? With what we’ve heard that seems perfectly on brand. 

My third instinct is to say - dang. This’ll be interesting. 

really my third is my first. 

Could the Texans void is contract for behavior detrimental to the team?  

7 hours ago, Process said:

What a story that would be. 

Not feasible for that purpose.  Will be investigated by the league.  If false , life goes on and Texans won’t release an innocent person. If guilty, no one will touch him until it’s over as league susoensions will be pending and trade impossible.  No one in their right mind during this me too culture concocts something damaging to a reputation like this just to get released. Loss of all sponsorships etc and it’s impossible to be seen the same or fully recover a reputation.    I have learned to distrust law firms who will do anything to make money on others pain, so releasing  something during a high profile time period for the NFL would not be beyond belief, but this seems like a strange way / reach  etc to announce something as grave as sexual assault charges. Why announce a case before filing which would become public quickly.any how?  Seems very strange , unethical type behavior.  But as I said, almost nothing done by firms with possible large recoveries involved would completely shock me these days.  I certainly see no possible way Watsons management would ever be an instigator  because backlash would be impossible to overcome.if that’s what you are theorizing. Will see the truth soon enough 

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Why would the Texans want to tank his trade value?

I wouldn’t presume to think wise decision making is coming from that organization now. It doesn’t make any sense, unless they’re pissed, and trying to get revenge, or they’re trying to dry up the market so they can’t be forced to trade him. Probably unlikely, but this is the team that’s recently been accused of having their players followed, so who the heck knows. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Good point. An NFL player never has and never will abuse any woman but if they did, the "timing" would have to be just right?

I see comprehension is still difficult for you. I’m not surprised. If you find the timing of this suit being filed as completely coincidental, I have a bridge for sale in your neck of the words you might be interested in.