Cynthia Frelund teasing Bills fans with rumor tweet

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been pointed out in several threads that if Beane feels it would benefit the team, he can clear a buttload of cap space in a hurry by renegotiating Dawkins and White's contracts to convert salary to signing bonus.

So I don't see cap space as too much of a hindrance if there's a move Beane truly sees as a potential game-changer for the franchise.

But I think he would have to view it as game-changer, not as an incremental improvement

Without a doubt...

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I really don't believe the Pegula jet means anything. Pretty sure nothing's changed on COVID protocols and everything needs to be done virtually. Could be Sabres related. Or business related. Or personal. Either way, the jet meant nothing last season and I don't think it does this year either. 

I'm pretty convinced it's signing Ertz after the Eagles release him bc no one's willing to trade for a guy they know is going to get cut anyways. This falls in line with:

- Emmanuel Sanders is Part 1: Part 1 as in Ertz will be acquired the same way. We have a deal in place but are waiting on the release at 4 PM.

- 4 PM is not the deadline: Because 4 PM is the deadline for the Eagles. Our move will come after.

Which is fine, but how does that inspire a team change? Ertz doesn’t make me want to buy season tickets, let alone switch team allegiance. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah.. Some Twitter account said something about something and then fans repeated nonsense over and over and over hoping the madden game comes to real life 

Well if it is madden, a 7th, 6th and 3rd string qb should get this done...

What's the hold up?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She doesn’t need to save face. She never said it was happening. She said she hoped it would happen. 

Eh, she knows what she did.  No, she didn’t promise anything, but also know what fans are and how they do.  Especially the mafia 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Why does anyone think any of those players are in Chicago right now?   Maybe they are, but odds would have them in Florida or California or Arizona this time of year.

It’s not about the players, it’s about negotiating with Chicago’s management. Mack also lives near Chicago anyways. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Which is fine, but how does that inspire a team change? Ertz doesn’t make me want to buy season tickets, let alone switch team allegiance. 

It might not to you. And in a vacuum - Ertz alone might not inspire a team change. But adding him to what we already have could be the tipping point for her. Especially since she said she's in the market for a new team anyways. He is a popular player. Maybe she really likes him. I think if you're hoping for something bigger than Zach Ertz - you're really setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not about the players, it’s about negotiating with Chicago’s management. Mack also lives near Chicago anyways. 

GMs negotiate over the phone.  

But anyway, I hope there’s something Bills related to them being in Chicago.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It might not to you. And in a vacuum - Ertz alone might not inspire a team change. But adding him to what we already have could be the tipping point for her. Especially since she said she's in the market for a new team anyways. He is a popular player. I think if you're hoping for something bigger than Zach Ertz - you're really setting yourself up for disappointment.

Well if the Bills are serious about the super bowl, they will make a serious push to get there. There are two players right now that I can think of (Fuller, Mack) that makes all of this make sense. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, Boxcar said:

I'm still calling him Danielle

Me too. His name was the reason I didn’t want the Bills to draft him in rd 1 or 2 in the draft.  Woulda been nice to have snagged him in rd 3 like the Vikes did though!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

this B word is going to get a donkey punch.

Why? As far as she knows, the rumor has legs. If it was a sure thing, she'd say it. I believe that Frelund has a high amount of integrity and wouldn't ***** around with a fanbase for a few twitter likes. Maybe I'm wrong, but she's always seemed very by the books.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well if the Bills a serious about the super bowl, they will make a serious push to get there. There are two players right now that I can think of (Fuller, Mack) that makes all of this make sense. 

Except:

a.) https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/15/bears-khalil-mack-contract-restructure-2021/ They massively restructured him yesterday to create cap space. If they were to trade him - they'd have let us do that legwork. Can't remember a time someone restructured someone one day and then traded them the next.

b.) Both Mack and Fuller would take trading a 1st, which I can't see Beane doing two years in a row. And a stupid amount of cuts and restructures. Even with Mack's restructure - we'd have to find 14 million in cap space for this season. And his hit goes up to *30.3* next season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Except:

a.) https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/15/bears-khalil-mack-contract-restructure-2021/ They massively restructured him yesterday to create cap space. If they were to trade him - they'd have let us do that legwork. Can't remember a time someone restructured someone one day and then traded them the next.

b.) Both Mack and Fuller would take trading a 1st, which I can't see Beane doing two years in a row. And a stupid amount of cuts and restructures. Even with Mack's restructure - we'd have to find 14 million in cap space for this season. And his hit goes up to *30.3* next season.

Yes but remember, Ryan pace is stupid.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1