Cynthia Frelund teasing Bills fans with rumor tweet

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Won’t lie, this is the most likely.

Or the “talks fell apart” excuse

At least she promised to disclose who the player is that is rumored to be interested by us. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

$14M for CB#2?

I’d do it, it would increase our sb odds. 

4 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

My money is on nothing.

Sorry to be that person, I just dont see how it can be anything big with the cap space we have. I think shes was misinformed and will later state that her info was wrong 

It's been pointed out in several threads that if Beane feels it would benefit the team, he can clear a buttload of cap space in a hurry by renegotiating Dawkins and White's contracts to convert salary to signing bonus.

So I don't see cap space as too much of a hindrance if there's a move Beane truly sees as a potential game-changer for the franchise.

But I think he would have to view it as game-changer, not as an incremental improvement

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been pointed out in several threads that if Beane feels it would benefit the team, he can clear a buttload of cap space in a hurry by renegotiating Dawkins and White's contracts to convert salary to signing bonus.

So I don't see cap space as too much of a hindrance if there's a move Beane truly sees as a potential game-changer for the franchise.

But I think he would have to view it as game-changer, not as an incremental improvement

Mack is the only one that makes sense in the regard. It would also make sense given the pegs jet. Fuller could be a game changer though, he is nearly a lock down corner. 

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

My money is on nothing.

Sorry to be that person, I just dont see how it can be anything big with the cap space we have. I think shes was misinformed and will later state that her info was wrong 

That’s where I am right now 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doea it make sense for the Bears though?

They have converted most of his 2021 salary to bonus.... so if I understand correctly they will still be on the hook for this if they trade him? Or can they pass that onto the bills as well?

I'm starting at this point to think this is a BIG player. Ertz couldn't possibly be this long could it? I like Ertz, I think he is a great player and will make our offense even better but i feel this is going the direction of a huge trade. But then again, she did say that people were onto it so, who knows

Who ever says the cap doesn’t make sense stop. Last year people said chiefs can’t sign mahomes hill Kelce Jones they did. were over the cap to start then got thuney were in talks with Trent Williams and are one of the teams in on ertz. Teams find a way 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With the pegs jet making a run at Chicago. Which makes me believe its either Ertz, Fuller, or Mack we are targeting. 

You are really setting yourself up for disappointment more than likely. You’ve said Mack like 1000 times ignoring how many times it’s been said his dead cap left behind kills Chicago after his new restructure. It is not Mack. I’ll gladly eat some crow to be wrong but It makes no sense from Chicago to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

With the pegs jet making a run at Chicago. Which makes me believe its either Ertz, Fuller, or Mack we are targeting. 

I really don't believe the Pegula jet means anything. Pretty sure nothing's changed on COVID protocols and everything needs to be done virtually. Could be Sabres related. Or business related. Or personal. Either way, the jet meant nothing last season and I don't think it does this year either. 

I'm pretty convinced it's signing Ertz after the Eagles release him bc no one's willing to trade for a guy they know is going to get cut anyways. This falls in line with:

- Emmanuel Sanders is Part 1: Part 1 as in Ertz will be acquired the same way. We have a deal in place but are waiting on the release at 4 PM.

- 4 PM is not the deadline: Because 4 PM is the deadline for the Eagles. Our move will come after.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

My money is on nothing.

If the Bills are inclined, they can open up a lot of cap space. They just won't until they need to.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Doea it make sense for the Bears though?

They have converted most of his 2021 salary to bonus.... so if I understand correctly they will still be on the hook for this if they trade him? Or can they pass that onto the bills as well?

Maybe they want picks

Just now, Boxcar said:

If the Bills are inclined, they can open up a lot of cap space. They just won't until they need to.

Correct 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why does anyone think any of those players are in Chicago right now?   Maybe they are, but odds would have them in Florida or California or Arizona this time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why does she need an excuse... it’s a rumor 

Save face, she started the rumor. 

Just now, purple haze said:

Why does anyone think any of those players are in Chicago right now?   Maybe they are, but odds would have them in Florida or California or Arizona this time of year.

Ertz wife plays/lives in Chitown

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You are really setting yourself up for disappointment more than likely. You’ve said Mack like 1000 times ignoring how many times it’s been said his dead cap left behind kills Chicago after his new restructure. It is not Mack. I’ll gladly eat some crow to be wrong but It makes no sense from Chicago to do it. 

It's Mack then? Can you confirm source?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

because they know Pegula's private jet flew to Chicago most likely

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they want picks

Correct 

Hmm... they only just did his salary conversion a few days ago and given they are struggling with the cap... it would bloat out even more if they trade him...

Sorry to be a killjoy but not making a lot of sense 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm starting at this point to think this is a BIG player. Ertz couldn't possibly be this long could it? I like Ertz, I think he is a great player and will make our offense even better but i feel this is going the direction of a huge trade. But then again, she did say that people were onto it so, who knows

At this point, some people are going to be disappointed if it's not a Bruce Smith clone, genetically modified to also play TE...

If it was a superstar, more reporters than just Cynthia Frelund would be on this. That's my thing. IF it happens, it'll be someone between Ertz and Mack (though apparently recognizing that reality means I'm a grinch... 🙄)

Just now, Billschinatown said:

It's Mack then? Can you confirm source?

Yeah.. Some Twitter account said something about something and then fans repeated nonsense over and over and over hoping the madden game comes to real life 

• Haha (+1) 1