Cynthia Frelund teasing Bills fans with rumor tweet

Just now, glazeduck said:

That was 2 years ago and he was the only one to see targets. Ertz is not a top 5 TE.

No, he isn’t... but you’d be betting on the fact that his one down year had more to do with being in a completely dysfunctional and broken offense with horrible QB play. 
im fine with that bet. 

Just now, glazeduck said:

That was 2 years ago and he was the only one to see targets. Ertz is not a top 5 TE.

On a team with no other threats. He was their number 1 receiver and a monster. He would be a 3rd or 4th option here. Again, it’s all about his health. But 2019 Ertz would be a huge get.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Based on what?

Prior to last year when he was injured, he had at least 800 receiving yards every year since 2014.

And I’ll say it again: he’s younger than Travis Kelce.

Age is extremely relative. Kelce's a better athlete, in better shape and very clearly has a much cleaner injury history. Go watch the tape from Ertz this year and the last few games of the prior year, the guy moves like a barkalounger now.

Just now, whatdrought said:

No, he isn’t... but you’d be betting on the fact that his one down year had more to do with being in a completely dysfunctional and broken offense with horrible QB play. 
im fine with that bet. 

His crap attitude and utter lack of effort didn’t help.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

On a team with no other threats. He was their number 1 receiver and a monster. He would be a 3rd or 4th option here. Again, it’s all about his health. But 2019 Ertz would be a huge get.

Sure. I'm willing to at least play "what if" with that, and he would be our 3rd or 4th target. So IF it happens let's see what we give up. If it's one of our top 3 picks or an impact player, for Ertz's lack of health and sizeable contract, count me as not a fan. If it's, say, our 6th rd. pick and Ertz will restructure, then by all means let's roll the dice. 

I just don't think 2019 Ertz is walking through that door anymore.

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Age is extremely relative. Kelce's a better athlete, in better shape and very clearly has a much cleaner injury history. Go watch the tape from Ertz this year and the last few games of the prior year, the guy moves like a barkalounger now.

In better shape? Injury history?

Now I know you’re just making stuff up.

Ertz has played 117 of 128 career games. 

He’s a dependable, proven threat at TE who would improve both the run and pass game. 

He’s only 30 and has had literally ONE down year, last year, when his QB and the whole offense were crap and got everybody fired/traded away. No longer a top TE? Nonsense.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t understand the excitement with Ertz. Why give up a pick for a guy on the wrong side of 30 when you could have kept the pick and signed Smith or Henry? 

Saying Ertz is top 5 in 2021 is a stretch, even if someone gives you that...he will soon be out of the top 5. The other two have a chance to get there for a handful of years.

I am all in on Beane and McD and I’d be excited they got “their” guy, after last season they get the benefit of the doubt. I just feel like we would be revisiting this one in the near future. 

• Like (+1) 1