Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There is no contradiction here. 

A solid veteran WR slots into the Bills WR group behind Diggs and Beasley. 

Sanders is on his 4th Team in 3 years. 

Don't we see this a lot with veterans towards the ends of their careers? 

What homework needs to be done? He hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2016, and his best season came 9 years ago now. 

His role here isn't to gain 1,000 yards receiving. He will make our WR core better with his superior route running, redzone catches, and 3rd down completions. He will open up the field for Diggs and Davis. He should be a great fit for Allen and the Bills offense. It's another solid piece that helps us win now. Not sure why you can't comprehend that. Not sure what your point is and what your trying to say. Was it a poor pick up? Do you think it makes us better? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

His role here isn't to gain 1,000 yards receiving. He will make our WR core better with his superior route running, redzone catches, and 3rd down completions. He will open up the field for Diggs and Davis. He should be a great fit for Allen and the Bills offense. It's another solid piece that helps us win now. Not sure why you can't comprehend that. Not sure what your point is and what your trying to say. Was it a poor pick up? Do you think it makes us better? 

I don’t mind the move, Sanders is solid, veteran WR. John Brown played his way out of town last year with constant injuries. 

“Can’t comprehend” - Dude I’m fine in understanding his role. He slots in behind Diggs, probably behind Beasley into the #3 target role.

I disagreed with two comments regarding Sanders earlier in the thread:

1. Some fans don’t like the move based on fantasy football.

2. Age doesn’t matter.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I would like to add to this ES hasn't reached 1,000 yds since 2016 . It's been 5 yrs and he was 29yrs old the last time he cracked 1000 yds.

I guess I'm not quite sure what your intended point is here?

At the start of this season we could say "Beasley's career best of 833 yds on 75 receptions was 4 years ago in 2016 when he was 27 years old.  Now he's 31".  And dang if he didn't come 1 broken fibula/missed game from breaking 1000 yds in 2020 (did, if you add playoffs).

At the start of last season we could say "John Brown's career best of 1003 yds on 65 receptions was 4 years ago in 2015 when he was 25 years old.  Now he's 30 and on his 3rd team in 3 years".  And durn if he didn't set a new career best of 1060 yds on 72 receptons last season.

Is your point that to be a good WR who helps the Bills win a guy has to crack 1000 yds? 

Or are you trying to highlight the effect of crap QB play and/or how he's used in the scheme on a WR's contributions?

Or....help me out here....??

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess I'm not quite sure what your intended point is here?

At the start of this season we could say "Beasley's career best of 833 yds on 75 receptions was 4 years ago in 2016 when he was 27 years old.  Now he's 31".  And dang if he didn't come 1 broken fibula/missed game from breaking 1000 yds in 2020 (did, if you add playoffs).

At the start of last season we could say "John Brown's career best of 1003 yds on 65 receptions was 4 years ago in 2015 when he was 25 years old.  Now he's 30 and on his 3rd team in 3 years".  And durn if he didn't set a new career best of 1060 yds on 72 receptons last season.

Is your point that to be a good WR who helps the Bills win a guy has to crack 1000 yds? 

Or are you trying to highlight the effect of crap QB play and/or how he's used in the scheme on a WR's contributions?

Or....help me out here....??

Sounds like u have alot of excuses all ready to go . How many other wrs in this league can u say that very same thing about bad QB play.

I respect ES game but he's nowhere near the player he once was im just pointing that fact that he hasn't reached 1000 in nearly half a decade . I watched alot of Saints football last yr and he seemed more effective working out of the slot where can find the soft spots in the zones over the middle . He's a savvy vet no doubt that can help us . I'm just saying temper it down a little he's not gonna blow up a D like he did a few yrs bk . What he will do is move the sticks a couple times a gm.

He's our 6mil vet for 2021 following other has beens that received the same deal from us over the last few yrs like Vontae Davis or Josh Norman. I would of liked to see the Bills go another direction get a little younger and faster at the position but what the hell do I know I'm not an NFL GM. 

On 3/17/2021 at 6:17 AM, Motorin' said:

I'm looking for 50 receptions for 650 yards and 5 TD's. 

He's going to be a guy to move the sticks and get open in the Red Zone. I like it, and want to add a burner in the draft.

He lives in the 12 to 15 yard range. Which will take the pressure off Beasley. At times I think it became a bit all or nothing last season , but Sanders will help be another pressure relief valve. Until they find their TE, they need players like Sanders

• Like (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders