Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

I like it. I'd like it a lot more if he was about 2 years younger but I watched him in Denver for years and he's a total professional and competitor. Process guy for sure. Agree that Smoke must have been more broken and/or expensive than desired which is a shame, but Sanders is a fine replacement.

Also a huge plus to get that experience in the room. Imagine getting knowledge from the Diggs/Sanders/Beasley brain trust - Gabe Davis is going to be special. Makes me hope we get another WR or two in the draft actually, even a project. 

Edited by Nelius

34 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Was a really good player last season 

I'm looking for 50 receptions for 650 yards and 5 TD's. 

He's going to be a guy to move the sticks and get open in the Red Zone. I like it, and want to add a burner in the draft.

John Brown 9 games, 8 game starts, 52 targets, 33 rec for 458 yards, 3 TDs. a 63.5% catch percentage. Brown was 14th on the Bills in catch percentage.

FYI, Gabe Davis was next at 56.5%. Dawson Knox next at 54.5%... and last was TJ Yeldon @ 4 targets, 1 catch 25%. 

Diggs, Beasley were 75.6%, 76.6% respectively. 

Emmanuel Sanders, 14 games, 5 game starts, 82 targets, 61 rec for 726 yards, 5 TDs. a 74.45% catch percentage!  #2 on the Saints in catch percentage only Alvin Kamara ahead with 77.6.

Just sayin, Knox n Davis had better get working with that Jugs!

9 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Good player. Want to see the terms but glad we've re-invested in the WR corps. Gabriel Davis was a very promising rookie, but not ready to be a genuine WR2 in my eyes just yet.

why does it matter? It's a 1 year contract

11 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Jerry Rice was bringing it when he was 50 years old!  How old was Lofton when we got him?  Come on, man.  Dude's a professional football player.  I think Lofton was 33 or 34 when we got him.  

Last time I checked those were HOF players. ES is a good to very good player in his prime. He's not in his prime anymore a steep decline can be coming soon . Let's hope it's not this season.

From the tape, he looks like a guy who can really get open. He looks more like Beasley than Brown to my eyes - giving the QB an outlet 10-15 yards downfield with 3 yards of separation in every direction. It could mean more deep looks for Diggs, where he was doing a lot of the basic chain-moving last year. 

Allen is going to have open targets all over the field next season. They might run the ball even less than they did this year!

Diggs, Beasley, Davis and Sanders is a filthy 4-wide.  Hodgins can be the developmental WR/RZ target with his size.   Looks like we’ll draft a speed WR that can return kicks/punts to round out the WR room. 

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What exactly are you expecting?

I wasn't expecting to sign a FA WR.

But given that we did, I don't hate Sanders so much as I think signing a 33 year old speed guy that's not soo speedy is underwhelming.

Also people keep pointing to his stats last year, they would be fine if he was the #2 or #3 option for Brees but he wasn't. He was the #1 option for most of the year and again was underwhelming.

Id have restructured JB or made an effort to keep a Pro Bowl return man, thats all Im saying.

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

He had better be way cheaper.

If Smoke ends up signing somewhere for anywhere near the same as Sanders then it's likely going to be looked at as another Robert Woods type mistake down the road. Unless it was the trainers and docs that felt JB wasn't worth betting on healthwise for some reason, then I get it.

What part of last season did John Brown make you think he was Robert Woods ? 

7 minutes ago, babulator said:

I wasn't expecting to sign a FA WR.

But given that we did, I don't hate Sanders so much as I think signing a 33 year old speed guy that's not soo speedy is underwhelming.

Also people keep pointing to his stats last year, they would be fine if he was the #2 or #3 option for Brees but he wasn't. He was the #1 option for most of the year and again was underwhelming.

Id have restructured JB or made an effort to keep a Pro Bowl return man, thats all Im saying.

You gonna be okay ?    Treat yourself to a bubble bath and a chic fil a breakfast.  

By week 3 you’ll be swooning for Sanders after he scores a couple TD’s for us.  

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You gonna be okay ?    Treat yourself to a bubble bath and a chic fil a breakfast.  

By week 3 you’ll be swooning for Sanders after he scores a couple TD’s for us.  

I'd ask you the same question. You're in full blown forum rage because were not all over the moon for Sanders.

I'm underwhelmed, you're in a frothy frenzy, we can agree to disagree. Maybe lay off the coffee in the AM.

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This is impressive.  

He looks great!!!

And he's basically the #1 WR out there with Thomas being injured,  he'll have very favorable matchups here. 

This got me excited 

He's an excellent route runner. Even if he loses a step he'll still be able to get open. 

I saw someone mention on Twitter the Bills have the 3 best route runners in the NFL in terms of a top 3 WR's. Gabriel Davis should become a better player because of this also. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, 42Knuck said:

My apologies guys, can someone give me the skinny on Emmanuel Sanders?  Not familiar with him.  Sounds like some really like him, other not so much.  Thanks!

He starred on a TV show in the 80's....Webster ;) 

Emmanuel-Lewis.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I'm looking for 50 receptions for 650 yards and 5 TD's. 

He's going to be a guy to move the sticks and get open in the Red Zone. I like it, and want to add a burner in the draft.

I suspect he also will get on the field in more 10 personnel.   There really was no other player who could do what Beasley did for us.  Now we have Sanders that can.  Good for RZ, moving the sticks and redundancy in case of injury or just breathers.

It is more than I’d want to pay for what I expect to be a #4 WR, but it’s not crazy.  I also understand why they’d go this route rather than to just draft a rookie for it.  Sanders is way more of a sure thing.