Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Sometimes - I admit to mainly l watching him against Ohio state the last two years but he could not run the ball against them. And that was a light box for sure. As a receiver out of the backfield though, different story. 

At this point I will take either.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Cheaper than Smoke?

He had better be way cheaper.

If Smoke ends up signing somewhere for anywhere near the same as Sanders then it's likely going to be looked at as another Robert Woods type mistake down the road. Unless it was the trainers and docs that felt JB wasn't worth betting on healthwise for some reason, then I get it.

23 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

He seems a better slot guy than brown. So We have Diggs and Davis going deep with Sanders and Beasley running underneath. I personally didn’t want him this year as his 34, rather find some younger talent so I hope it’s in the 4.5-5.5 million range max.

Brown wasn't a slot guy here, Beasley is. Brown played on the outside.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

He had better be way cheaper.

If Smoke ends up signing somewhere for anywhere near the same as Sanders then it's likely going to be looked at as another Robert Woods type mistake down the road. Unless it was the trainers and docs that felt JB wasn't worth betting on healthwise for some reason, then I get it.

Brown may well sign for less.  WR are moving slowly and John Brown isn't making the pundits' lists of top guys still available.

I think this past season hurt his value.

I don't think this is about $$, it's about having at least two WR who can win against press man coverage.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Sanders had a 1400 yard receiving  year his 5th season. Fuller and Moore haven't topped 1000 yards yet in any given season. Sanders might not be in his athletic prime like Samuels or Fuller but has a better track record IMO.

There it is, in his 5th year he did something and it’s been 5 years since he’s broken 1000 yards.  

Now we have the Bills homers running in to show me that a 10 year vet outperformed a rookie who converted from RB to WR at the NFL level.  Oh nooo.  You have a speed guy who hasn’t put up jack in terms of YPC vs 2 guys who are just coming into their prime and comparing Fuller to him w Fuller out producing him in 11 games last year.. ohh super star status here.   I hate this board, the ratio of rational people to complete Beane homers is 1: 900

• Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

There it is, in his 5th year he did something and it’s been 5 years since he’s broken 1000 yards.  

Now we have the Bills homers running in to show me that a 10 year vet outperformed a rookie who converted from RB to WR at the NFL level.  Oh nooo.  You have a speed guy who hasn’t put up jack in terms of YPC vs 2 guys who are just coming into their prime and comparing Fuller to him w Fuller out producing him in 11 games last year.. ohh super star status here.   I hate this board, the ratio of rational people to complete Beane homers is 1: 900

Well statistically they have both out performed Sanders in virtually every way since they entered the league vs what he has done in the same time frame. - DCofNC

So now I’m the irrational fan for comparing Samuel and Fuller to Sanders since 2017... because I followed YOUR logic to illustrate YOUR point? 

Genius... you said that Fuller and Samuel outperformed Sanders in every major statistical category since they entered the league... you were just flat out wrong. It was false... you said something and expected nobody to check you on publicly available information? 

He hasn’t put up jack in terms of YPC... it looks the same as Samuel? So Samuel is a speed guy who hasn’t put up jack in terms of YPC then too? Fuller our produced him in 11 games... why didn’t he play 5 more? Maybe because he’s an actual injury prone player (playing ~50% of possible games in 4 years)? Oh yeah... that’s it. Nobody said Sanders is a superstar... I sure didn’t... but neither are Fuller or Samuel... that’s the point.

YOU made the claim that they outperformed him and failed to back it up. The burden of proof is on YOU... you failed to do prove that. It has nothing to do with being a homer, liking Beane, liking this signing and has everything to do with you making an irresponsible post and expecting people to just believe you. 

If you hate this board because you’re called out for ***** posts... sorry?? You’ve failed to contribute anything substantive in this thread... it doesn’t seem like you’re part of the solution in making this board better... so don’t gripe about anyone else other than yourself. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think anyone who dislikes this is nuts. A young, super expensive FA WR is NOT our biggest need right now.
But ESanders!?! Here is what I like about the signing:

1. Really, really smart and crafty player, willing to go off schedule with the QB.

2. Can play slot or run deep routes, has the size and thump to beat man coverage
3. No need to bring him up to speed, I guarantee he comes into camp, ready to go. Ready to add to a (now) veteran team ready to win (now).

3. Diggs, Beasley and Sanders are 3 of the slickest route runners in the league. Add in Gabe Davis, who also has these attributes and its gonna be damn near impossible to cover that group.

4. Good price, one year. Perfect.

Can you image if we had an RB who could break a tackle or two on his way through the line?

Edited by foreboding
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, foreboding said:

I think anyone who dislikes this is nuts. A young, super expensive FA is NOT our biggest need right now.

1. Really, really smart and crafty player, willing to go off schedule with the QB.

2. Can play slot or run deep routes, has the size and thump to beat man coverage
3. No need to bring him up to speed, I guarantee he comes into camp, ready to go. Ready to add to a (now) veteran team ready to win (now).

3. Diggs, Beasley and Sanders are 3 of the slickest route runners in the league. Add in Gabe Davis, who also has these attributes and its gonna be damn near impossible to cover that group.

Can you image if we had an RB who could break a tackle or two on his way through the line?

Agreed.  Our rbs can break tackles on their way to the line.  The problem is, they can’t beat Drew Bledsoe in a foot race.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, foreboding said:

I think anyone who dislikes this is nuts. A young, super expensive FA is NOT our biggest need right now.

Exactly. He’s a rental. 

Go add a guy in the 5th or 6th that gives you straight line speed and some plus special teams ability and see if he can develop into a route runner / speed option in the future - he won’t want for tutors around here. 

• Like (+1) 1