Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

49 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

same. I don’t get how this is an upgrade. I figured they would go younger and healthier. Bringing in an older guy who is just as injury prone seems really silly. 

That said, this team is not dead to Me (not yet). 

I got nothing against Sanders...but I am assuming his age may have helped us get him at a decent price. He had a decent season in New Orleans (61/725/5tds), so I don't think he is shot.  Probably a cheap 1 or 2 year deal.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Davis wasn't the #4 last year.  Sanders won't be #2 this year.  Given this O-line, Beasley is second in importance only to Diggs for Josh.

Yeah of course. My point is that I'm glad that we've signed a proven vet who can replace Brown (hopefully an upgrade over him and healthier) so that Davis can continue to develop at his own pace. If we add another WR in Rounds 2-5 who can provide some speed and return ability, I'd love our WR group. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, junior12thman92 said:

Don't know as much about him as I'd like to, to be honest. 

Yes, I am curious about Hodgins too.  I remember this past summer hearing a few different draft "experts" assesing the Bills draft, saying that they though Hodgins had a bigger chance of making an impact on the team in 2020 than Davis.  Not sure if that means he will be good, or if draft "experts" don't really know much.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah of course. My point is that I'm glad that we've signed a proven vet who can replace Brown (hopefully an upgrade over him and healthier) so that Davis can continue to develop at his own pace. If we add another WR in Rounds 2-5 who can provide some speed and return ability, I'd love our WR group. 

Okay, Brown had some injury woes in 2020, but the guy is really damn good when healthy.  Why are so many acting like he had all these problems?

2 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Brown was way overblown here.  Sanders is better, no question.  I’m a big fan of David though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have been kinda meh on Sanders. Granted Brees was declining but sanders seems like a player in decline. It will be interesting to see what his price tag is. Still, he’s only counted on as a 3rd or 4th option so no real problem with it. I do think the name is bigger than the game now though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1