Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

37 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think I’d rather have John Ross, younger with more speed. But this is a solid pickup if it happens. 

Ross can only really separate vertically. His hands are suspect, if not downright greased slabs of limestone. He would cost a lot, because raw speed is an over-valued trait... Nah... Although Ross has the one trait we should look to add--speed--his cost and shortcomings should remove him from our radar.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah I get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to slight Davis, he was incredible value for a 4th round pick and made some huge plays for us. I just think there is a big difference between being WR4/beating the opposing defense's CB4 likely in single coverage 100% of the time and being WR2 matched up against their CB2 and drawing a lot more attention. 

He's a promising second year player who has some room to grow, I just thought it would be risky to depend on him as our WR2 given how important our passing attack is. 

Davis wasn't the #4 last year.  Sanders won't be #2 this year.  Given this O-line, Beasley is second in importance only to Diggs for Josh.

For some reason I have never been much of a Sanders fan.  He's been with the Steelers, Broncos, 49ers, Saints and now the Bills.  I always wonder how good a player really is by the time they are on their FIFTH team.  If he was such a great player, why would 4 other teams move on from the guy?  I see it as a quality veteran depth move, but not a game-changing signing.

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah I get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to slight Davis, he was incredible value for a 4th round pick and made some huge plays for us. I just think there is a big difference between being WR4/beating the opposing defense's CB4 likely in single coverage 100% of the time and being WR2 matched up against their CB2 and drawing a lot more attention. 

He's a promising second year player who has some room to grow, I just thought it would be risky to depend on him as our WR2 given how important our passing attack is. 

I hear ya, but Davis can handle business. And like you said he has room to grow and that's what I LOVE about him!! Promising rookie season, physical, separation, great hands and will win the contested balls. Not to mention great sideline awareness for some toe drag swag. But Sanders is an excellent route runner and 4 wide sets are gonna be wild! Might not be the burner he was but our wide outs(diggs, beasley, sanders and even put Davis and hodgins in that category)are known for separation from db's and ill take that all day! 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Absolutely.  Brown (IMO) improved this past season - might be that "steel sharpens steel" thing with Diggs leading the room and Gabe Davis chasing him.    But he could still get taken away too easily.

Agree, though if your quoting McD it's "iron sharpens iron."

• Thank you (+1) 1

A decent move.

The clip being shown of what he did with that awful throw from Hill, should tell you what you need to understand.

This is a veteran receiver who understands what to do to support his QB, when a play breaks down, or goes off script.

Diggs was good at this, as was Beasely, to an extent. Having another WR who does it also, will give Allen even more chance, when he has to start moving.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

John Ross is a terrible receiver.   Like terrible.    He doesn't run good routes.  Has stone hands and has never had more than 28 catches in a season.   Sanders could be 43 and more productive than ross

This does not seem complicated - Ross is not an NFL receiver.

• Like (+1) 1