Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Think they will bring in another WR in FA?

Maybe draft one 

Not sure about FA.  If the reports are true about the WR market being kind of low-balled in FA, I guess it is possible.  But with Isaiah Hodgins coming back this season, maybe they like him enough to wait and see what happens later on in FA.  They probably draft one at some point, but I don't see it early. 

I just mentioned Fuller because I would like him for the big play ability and speed he brings. But, I know we are on a tight budget and he may cost a bit too much in the end.  The Sanders signing might be a sign that nothing else is happening at WR in FA, though.  We'll see what the numbers are though.  Is he more of a Smoke replacement or an Isaiah McKenzie replacement?  We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No word on the deal yet but we haven't heard about restructurings or releases either.

He had it once - 4.39 40

He's 33

Some people claim speed doesn't leave

🤷‍♂️

True. But  I don’t know if he’s still kicking up heels at that mph.  I’m not saying he’s slow.  He can run.  I’m just looking for the Bills to add Cheetah Hill type speed.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Does TJ Graham have a brother?.... 

Do people forget that Stefon Diggs is on this team? 

We didn't use Diggs as a speed guy, that said Sanders brings some speed to the table and good hands. He might not be Smoke but he's a good #2 WR and we need him to be a #3. 

Just now, purple haze said:

True. But  I don’t know if he’s still kicking up heels at that mph.  I’m not saying he’s slow.  He can run.  I’m just looking for the Bills to add Cheetah Hill type speed.  

I think the Bills are looking for the Bills to add Cheetah Hill type speed and moves.  But they're unlikely to find it on the cheap in FA.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We didn't use Diggs as a speed guy, that said Sanders brings some speed to the table and good hands. He might not be Smoke but he's a good #2 WR and we need him to be a #3. 

Having a “speed guy” is only valuable if they’re also a separation guy. Route running is king, and versatility is everything. Diggs can “take the top off of a defense” as well as anyone in the league. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the Bills were disappointed in Brown's ability to play through tough man coverage. 

Absolutely.  Brown (IMO) improved this past season - might be that "steel sharpens steel" thing with Diggs leading the room and Gabe Davis chasing him.    But he could still get taken away too easily.

• Like (+1) 1

I love Sanders. As an SMU alum, I have followed his career closely and have a great deal of respect for the person and player.

With that said, while I think Sanders could be a valuable piece to this team, I still feel we could really use a field stretcher and Sanders is not that. However, I think Beane may prioritize WR ability to get separation via elite route running and I can't say I disagree, as this is a more challenging thing to defend than one-trick pony speed (john ross).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was a great possession guy for the Broncos, sure handed, wasn’t afraid to make catches and get nailed.  Also brings Super Bowl experience.  A nice bet option that produced every where he’s gone.  Nice value signing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the Bills are looking for the Bills to add Cheetah Hill type speed and moves.  But they're unlikely to find it on the cheap in FA.

Yeah...but there are some burners in the draft! 😃