Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yeah, I would still draft one. I would also draft a slot guy because it’s pretty unlikely that Beasley makes it through a whole season with the hits he takes each game.

Me and a few other guys have been wanting them to sign Khalif Raymond, he played for Tennessee, is 26 and super fast and can return. And he’ll be cheap. Wouldn’t hurt to invest a draft pick too 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Not a big fan, but whatever......  As long as it is dirt cheap.

I am big on trying to bring in Fuller depending on the price tag.  Sanders really doesn't move the needle at all at this stage in his career. 

Think they will bring in another WR in FA?

Maybe draft one 

I always figured they were only gonna do a 1-2 year deal with a veteran with speed.

That way, they don’t have to be in the position of NEEDING Gabriel Davis to become WR2 — though I bet he naturally will anyway. Consider Sanders veteran insurance in case Davis doesn’t progress the way they hope he will.

Essentially, the retention of the o-linemen and signing of Sanders means that, save for the Tyler Krofts and Ike Boettgers of the world, the Bills have a ready-to-go starting offense right now. They’re not gonna lose anything from last year. Hopefully they continue to add — I’m sure they will. But even if not, our offense shouldn’t miss a beat from last year.

Now I’m off to watch Sanders from last year. Seems like he’s still pretty fast to me!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane actually tried to trade for him last year at the same time as Diggs.

he 

his hands and route running are not better than browns. but i still like the signing. he played well last year with a weird QB carousel between winston and hill with a very old brees

Didn’t see that one coming.  If he has any wheels left, I like it.  Can’t imagine it was for much money. 

Would have rather kept Smoke or re-sign him.  

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

Ooh I really like this signing. Sanders is a great route runner which is the trait I prioritize above all others. Really good hands too. We needed a veteran option to make sure Davis isn't just handed the #2 spot. Speed still needs to be added in the draft but you could do a lot worse than Sanders.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2