Bills sign P Matt Haack

Process

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Bojo has a leg but he's not consistent. Toss in he has issues as a holder, honestly I don't mind replacing him.

I’ve changed my mind. I was reacting emotionally.  The. I checked myself.  I’m back

• Like (+1) 2

From some Fins fans on Reddit:

He is really inconsistent when you need a big punt, but he is solid at getting the ball between the numbers on the shorter stuff.

He can boom it but my god he was so bad with accuracy punts and pinning last year.

He's great when he's great and he shanks when he's bad

Played like dog**** week 17 in Buffalo. Pretty consistently inconsistent

Haack repeatedly ***** us especially in that week 17 game while we were also repeatedly ***** by the bills punter

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Liked how Bojo played last year. Also the placeholder on kicks.

Hopefully a camp body, need to look at his stats.

Awful placeholder. I swear if you look at the missed attempts he has the laces wrong a majority of the time. Much improved punting though. 

• Like (+1) 1

My inner monologue for this offseason has gone from "Beane is a wizard" to "why are we trying to lose this year for the sake of being cheap. Everything sucks." Outwardly I pretend to feign confidence. I should probably worry more about why I keep record of the conversations I have with myself though.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ummmm.  This is pretty much the worst first signing ever.  Let’s replace our 50ypp punter with a 44ypp guy that was let go by a division rival because they signed a guy we almost signed.....

but maybe I’m wrong.  I’m just not happy about losing Bojo.  I liked him

Considering that our offense is finally good, would you rather have a punter that can boom it 50 yards but can't place the ball at all, or a guy that can place the ball inside the 20, 10, and 5 yard line? I would personally rather have the latter.

Bojo was great last year, but generally has had lots of trouble with directional kicks and mistakes at critical times.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Is it really necessary to downgrade the punter position? This is frustrating.

Yes it is. We're watching NE spend half a billion dollars to improve and so far we haven't upgraded at Edge, RB or TE. And I guess we have like $6-8M left. Frustrating.....

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hm... I wonder if Bojo was wanting more than we wanted to pay? Not sure I get the point of developing him and being patient with him only to not sign him...

Sounds as though Bojo wanted to be paid more than the Bills wanted to pay him, all I can think of.

We could have tendered him.

Hard to think of this as not being a downgrade.

Haack

image.thumb.png.c9b62405cd5408a11594e26b5e14b51b.png

image.thumb.png.b765fed6222521e7d0d209336484e007.png

Bojo

image.thumb.png.742ae5dd4df39989e2cea203a398705a.png

image.thumb.png.d3e8e54ed242a32757048797df1b2dbb.png

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Considering that our offense is finally good, would you rather have a punter that can boom it 50 yards but can't place the ball at all, or a guy that can place the ball inside the 20, 10, and 5 yard line? I would personally rather have the latter.

Bojo was great last year, but generally has had lots of trouble with directional kicks and mistakes at critical times.

What evidence do you have that Haack is better at this? His career inside-20 percentage is much lower than Bojo's.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ummmm.  This is pretty much the worst first signing ever.  Let’s replace our 50ypp punter with a 44ypp guy that was let go by a division rival because they signed a guy we almost signed.....

but maybe I’m wrong.  I’m just not happy about losing Bojo.  I liked him

Edit:  after further review, I like the signing....as he’s a beast at pinning them deep. Bojo always let us down in that regard. 

but I’m a little afraid that McD will elect to pin teams deep instead of going for it on 4th.  He really impressed me this past year by going for it on 4th quite often.  Let’s hope that doesn’t change 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve changed my mind. I was reacting emotionally.  The. I checked myself.  I’m back

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

I’m happy with maaaaatt haaaaaack.  I’ll miss Bojo 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

Thinking Beane has something up his sleeve. Get us down and confused, then Bam. A big free agent signing. So big, that it makes what the Pats did look childish.

Who is down or confused?  This is about what was realistically expected so far for the Bills in FA.

Don't let the unrealistic expectations and over the top wants get you down. The Bills are in good hands, have some faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2