Bills sign P Matt Haack

Process

I didn't realize Haack was also a left-footer

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/bills-sign-punter-matt-haack?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

The signing of Haack may mean the Bills are prepared to move on from Corey Bojorquez, who is a Restricted Free Agent. To retain Bojorquez's rights, the Bills would have to give him a minimum qualifying offer of $2.13 million, which would make him one of the top-10 paid punters in the NFL by cash, and in the top half of the league in terms of salary cap hits in 2021.

Coming over from the Dolphins forum, going to sign up shortly.  Matt is my cousin, I figured Buffalo would be the last place he would end up with Bojo doing so well last year (of the places possible) but I can tell you as someone who lost interest in the NFL for awhile, then started watching again when he was signed by Miami, I for one am so damn happy he’s going to a good team.  Miami’s draft is set up to be a dumpster fire (they have lots of picks, but they’re targeting a cancerous culture).  

anyway, sorry for those of you not excited, but we are pumped!  

also, he holds the Dolphins record for most punts inside the 20 in a single game, which he did twice.

307 total punts for an anemic offense, 114 inside the 20.

2nd in Dolphins history (ahead of Roby) in net yards (career).

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Our new punter with the TD pass:

SPOLIER:  He throws it to place kicker, that is unusual.  Marine Mammals DID have a good special teams last year to compensate for Tua.

Bojo's Out of bounds punts may have caused the Bills to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So that's why we're downgrading the punter?

We almost never punted last year. Do you really think this is going to hurt the team much? He is an NFL caliber punter. We'll be fine.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Shouldn't it be the other way "If he signs for over $2 mil you don't get it"??

The Bills could have had him for $2 mil tender.

But if he signs with another team for $1.5 mil, could just as easily mean the Bills were only will to pay $1.25 mil or something??

Since no team has announced they've come to terms, could easily be camp punter and he still signs with Buffalo

If he takes less than the Bills should have paid him, that’s what I don’t get.  I’m assuming they would have given him at least that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColeB said:

A reduced emphasis of special teams when paired with Andre Roberts.

We had the returner with the best kickoff return average and the punter with the highest average.

focusing so much on a punters average is really not a good way to judge them

• Like (+1) 1