DL: Jefferson, Murphy

LB: Phillips

DB: Norman, Marlowe

P: Bojorquez

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Bojo better be re-signed. He is an excellent punter, and punters are relatively cheap for the good they can do in regards to field position (and consistent ball holding for kickers). We don't need the added headache of his loss.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thanks for the thread OP.

I think you are missing some blocking TE in substractions.

Also, purist in me would change "Star" to "Lotulelei" so its consistent with other names :)

Thanks for the attention to detail. Edited.

I can't say we've improved except for with Star returning it bodes well for our D. As I wouldn't say we regressed either. Yet if we do add Ertz that changes things quite a bit. Also if get significant play from a draft pick or two we could see better things in 2021.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't say we've improved except for with Star returning it bodes well for our D. As I wouldn't say we regressed either. Yet if we do add Ertz that changes things quite a bit. Also if get significant play from a draft pick or two we could see better things in 2021.

DL (Jefferson 534, Murphy 343) and TE (Kroft 298, Smith 171) seems to be the most snaps lost.

Though Winters had 616 mostly due to Feliciano injury. Also, Norman had 344 and Marlowe 230 so a lot at DB as well. 

So expect some action at TE, DL, DB. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know FA is not over but if I recall correctly this is what happened:

Re-signed: Milano, Williams, Feliciano, Boetgker, Wallace, McKenzie, Taiwan Jones, Andre Smith

Extensions: Poyer

Paycuts: Morse, Addison, Butler

Restructures: Matakevich, White

Changes:

QB: Barkley / Trubisky

WR: Brown, Roberts / Sanders

TE: Kroft, Smith / Hollister

RB: Yeldon / Breida

OL: Nsekhe, Winters / none

DL: Jefferson, Murphy / Obada, Lotulelei

LB: none / none

CB: Norman / none

S: Marlowe / none

P: Bojorquez / Haack

I think there were some other small moves but they will not affect actual 2021 roster.

It is really interesting how many of our guys we retained and how small the overall roster turnover is. I think it is a good thing.

Edited by No_Matter_What
added McKittrick
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I know FA is not over but if I recall correctly this is what happened:

Re-signed: Milano, Williams, Feliciano, Boetgker, Wallace, McKenzie, Taiwan Jones, Andre Smith

Extensions: Poyer

Paycuts: Morse, Addison, Butler

Restructures: Matakevich, White

Changes:

QB: Barkley / Trubisky

WR: Brown, Roberts / Sanders

TE: Kroft, Smith / Hollister

RB: Yeldon / Breida

OL: Nsekhe, Winters / none

DL: Jefferson, Murphy / Obada, Lotulelei

LB: none / none

CB: Norman / none

S: Marlowe / none

P: Bojorquez / Haack

I think there were some other small moves but they will not affect actual 2021 roster.

It is really interesting how many of our guys we retained and how small the overall roster turnover is. I think it is a good thing.

The good news is that Haack and Sanders are adequate replacements for Bojo and Brown. I feel good about the backup QB situation as well. While I expect Davis to improve in year 2 - he may have limited opportunities if Diggs, Sanders and Beasley are healthy.

As of now, big picture, we are treading water relative to last year's roster composition and are hoping the addition of Star / Obada / Breida / Hollister, our 2021 draft picks, healthy Moss and Ford, and improved play from Edmunds, Knox, Bates, Jackson, Oliver and Epenesa will put us over KC.

Improved pass rush, better run offense and defense, legit CB2, smarter TE play are our target areas.

Zimmer and Klein are the wild cards - they showed flashes last season and I am hoping they can elevate their game and consistency.

All in all - feel good about the roster - but Beane still has work to do. If he is done with FA, he needs to hit on 3-4 draft picks in terms of immediate contributions to really put us over the hump that is the Chiefs. Coping with the pass rush appears to be their biggest achilles heel.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/16/2021 at 1:31 PM, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Bojo, Norman, Brown, McKenzie - please come back - even if it's on a team-friendly deal to let the salary cap mess to pass.

Roberts - you will be missed.  It was great having you here for a couple years.  Good luck in Houston.

Assistant coach Barkley?

What makes you think he'd be a good coach?

On 3/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, chongli said:

Bojo better be re-signed. He is an excellent punter, and punters are relatively cheap for the good they can do in regards to field position (and consistent ball holding for kickers). We don't need the added headache of his loss.

Bojo booms punts but isn't good at the technical aspects like pinning teams inside the 20. Far too many touchbacks. Which is probably part of the reason he led the league in punting average.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

I like the consistency of a good/great roster.  However, where did we improve our coverage of TE's?  Against the run?  Our running game?  2021 will be a totally different season and its nor realistic to expect 13-3 is our floor and things will go according to plan with us in the Conf Championship.  We have a great offensive cast, but no depth other than QB.  We need to be able to grind it out with a tough running game if we need to.  That wasn't there last year and its not been addressed.  

• Like (+1) 1