Raiders cut center Rodney Hudson, possibly cash poor

Best center in the game gets abruptly cut, team takes a huge cap hit...

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1371897392388304899?s=19

Can't wait to see what he did...if nothing dump Morse lol 

Or is this creating space for another big contract that is coming on board?

Edit: forgot about this

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm a big proponent of keeping Morse (much more than most) but I would get rid of him and pay Hudson +2-3 mill over Morse. I think Hudson would help our running game greatly and be very little drop off, if any, in pass pro.

I did read that if the Raiders designate Hudson as a post June 1st cut, he'd save them $6,400,000. So there's that.

Still...this Mayock/Gruden marriage is looking worse and worse by the minute.

All the eloquent draft analysis and Spider 2 Y Banana in the world ain't gonna win them the AFC West if they can't draft or retain good players.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Cards is my call

I wonder if Davis feels like an ####### for signing gruden to all that dough?  I would if I was Davis. Talk about being taken to the dry cleaners and then some lol. 4 years into the contract and now your looking at a potential rebuild🤣🤣🤣 only the raiders

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Oh damn.  I knew they cut him but didn’t know about the cap hit.  That makes zero sense.  

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

That’s very interesting and I’d be curious to know why.  Is it money tied up in other investments, trending towards bankruptcy?   They just got all that Vegas money.  

I wonder if the NFLPA will look into this 

• Like (+1) 1

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Raiders cut center Rodney Hudson, possibly cash poor

There has been a lot of talk about how the Raiders just don't have $$ (not cap space)

They did just sink an absolute fortune into that new stadium, and it's just terrible luck that the year it opens there are no fans, so no $$ from the new market. 

This definitely makes Gruden even safer. Can't afford to pay him and another coach. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2