Ertz Discussing Contract with Buffalo?

4 minutes ago, The Governor said:

From Free Agent Frenzy on @nflnetwork: The #Eagles are taking their time with TE Zach Ertz, as they wait for higher trade compensation. Also, Ertz isn't looking for a new contract as part of a deal. Willing to play out his final year.

So Edmunds alone won’t get this deal done. Not surprising.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

No it wouldn't.  Edmunds is a lousy football player.  (Because he is 6'5 and has dreads makes him look cool I guess for some people)   Guy can't tackle.  And he has no instincts on where the play is going.  Maybe he will improve this season.  But building our defense around him has been a bad idea IMHO.  Trade him for Ertz and plug someone else in at MLB.

You are entitled to your opinion

44 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

No it wouldn't.  Edmunds is a lousy football player.  (Because he is 6'5 and has dreads makes him look cool I guess for some people)   Guy can't tackle.  And he has no instincts on where the play is going.  Maybe he will improve this season.  But building our defense around him has been a bad idea IMHO.  Trade him for Ertz and plug someone else in at MLB.

Yes .. he was voted to the Pro Bowl because he is 6'5" and has dreads. I can see you saying he doesn't deserve the pro bowl, but "lousy" is clearly a reach and if they were disenfranchised with him it is unlikely we would get less than a second rounder for him.  He is considered a athletic, high ceiling LBer who has not quite arrived yet. You do not give that up for an old TE unless you are the Houston Texans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Governor said:

From Free Agent Frenzy on @nflnetwork: The #Eagles are taking their time with TE Zach Ertz, as they wait for higher trade compensation. Also, Ertz isn't looking for a new contract as part of a deal. Willing to play out his final year.

A couple of things here:

-Eagles may be taking their time to deal (or not deal) Ertz for what they see as proper compensation. BUT to get the value they want, whatever team trades for him will probably want a longer term deal and help their cap situation in order to give up what Philly is looking for. 

-Ertz may not need an extension for a trade, but whatever team gives up picks probably does. 

Given the cap situation this year and Ertz contract, I can’t see Ertz moving and/or Philly getting enough value back, without an extension/restructure. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Do you think coaches and players only care about his dreads?  Edmunds has made the Pro Bowl twice and 2/3 of the vote is coaches and players.  The last 1/3 is the fans.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think coaches and players only care about his dreads?  Edmunds has made the Pro Bowl twice and 2/3 of the vote is coaches and players.  The last 1/3 is the fans.  

I think that instead of benching him in week 4 next season, you trade him and save yourself the humiliation that will ensue. I truly think he could be on the move. We just paid Milano. That tells us he likely isn’t part of the future anymore. They aren’t going to pay both of them.

Edited by The Governor
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What do players and coaches know?

Or well maybe It’s just a conspiracy to keep the Bills defense from being dominant by making McDermott think he is good and keep playing him.... insidious. 🤔 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I think that instead of benching him in week 4 next season, you trade him and save yourself the humiliation that will ensue. I truly think he could be on the move.

The Bills are 100% all in on Tremaine Edmunds as their MLB. Not only is he not getting traded they will pick up his 5th year option. Take that to the bank.

• Like (+1) 7

If it said the Eagles had given him permission to negotiate with teams. Maybe I'd buy it.

If it were a verified account and not a NY Giants "beat reporter" from England with a third of the followers of the Buffalo Fanatics. Maybe.

Keep in mind that EVERY year, people on Twitter hypothesize moves that make sense and post fake information hoping that they get lucky and can say they "broke" the story in hopes of being legitimized as a "source".

Don't fall for it. Unless it comes from a verified reporter, it's meaningless.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The governor knows what's up.  Not sure what defense the rest of you have been watching.  But Edmunds CAN NOT tackle to save his life.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills are 100% all in on Tremaine Edmunds as their MLB. Not only is he not getting traded they will pick up his 5th year option. Take that to the bank.

Do you think they'll extend him after the 5th year or do you think they just don't want a hole there after next year?  

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The governor knows what's up.  Not sure what defense the rest of you have been watching.  But Edmunds CAN NOT tackle to save his life.

I love that you spell "cannot" as two words and then make it all uppercase for everyone to see.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think they'll extend him after the 5th year or do you think they just don't want a hole there after next year?  

I think to be decided but I would lean towards them trying to extend him after next season. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If it said the Eagles had given him permission to negotiate with teams. Maybe I'd buy it.

If it were a verified account and not a NY Giants "beat reporter" from England with a third of the followers of the Buffalo Fanatics. Maybe.

Keep in mind that EVERY year, people on Twitter hypothesize moves that make sense and post fake information hoping that they get lucky and can say they "broke" the story in hopes of being legitimized as a "source".

Don't fall for it. Unless it comes from a verified reporter, it's meaningless.

And it also doesn’t mean that it’s not true.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love that you spell "cannot" as two words and then make it all uppercase for everyone to see.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think to be decided but I would lean towards them trying to extend him after next season. 

agree it’s not clear. I fully expected them to move on from paying Milano to ensure they could cover Edmunds. Now it seems murkier, but I feel like they’d have to love somebody else a whole lot to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1