Jags spent $1.4 billion in FA since 2011, lost 75% of their games

Shelling out big bucks in free agency is the price you pay for drafting poorly and/or failing to retain your own drafted talent.

It very, VERY rarely happens that we look back at the biggest offseason spenders each year and decide that it was money well spent. "Winning the offseason" ain't worth much.

Besides, as we have seen again and again, collecting talent and building a team are not the same thing.  

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like Snyder’s football team deserves an honorable mention here somewhere (my apologies if I missed such upthread), when it comes to impressively loose purse strings a la Yankees--but in all the wrong places, so no hardware to show for it...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

That's like $140m/yr!  Over that span, that's around 75% of their total cap.  Granted, rookies & young players don't count much cap-wise, but to me that indicates that they retain virtually none of their players after their 1st contract.  That's indicative of a) not doing a good job of scouting/acquiring players and b) a recipe for continued suckitude.