Tonyan Given 2nd rnd tender, should bills offer?

nato7412

8 minutes ago, Worstcaseontario said:

I had him on my fantasy team, the games rodgers did throw to him frequently he had some big plays, defs a sleeper

Doesn't take rocket appliances to know that you give him an offer sheet........worst case, just cancel the check and you never have to pay.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Hell no.  You don't give up a second.  And certainly not for the pedestrian Tonyan.

Let's get someone who would be TE1 - Ertz or Rudolph or even Everett.  

Tonyan is better than all of them, not pedestrian compared to those 3. I like Everett the most of the others besides Tonyan

• Like (+1) 1

Why are so many 💩 💩 on Tonyan? I can understand not wanting to give away a 2nd..... but a TE that’s too fast for LBers to cover, too big for most safeties to cover, excels during scrambling drills and in the red zone, blocks well, and can play teams isn’t something to scoff at. 

Are y’all still miffed about Clay?

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Tonyan is better than all of them, not pedestrian compared to those 3. I like Everett the most of the others besides Tonyan

Interesting.  We have a different view on this.   Tonyan went off for a couple of games and was Knox-like the rest of his career.  Playoff stats are almost identical.

I would like Ertz here - means the FO sees him as healthy.  Hopefully under the $10mill mark for 2 years, for a 5th.  Ertz when healthy is a playmaker.

Next for me would be Rudolf.  A past pro bowler vet who would be a dual threat to catch and help the run game.

16 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Hell no.  You don't give up a second.  And certainly not for the pedestrian Tonyan.

Let's get someone who would be TE1 - Ertz or Rudolph or even Everett.  

What makes him “pedestrian”?

He’s better than Everett and Rudolph.  Maybe better than ertz.  

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Interesting.  We have a different view on this.   Tonyan went off for a couple of games and was Knox-like the rest of his career.  Playoff stats are almost identical.

I would like Ertz here - means the FO sees him as healthy.  Hopefully under the $10mill mark for 2 years, for a 5th.  Ertz when healthy is a playmaker.

Next for me would be Rudolf.  A past pro bowler vet who would be a dual threat to catch and help the run game.

He didn’t drop a pass all season.  Rodger QB rating throwing to him was over 130.  He’s better than you think.  Just because you never heard of him until last year doesn’t mean he isn’t good. He’s a great blocker and very good receiver with borderline great hands.  He’s MUCH better than knox and clearly our TE1

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

Last season he went off for 52 receptions 586 yards and 11 TDs.

This guy is only 26 and is improving, Ertz and Rudolph are on the down side of their careers and won't come cheap.

Pitts is likely the only TE in this draft that might be better, I'd look seriously at Tonyan if we want to improve the position long term.

6 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Last season he went off for 52 receptions 586 yards and 11 TDs.

This guy is only 26 and is improving, Ertz and Rudolph are on the down side of their careers and won't come cheap.

Pitts is likely the only TE in this draft that might be better, I'd look seriously at Tonyan if we want to improve the position long term.

I think this is two fold.  

A-  do we like him enough to give up a 2nd rd pick?  My answer is yes.

B-  do we like him enough to pay him 12M+ a year when his contract is up after this season?  Jonnu and Henry got it.  Dude didn’t drop a pass last year and scored 1 less TD than both of them combined. (He also ran a 4.58 40 😄)

I have no idea if they would pay him that much. If McB wouldn’t want to pay him, the answer is simple. Definitely wouldn’t want to give up a 2nd rd pick for a 1 year rental TE not named kelce. If they think they need a Good TE long term and will use him and buck up for him, than sure.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

I think it’s a good idea. Tonyan is essentially what we hope Knox becomes. Former quarterback, late mover to the position. Tonyan’s break out came in year three and before that his career was pretty much floundering. 

Knox’s first two years results in essentially all of the stats Tonyan put up in yeah three. So I’d love to get Tonyan, but our version of the same player is on our roster. 

Rudolph or Ertz are much more complimentary players imo. 

• Like (+1) 1