Gronk Considered signing with Bills

25 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Interesting... don't love seeing a swing-and-a-miss here, given that the top FA TEs are all off the board, 2 of which went to our division rival. 

You wanna see the Bills pay the kinda money the Pats did? 

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So much for the "this is the Bills way". We got turned down by Watt, Gronk and I am sure some others will come out. 

At least it makes me feel better knowing they are looking to make moves. 

Shouldn’t you be over on the Jets board? 

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Shouldn’t you be over on the Jets board? 

No, I have been here since the early 80's.Try again.

18 minutes ago, teef said:

You’re trying too hard here.  Shocking. 

Offered him $10M so yes. 

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So much for the "this is the Bills way". We got turned down by Watt, Gronk and I am sure some others will come out. 

At least it makes me feel better knowing they are looking to make moves. 

Yes, our culture is VERY poor! The Bills are VERY bad! 

Gronk chose the lowly Super Bowl Champion Buccaneers that he played with last year... who happen to have the only QB he’s ever played with over Buffalo. 

Our culture is VERY clearly the issue.

Just because a team is “in on” a player doesn’t mean they made a serious offer. In this case they made Gronk a serious offer... we have no idea what the offer looked like for Watt (who straight up took money over playing for a contender) or anyone else. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

f gronk. hes won countless super bowls and who doesnt want to play for their howmetown team, especially at the end of their career. And we are legit superbowl contenders. Shows what a Brady butt buddy he really is

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You wanna see the Bills pay the kinda money the Pats did? 

You're missing my point. I was talking specifically about Gronk here and in my follow-up post...

What I'm saying is that that if this report is true, Beane clearly values obtaining a good TE. The top 3 available TEs have signed elsewhere, meaning we're less likely to fill that hole. Don't love that aspect of it. 

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why?? After what he did to White. I don’t want him anywhere near Buffalo

And this kids is why I am beyond happy that POS didn't land in Buffalo......he is a ROYAL POS.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

So yes what?   Why don’t you explain it a bit better to me?

The Bills wanted him. Which is a good thing. Tired of all the posters coming with this the Bills dont want or need to sign anyone. 

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why?? After what he did to White. I don’t want him anywhere near Buffalo

I can understand that but I'm sure Tre would be the first to welcome Gronk and joke around with him. Would want the past to be the past.

10 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Probably because he has a great ass:wub:

SMH

Actually with Gronk, it's more about his chest:w00t:

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The Bills wanted him. Which is a good thing. Tired of all the posters coming with this the Bills dont want or need to sign anyone. 

i didn't think that's where you were going with it.  that being said, i don't think anyone thinks the bills don't want/need anyone.  the bills have set numbers they are willing to/can offer.  i doubt they're going to be top offers, so there's a good chance it's a slower FA.    I'm sure this office is still being very active though.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

What I'm saying is that that if this report is true, Beane clearly values obtaining a good TE. The top 3 available TEs have signed elsewhere, meaning we're less likely to fill that hole. Don't love that aspect of it. 

No matter how high our trajectory is right now.. Gronk wants to play with Brady, so I wouldn't stress too much over this.  They're also defending super bowl champs.

40 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Holding a grudge against a player who did something stupid that long ago doesn’t make sense under these circumstances. We are looking at a team that will compete for a Super Bowl next season if they make the right moves. Adding a truly elite tight end would be considered a right move by anybody.

I'm sure I could have talked myself into it in about an hour, but I'm glad we didn't sign him. I can't think of a player I'd have a harder time rooting for.  That play really made me sick.

11 minutes ago, Jobot said:

No matter how high our trajectory is right now.. Gronk wants to play with Brady, so I wouldn't stress too much over this.  They're also defending super bowl champs.

Oh, I'm not stressed about Gronk's rationale here or thinking there's a stigma about the Bills.

Take TE/Gronk/whatever out of it. All I'm getting at is that Beane valued Position A highly, as indicated by his making a competitive offer to one of the top 3 players at Position A.  The top 3 players at Position A have signed elsewhere. Beane clearly values this position highly, so I'm curious how he plans to fill the hole he believes is there.

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

i didn't think that's where you were going with it.  that being said, i don't think anyone thinks the bills don't want/need anyone.  the bills have set numbers they are willing to/can offer.  i doubt they're going to be top offers, so there's a good chance it's a slower FA.    I'm sure this office is still being very active though.

That is where I was going. And there are countless posts saying 1) Bills dont have $ 2) Bills dont need anyone 3) Bills only want bargains 4) Not the process and any other excuse for a guy signing elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

That is where I was going. And there are countless posts saying 1) Bills dont have $ 2) Bills dont need anyone 3) Bills only want bargains 4) Not the process and any other excuse for a guy signing elsewhere. 

i haven't seen much in the way of the bills don't need anyone, and it's true the bills don't have the money, hence needing the more cost effective players, or far fewer signings.  concerning not the process for signing somewhere else...with who?  gronk maybe, and he did that to himself when he went all wwe on white.