Bills in on Gerald Everett (Gronk considered an offer from us)

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Also brings you Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Jimmy Graham, Darren Waller, Antonio Gates (undrafted), Dallas Goedirt...

Just because WE haven't hit on a mid-rd TE, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

50 years is a lot of chances....it hasn't really worked out.

1 hour ago, Process said:

You realize the free agent option we are talking about is Gerald Everett right? We are not talking about signing Travis Kelce vs a mid round pick. Obviously I'd love a stud TE. I'm not paying Everett $12M to come in and be slightly better than Knox. A draft pick is a better option. 

I've listed the Bills mid to late round draft picks above (including....Knox).  It really hasn't been a "better option"

1 hour ago, Process said:

You realize the free agent option we are talking about is Gerald Everett right? We are not talking about signing Travis Kelce vs a mid round pick. Obviously I'd love a stud TE. I'm not paying Everett $12M to come in and be slightly better than Knox. A draft pick is a better option. 

If thats the case im in.  I really think we should make a push to go get Pitts if possible.  I think that puts us over the hump if we can get some solid growth out of our last 2-3yrs draft classes.  Everybody keeps saying we cant sit still and hope to catch KC.  I agree in principal, but this isnt the trash coaching staff were used to!  They need to coach up the players we have on the roster, and add someone explosive in the draft

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

If thats the case im in.  I really think we should make a push to go get Pitts if possible.  I think that puts us over the hump if we can get some solid growth out of our last 2-3yrs draft classes.  Everybody keeps saying we cant sit still and hope to catch KC.  I agree in principal, but this isnt the trash coaching staff were used to!  They need to coach up the players we have on the roster, and add someone explosive in the draft

Pitts is going top 10. Would be nice but can't/won't happen. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I hope our offense runs more 2TE sets because I don’t think that our OL will be able to run block very well and our RBs are just ok.  I feel that we’ll have to manufacture a better run game with confusion and some 2TE rpos 

Then losing Lee sucks! knox cant block.  Is kroft gone already? Cant remember.  Sweeney is a big question mark. Didnt that FB we have start at TE too?  TE is in shambles, tough to even think about 12 personnel

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Then losing Lee sucks! knox cant block.  Is kroft gone already? Cant remember.  Sweeney is a big question mark. Didnt that FB we have start at TE too?  TE is in shambles, tough to even think about 12 personnel

Yeah, I agree, TE is in shambles.  It sucks and I hope we address it.

Kroft is a FA

Sweeney has a heart condition and I have no clue if he’ll return or how he’ll play when he returns. 

Gilliam looked ok in spot action, but I’m not sure if he’s in our plans with regards to serious playing time.  

we need another TE

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Process said:

I thought Everett had better years than he has...I mean most years are in the low 400s which is 20-30 yards better than Knox's rookie year of 388. He is a good player and should have better production than that...

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, holla83 said:

There's a singer named Jessie James. She's married to Eric Decker. There was also "The Road Dogg" Jesse James. 

Jesse James and Tyler Bass Man resurrecting the New Age Outlaws in Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s a better receiver than Knox.  Seen a lot of him here in LA, they just had a lot of weapons including another very good TE as well.  

He’s not going to be a dominant blocker, but he would be a more reliable and dynamic upgrade over Knox in the passing game.  

He was the most athletic TE on the free agent market this year.

👆🏾This.

Dude can impact the passing game.  Rams have a lot of mouths to feed, so he’s not a stat monster, but defenses will have to account for him.  If they want a reliable pass game option he’d be a good one.  If they want a more well rounded TE they should look elsewhere.