Bills in on Gerald Everett (Gronk considered an offer from us)

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That strategy brings you Knox, Lonnie Johnson, Shawn Nelson, Bobby Collins, Derek Fine, Dan O'Leary, Tim Euhus,  Nick O'Leary, Derek Schouman, Chris Gragg, Sheldon Jackson, Tommy Sweeney.....

Also brings you Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Jimmy Graham, Darren Waller, Antonio Gates (undrafted), Dallas Goedirt...

Just because WE haven't hit on a mid-rd TE, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He was and is my top FA target at TE on the market.  Yes I had him ranked higher than both Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith.  

I would love to sign him.

Just wondering Why?  He can’t block and is basically a WR, similar to knox. He and knox in 2 TE sets doesn’t create much of a threat  for our run game.  DCs can still focus on the pass.  I don’t see why we would want another move TE.  I’d prefer a TE that can be an asset in the run game and pass game.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That strategy brings you Knox, Lonnie Johnson, Shawn Nelson, Bobby Collins, Derek Fine, Dan O'Leary, Tim Euhus,  Nick O'Leary, Derek Schouman, Chris Gragg, Sheldon Jackson, Tommy Sweeney.....

You realize the free agent option we are talking about is Gerald Everett right? We are not talking about signing Travis Kelce vs a mid round pick. Obviously I'd love a stud TE. I'm not paying Everett $12M to come in and be slightly better than Knox. A draft pick is a better option. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Process said:

I wanted Everett going into FA but if he's going to get crazy money like some of these other guys then forget it. Would rather spend a little more and get someone like Samuel or Fuller, and then spend a mid-late rd pick on a TE.

Agreed on Samuel. I think he's going to get crazy money from someone, but Curtis Samuel would be an outstanding weapon and a perfect fit on the Bills. He would be an upgrade/replacement for John Brown and Isiah McKenzie and provides some rushing ability as well (41 carries in 2020). 

I know our cap space is somewhat tight, but I'm sure we could find a way to make it work. Still some money that could be freed up by restructures and a possible Lee Smith retirement. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agreed on Samuel. I think he's going to get crazy money from someone, but Curtis Samuel would be an outstanding weapon and a perfect fit on the Bills. He would be an upgrade/replacement for John Brown and Isiah McKenzie and provides some rushing ability as well (41 carries in 2020). 

I know our cap space is somewhat tight, but I'm sure we could find a way to make it work. Still some money that could be freed up by restructures and a possible Lee Smith retirement. 

I’d MUCH rather pay Samuel or Golladay big bucks that gerald frigin Everett. Ugh.  I’d be ill if we pay that dude 10m + aav.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

I’d MUCH rather pay Samuel or Golladay big bucks that gerald frigin Everett. Ugh.  I’d be ill if we pay that dude 10m + aav.  

8 minutes ago, Process said:

You realize the free agent option we are talking about is Gerald Everett right? We are not talking about signing Travis Kelce vs a mid round pick. Obviously I'd love a stud TE. I'm not paying Everett $12M to come in and be slightly better than Knox. A draft pick is a better option. 

What if we get him in at  $6-8 million? 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering Why?  He can’t block and is basically a WR, similar to knox. He and knox in 2 TE sets doesn’t create much of a threat  for our run game.  DCs can still focus on the pass.  I don’t see why we would want another move TE.  I’d prefer a TE that can be an asset in the run game and pass game.  

Everett is a significant upgrade to Knox in the passing game.  Pairing his athleticism with Allen would be a mismatch all over the field.  

He’s not a dynamic blocker, but he’s also not as bad as advertised.  We can always sign a blocking TE for more run game support.

And given Daboll is back, I’m not expecting the offense to be a lot different in philosophy next year, so I think the fact he’s got potential to a major threat for Allen in the passing game is more important attribute.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Beane will pay any TE that kind of money this year.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We'll see I guess.

Joe B article in the Athletic

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Slender frame? 6'3" 240. Guess thats not huge for a TE but ive always thought he looked pretty damn big on the field.  Seems like the Rams were always on national tv for 2 years, seen him play alot.  Hes criminally under used IMO.  Withh mcvay there youd think they could scheme him in more, but maybe Dabs can do better?  I could be wrong here, i like the player a lot but the TE market is a little inflated right now, i dont think we have any chance at him

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

What if we get him in at  $6-8 million? 

As long as we can still add one of the top pass rushers.  

I’m just not a fan of spending our resources on a TE similar to the one we have.  I’d like to add a TE we can pair with knox on 2TE sets so we can be more multidimensional.  I don’t think running the ball with both of those guys blocking will help our run game in the least.  

don’t get me wrong, I think Everett is dangerous as a pass catcher and with the ball in his hand....i was just hoping for more.  

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Bills in on Gerald Everett (Gronk considered an offer from us)